Australia tour of West Indies March-April 2011/12

Tied match, renaissance of the SA semi final in 99. Very good tail end batting by WI which almost won them the game. Lee is struggling big time, expensive early on and hasn't been much chop at the death.

What a match! Last time I looked it was game, set and match Australia, superb fight back by the Windies.

And as I type this Sammy is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A Tie!!!!!! Jeez, what a finish :yes

King Gayle may be back !!

West Indies news: Chris Gayle to discuss West Indies future | West Indies Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

For the sake of WI cricket let us hope he comes back. Should make the current series and T20 WC interesting.

Unfortunely Gayle Dont wanna play for West Indies Cricket he wanna play the T20 Leagues instead.WICB Lay it on de table to Play for West Indies he Refused, unfortunely.
For West Indies Cricket Gayle would be a Great, but we need to move on now, plus this team isnt doing Aweful like Everything feel they are doing. Imaging BEating Australia, with a Small team like this. what our Best Team couldnt DO. http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...eam=4;template=results;type=team;view=results
and nearly Won a 2nd game After been 6 down for less than 100 and recovering and had Victory in sight, it's something whcih West Indies havent had in a while, where the Low order makes some runs for them.

Well anyway. for this Tour.
West Indies Need to replaced Powell, maybe put in Barath. J Charles looks good, just needs to carry on. M Samuels need to come down de Order. Young Bravo should come above him, and Pollard should come in before Old Bravo.
This West Indies Team for the Past 2 days Look like a fighter, they are not giving up now, I though After Pollard departed it was all Over. but they carry it so close, Just wish they would of Won, Roach shouldnt of Run. they had 2 balls remain,

Last edited:
This Australian tour and their initial struggles negotiating the mystery of Sunil Narine, sort of reminds me of the 2008/09 season. Back then, like the current one Australia went to UAE on the back on longg home season and had to deal with Saeed Ajmal who just came on the scene on some slow turning wickets.

They eventually won that series 3-2, but a key batsman for AUS in dealing with Ajmal was Michael Clarke who is universally acknowledged as AUS best player of spin. So the without Clarke in the Caribbean currently, that middle-order has to step up a notch to decode the mystery of Narine.

The Windies clearly having mental problem when it comes to knowing how to finis h off games, when in a winning position. Even if they get Gayle back that blockage needs to be sorted out, since the talent in their ranks is evident.

----------

Unfortunely Gayle Dont wanna play for West Indies Cricket he wanna play the T20 Leagues instead.WICB Lay it on de table to Play for West Indies he Refused, unfortunely.
For West Indies Cricket Gayle would be a Great, but we need to move on now, plus this team isnt doing Aweful like Everything feel they are doing. Imaging BEating Australia, with a Small team like this. what our Best Team couldnt DO.

Presuming that report is the real truth about what happened in that meeting, the WICB negotiators couldn't seriously expect Gayle to just walk away from his contractual obligations with the IPL and Somerset.

We all know what's happened in the last year, the WICB held firm to one position that Gayle had to retract statements made, while Gayle declined leaving himself no choice with his windies career in the dark - but to secure himself by playing cricket in all those leagues.

Such a discussion had to occur before Gayle signed these deals, since once can't seriously expect Gayle to come rushing back to windies now.

For West Indies Cricket Gayle would be a Great, but we need to move on now, plus this team isnt doing Aweful like Everything feel they are doing. Imaging BEating Australia, with a Small team like this.

West Indies board seems to have too many issues with him and there are too many ego clashes. NZ seems to have worked out a pretty good deal with their players. Let them play for 2 months in IPL and they pocket 10% of all earnings. WI need to recognize players have the right to earn money. A players life is too short and they need to have some sort of financial security. We can all go back to the olden days but some players of that era are doing menial jobs. WI can still have internationals without their a few players. Gayle would add the much needed fire power in T20 and ODI that they are definitely missing.

Having said that last year a India B team defeated West Indies in West Indies. The tracks for this series look like Indian wickets :lol Wonder what the West Indies former greats have to say about the tracks.

----------

Forgot to add...great game today. Both players had a brain freeze :thumbs

lol All level hahaha

There's not normally any big deal about a player having to play internationals when they're on a domestic contract. Fidel Edwards has been playing all the T20s lately, but no mention has been made of him being unavailable for the West Indies.

I think it's pretty clear they just want him to kiss the ring.

Crazy match, I was pretty confident until the last couple of overs. Good comebacks by the Windies with both bat and ball. I was almost hoping they'd win since the stadium was packed, crowd atmosphere was great and really, how can you not love the West Indies?

Pattinson declared his fitness before the 2nd ODI, so might have to bring him for Lee or Lyon depending on the pitch, otherwise I'd leave everything unchanged.

I think Beausejour might be a bit better for batting, but still not a quick bowler's wicket. I'd expect the same lineups; it's not like they lost, right?

Yeah can't complain if they go with the same XI. I didn't realise Pattinson was fit already though, so I kinda want to slot him in somewhere. Don't think Lee's missed a game for the last few, so seems a good candidate for a rest.

For the WI I would like for Samuels to open for Powell and bring in Bishoo for Powell. 20 overs of Bishoo and Narine would be really difficult to play.

Yeah definitely - EVERY team should play 2 spinners vs Aus when they are touring. At home in Australia, maybe not, but definitely overseas.

Very disappointed with Australia's performance :facepalm Wonders what really happened to their consistency....

Forrest and Hilfy in for Christian and Lyon so guessing we will lineup as:
Warner
Watson
Forrest
Bailey
Hussey
Dussey
Wade

----------

And Haddin won't be returning for the Test series so Wade will finally get his chance to show what he can do.

Well, the two spinners experiment didn't last long. I hope Lyon gets the nod over Doherty in the T20's if we only play one.

Don't mind Hilfy coming in instead of Patto. My thoughts were to give one of the test pacemen some game time.

Would've kept Christian over Forrest, but I knew they'd want to put Wade back down the order. Hopefully that's the reason and not that Clarke is looking unlikely for the tests.

Users who are viewing this thread