Australia tour of West Indies March-April 2011/12

important 4 leg byes! Charles i dont know does not look a good one day player

West Indies are horrible at running between the wickets and they are equally horrible at rotating strike.

WI win against AUS after 6 years :thumbs Australian supporters better worry about their team instead of India :lol

Baugh finishes in style.

Even though it was not convincing but WI won because they bowled very well. Still they need some serious work with their batting.

Last edited:
Even though it was not convincing but WI won because they bowled very well. Still they need some serious work with their batting.

Australia needs serious work on their batting too...

Can't believe they are going to play three ODI's in a row on that wicket, its very substandard.

It makes so of those slow low turners in the sub-continent look good ATM.

Can't believe they are going to play three ODI's in a row on that wicket, its very substandard.

It makes so of those slow low turners in the sub-continent look good ATM.
:lolThe fact that you lost doesn't make the wicket substandard...

Big of you to show up here though, unlike have-troll-will-travel Sedition.

I reckon if pitches are possible that making batting that hard, they ought to do it more often.

Last edited:
A bit disappointing that the Windies were able to break our 5-6 year unbeaten streak against them, but they haven't been very convincing in conditions they should be well accustomed to.

Forrest has really struggled since that 100, four single digit scores and a tough 26. Our two mainstays Clarke and Ponting are being missed, but at least we're building experience amongst our youngsters and we can afford to take a hit now and then considering we haven't lost an ODI series since god knows when.

Would like to see Lyon get a run, but pretty tough to leave someone out. Doey's 4-fer keeps him safe for now, Lee/McKay/Christian haven't done much wrong and obviously can't weaken the batting by leaving Dave/Watson out.

I can't understand why they want to fearsome tweak with the batting order constantly. Mike at 5 and Dave at 6 should be cemented in every time. They've played those roles well, so keep them there and let the newcomers step up and take whatever position is available.

I can't understand why they want to fried chicken with the batting order constantly. Mike at 5 and Dave at 6 should be cemented in every time. They've played those roles well, so keep them there and let the newcomers step up and take whatever position is available.

Agree. Although Hussey himself is starting to come under the microscope, he hasn't done much since the ODIs began this year.

I would get Lyon back in for Forrest or Bailey and go back to Wade and Warner as the opening combo. Bailey/Forrest at 4 and Hussey and Dussey back in their usual spot.

Big of you to show up here though, unlike have-troll-will-travel Sedition.

Lol what? If you're in Sydney you'll know the game didn't start until 1:30am, then was rain delayed even further. Being Monday morning and work to do, one needs to sleep and earn a living, then catch a replay before giving an opinion.

----------

Agree. Although Hussey himself is starting to come under the microscope, he hasn't done much since the ODIs began this year.

I would get Lyon back in for Forrest or Bailey and go back to Wade and Warner as the opening combo. Bailey/Forrest at 4 and Hussey and Dussey back in their usual spot.

Yeah my post was getting a bit long-winded, but I was also thinking Warner/Wade opening, Watson at 3, especially since he'll be there for the Tests more than likely. Bailey's done well in the first two ODIs so I couldn't leave him out, which only leaves Forrest.. even though he's struggling, it's tough to drop a batsman for a bowler considering all the batsmen are having a tough time.

Would be the right move for me if they made the change. As long as Clarke really is likely to play the tests, there shouldn't be any harm in dropping Forrest.

So I'd be happy with:

Warner
Wade
Watson
Bailey
M Hussey
D Hussey
Christian
Lee
McKay
Doherty
Lyon

From what I saw of Forrest in Australia, he should like these slower wickets or in other words be more comfortable against the spin. Hasn't worked out like that though, stumped in the first game and apparently beaten by pace in this game.

I think if there's ever a case for dropping your top wicket-taker, then it's there. These are the sorts of uneven wickets where the spinner shouldn't be getting dominated, even if the opposition tend to go after spinners anyway. They need to at least change the way the batsmen play him, because in matches where 200 is heaps, a run a ball is a liability.

Users who are viewing this thread