Australia tour of West Indies March-April 2011/12

Pollard you beauty!! 20 ball 50 seriously man what power house :clap

go Mumbai Indians now :p

5th ball of the innings. Typical Warner really, 4 dot balls, so the next 2 had to be boundaries.

Despite saying I felt like we were the underdogs for the T20's, I felt pretty confident once I saw the team on paper. Shows how we missed Watson and Hussey in the previous T20's. Other than Charles, the rest of the WI top order ate up too many balls and the usual suspect Pollard was the only highlight.

I am rather glad I didn't watch to see the West Indies send out their worst batsmen first and then have Pollard run out of time.

^This used to be the argument with Pollard - he runs out of time, bats too low blah blah. But TBH, most of the time he never got past 50 anyway, no matter how much or how little time he had. But given his obvious talent and the fact he's managed to craft the odd longer innings, I think he should have the choice of when and where he wants to bat. Bit like Andrew Symonds in that way. Once he found #5 worked well, then his career took off.

I'm not in the best XI: Harris | Cricket | Fox Sports

Hmm i think potentially AUS could play all four of them in Barbados which from all recent evidence could be similar to the Perth surface AUS had to deal with vs India recently.

However the trinidad and dominca test surfaces should be low and slow and a decision to drop one of the quicks will have to be made.

^This used to be the argument with Pollard - he runs out of time, bats too low blah blah. But TBH, most of the time he never got past 50 anyway, no matter how much or how little time he had. But given his obvious talent and the fact he's managed to craft the odd longer innings, I think he should have the choice of when and where he wants to bat. Bit like Andrew Symonds in that way. Once he found #5 worked well, then his career took off.
Pollard has certainly played in teams where he is not necessarily the best player, which is a bit different, but the fact is also that most of the time no batsman, no matter how good, runs out of time. Everyone gets out more often than not. In ODIs, Tendulkar has a median dismissed score of 28. However, is that justification that he ought to bat at 6 or 7? No, a top order batsman is up the order for what he does a third of the time or less.

It seems a bit weird to look at it like that, but that's cricket. It revolves around having a lot of plans that will more than likely fall apart. It's more about risk/reward than sheer probability, which is why we like to see batsmen drive and don't care that they always get out to the shot. For the Windies at the moment, Pollard is the biggest potential rewarder of anyone in the team, whereas someone like Bonner is actually bad for their prospects if he faces 30 balls.

WICB President's XI squad: Carlton Baugh (captain), Ryan Austin, Nkrumah Bonner, Johnson Charles, Kyle Corbin, Fidel Edwards, Jason Holder, Delorn Johnson, Nelon Pascal, Kieran Powell, Devon Smith, Devon Thomas

I like that the WI included Fidel Edwards because he hasn't had any real game time since the end of the tour of India. Happy that they included Jason Holder too, he has been bowling well this year in the 4 day competition and hopefully he does well against whatever team the Aussies put out.
No Rampaul is a bad sing because he also hasn't played any cricket since the India tour and has been ill for some time.

I dont really get the inclusion of Devon Smith?? Poor form all around and this year he has been poor in the domestic 4 day competition.

Johnson Charles is on fire 4 balls 14 runs with 2 fours and 1 six

----------

Well Charles is really making a mockery of bowling and as I write he is out!!

Great innings loved watching it :)

----------

BTW where is Bishoo? He was looking West Indies best spinner and then suddenly is no where seen?

----------

and here comes Kieron Pollard at number 3 :D

Warner's bullet arm costing us an easy run out. Had all the time in the world to lob it in to Lee.

Well this is really pathetic collapse. 12 overs 120 and another 7 overs you have added just 38 with 7 wickets? I was happy to see Pollard up but Sammy at 4? Over smartness shown clearly :rolleyes

Man of the moment Johnson Charles puts down an absolute sitter with Aus 1 down for 3 runs.

Users who are viewing this thread