Australia tour of West Indies March-April 2011/12

So... Exact same team against India except Wade in for Haddin. No Pattinson, with Watson @ 3
YAY.

Lyon into the attack for the 12th over? Clarke must be drunk.

----------

Siddle must also be drunk.. poor attempt at a c&b :facepalm

Hooray for Matthew Wade. Here's hoping he's the permanent WK for years to come.

Seems like a slow first session, or 'traditional test cricket' as the we would deem it when its Cook and Trott. :p

Slow but solid start by WI.i wasn't expecting this from them as i've put all my vcash on Aus :facepalm Brathwaite seems that he has all the time in the world.very calm and solid reminds me of Azhar ali because of his ball consuming habit

Slow but solid start by WI.i wasn't expecting this from them as i've put all my vcash on Aus :facepalm Brathwaite seems that he has all the time in the world.very calm and solid reminds me of Azhar ali because of his ball consuming habit

You seems to have forgotten fellow teammate Shiv, who just replaced him at the crease.

For a kid who is only 19 he has a good attitude and wants to put in the work to help his team get in a good position. As he continues to play he will get more comfortable against players much older then he is and also his body will develop, he will get stronger physically.

Kirk Edwards impressed some more and looked comfortable against the spin of Lyon and wasn't afraid to take him on. Too bad he got out to a below average ball but he has been rally solid at #3 for WI.

Lyon into the attack for the 12th over? Clarke must be drunk.

----------

Siddle must also be drunk.. poor attempt at a c&b :facepalm

Yeah was interesting, must have been watching the Eng-SL series and seeing the value of spin + new ball. Not sure Lyon made much of it though.

And Siddle, yeah that was weird - he didn't really do anything but extend his hand. Needed to move his feet a bit to get to it. Misjudged or lazy, either aren't great. That drop cost a lot of runs.

From the sounds of it, there were a few drops through the day: Ponting, Clarke, Watson. On these pitches where nothing is happening for the bowlers, that's pretty wasteful. Watched the first hour and got up early to watch some more - but raining...:mad

Yeah was interesting, must have been
From the sounds of it, there were a few drops through the day: Ponting, Clarke, Watson. On these pitches where nothing is happening for the bowlers, that's pretty wasteful.

Clarke's wasn't a drop; Brathwaite hit the ground although he thought he edged it. The drop off K Edwards(on 56 by Watson) wasn't costly in the end.

There wasn't much for the bowlers today but the ball swung throughout and there is some pace and bounce. Last year there were lots for the bowlers. I don't expect any bowler to really struggle this series.

Watched the first hour, we got swing but there was nothing threatening about it. Partly due to the length, good batting by WI and just not much on offer for the bowlers.

I made it to the lunchbreak before passing out, 1/60 just couldn't sustain me. Just caught the highlights and Watson's drop was a shocker, Ponting's was one you expect him to take, low one-handed in the slips.

I thought we'd make some early inroads with the swing we had going on, but we just didn't tempt them enough. Kind of expected that it would take some time to get the line and length right. I have a good feeling we can rip through them in the morning session tomorrow and restrict them to about 250, obviously Bravo and Chanders are key.

Yeah, no doubt Pattinson would've ruffled some feathers, either early on or when they were comfortable with leaving everything. Somewhat regretting not being able to fit him in.

This is the true test for how far Siddle and Hilfy have come. These pitches should provide more help for the batsmen than most did this summer not to mention the WI batsmen look to have some sort of plan.

Users who are viewing this thread