Australia tour of West Indies

Surprised to hear about Stuart MacGill, all the more so as he's leaving mid-series. Looks like Casson should get a game in the third Test.

For the first time in ages, only 2 out of 4 of the Australian bowling lineup is settled in my view.

Surprised to hear about Stuart MacGill, all the more so as he's leaving mid-series. Looks like Casson should get a game in the third Test.

For the first time in ages, only 2 out of 4 of the Australian bowling lineup is settled in my view.

Now we need Warney back :)

I wouldn't mind a draw here. Australia were on their way to a 2-0 lead in the series but now with a draw being a big possibility it gives the WI a chance to regroup and put in a good performance and aim for a draw at the Kensington Oval.

yeah if windies can get a draw here, we will be looking at a good final game.

yeah if windies can get a draw here, we will be looking at a good final game.

Yeah i looks very much like a draw, but then again I will wait till the last ball is bowled today to make a final analysis. As a West Indian I know of a little thing referred too as "been there, done that", deja vu.

WestIndian added 5 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

I honestly believe that age has caught up with Mac, at 37 and not playing consistently, the confidence is not there and for the first time in ages The Aussies are not dominating an opponent and that too I think plays a part in his performance.

With MacGill going, I think the selectors should finally bite the bullet and drop Johnson too. This would get rid of two weak links (no disrespect to MacGill because he's been a top performer in exceptionally hard times).

Suddenly Australia is looking like an amalgam of a State team. Worrying times.

Well not a bad session for us today, short but good and I believed that the rain did help us, at first, but the session shows different, 36 overs 130 runs 1 wicket, not bad at all.
Light offered and was taken, which is good, I saw Shiv looking a bit uncomfortable and even upon leaving there seems to be a slight limp, I pray that a good meal, some treatment and sleep will have both he and Bravo back out to do battle, and for our sake lets hope Mac Gill keep giving him those lollipops delivery to dispatch with disdain for six.

great day for us...looks like bravo and chanderpaul are set to add another30-40 runs to the partnership..which shoould get us out of the jaws of defeat

It's because of Johnson & MacGil that Australia are looking ordinary.

NEXT TEST

Out: Johnson & MacGil
In: Bollinger & Noffke

i doubt Bollinger would be any better, i think Johnson, although not great is the best of the rest.
Will Jacques be dropped wenever Hayden returns? (India tour)

Detroit500; said:
great day for us...looks like bravo and chanderpaul are set to add another30-40 runs to the partnership..which shoould get us out of the jaws of defeat

Unless the Aussies can teleport all of Warne's abilities to Mac Gill over night, I don't see this being anything other than a draw. And we will welcome that.

Im pretty sure Casson will be picked. That will be the only change for the next test.

i doubt Bollinger would be any better, i think Johnson, although not great is the best of the rest.
Will Jacques be dropped wenever Hayden returns? (India tour)

Well it seems there will be a shootout between Katich and Jaques to see who holds their spot. Although for Katich to replace Jaques he will have to do significantly better, cause the selectors don't jump the gun when changing the batting order unforcedly.

Users who are viewing this thread