Australia tour of West Indies

Dare; said:
Good news for the West Indies Smith has been dropped for the 3rd test and Chattergoon has been recalled after missing the 1st 2 tests with a shoulder injury. Gayle has been named as captain and not surprisingly Sulieman Benn is the only spinner selected (bad choice). Also a surprise but a good one in my eyes Kemar Roach made it into the 14 man squad but he probably wont get to play.

The squad is looking good but it will be interesting what they do with Marshall and Chattergoon.

Put it this way with Smith gone, this is already a good start and approach the rest will fall in place, Marshall should play and I think he will, I believe that he did display a good approach to the Aussies blowers and with Smith gone then he should keep his spot.

WestIndian added 2 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

aussie1st; said:
Luckily we have 3 other part timers to pick up the slack should these two fail. Katich needs to bowl more, he grabbed a 6 fer in the tour match.

it is sad that Mac is gone :(, we will miss him darely, Dare. :D

Good news for West Indies, Mitchell Johnson (Sajid Mahmood) will be playing in the 3rd Test following a brain explosion from the selectors and also Beau Casson (Ashley Giles) will be making his debut.

Yeah shame about Johnson but luckyily they picked Casson which covers up their brain explosion picking Johnson ;)

But seriously, give Casson a go. He's one of the top 4 spinners in Australia right now.

Beau Casson's debuting?!

Thank god Brian Lara has retired!

Cause if he wasn't, I'd say another mammoth score of 350+ was on the cards.

Casson the worst player to represent Australia in cricket is the last 40 years, for sure.

Last edited:
Nah, you're wrong. Mitchell Johnson is.

Guys, guys stop the fighting, we are all friends, family even. I have a very good idea that will benefit us all. Sadly Lara is not there to greet the debutant, he was very good at doing this, Gayle is back, but been out for some time so not much expected.
Ok so here is my idea, why not play both Johnson and Casson. What do you think?

Guys, guys stop the fighting, we are all friends, family even. I have a very good idea that will benefit us all. Sadly Lara is not there to greet the debutant, he was very good at doing this, Gayle is back, but been out for some time so not much expected.
Ok so here is my idea, why not play both Johnson and Casson. What do you think?
Er, they are playing them both?

That's the problem?

Instead we should be introducing either Noffke or Bollinger or both and use Katich and Clarke as the prime spinners.

Don't mind giving Casson a go. Johnson on the other hand should have been sacked long ago. Hopefully this is his last chance to show up or ship out.

I think Ponting has backed Johnson too long here.Noffke or Bollinger could add an extra and a different dimension to the squad.

Haddin has been included in the squad, he will play through his injury.

So the only change in Casson in for MacGill

TC Ink added 4 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Is Morton playing for Windies??

Haddin has been included in the squad, he will play through his injury.

So the only change in Casson in for MacGill

TC Ink added 4 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Is Morton playing for Windies??

Its still to be seen, If they play Gayle, Chattergoon, Marshall than Morton will surely be the one left out.

Users who are viewing this thread