Australia vs England ODI Series - 7 matches - Sep 4 to Sep 20

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Looking forward to watching Rashid bowl. I've only seen him bowl in a couple of games. England's batting line-up looks a tad weak though.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Australia are favourites. We've got nowhere near enough batting. Hopes at 7 for Australia is good enough to bat at 5 in our side at the moment. A lower-middle order of Wright, Broad and Rashid just isn't going to be good enough to challenge the best sides in the world. Bin one of the bowlers, Sidebottom or Anderson and bring Trott or Morgan in, with KP coming back in at 3 when he's fit. Really not happy with the XI we've put out.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The order isn't confirmed, Clarke might promote himself to 3. Good to see Paine opening, can't wait to see how he goes in that role. We certainly can take the risk of playing Hopes at 7 when we have Lee, Johnson and Hauritz to follow.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
On the eve on my 1st game for the season, I'm going to spend till' somwhere around 4AM and wake up 3 hours later to arrive at the grounds. Great innit'?

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
WooHoo, Rashid is playing. Our batting looks weak, lets hope we bowl them out cheaply.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I can remember him batting at three a couple of times, it might of been in 20/20 cricket though.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
It's where he bats for Sussex iirc, and he's done it for England 4 times in ODi's, averaging 38 with a strike rate of 86. I'd rather see him there than slogging down the order. If he plays his natural game he could be a very good ODi batsman.

FreddieFan

International Coach
It's where he bats for Sussex iirc, and he's done it for England 4 times in ODi's, averaging 38 with a strike rate of 86. I'd rather see him there than slogging down the order. If he plays his natural game he could be a very good ODi batsman.

I agree. My only worry is looking at out opening partnership. I want Strauss to try and bat through the innings for at least 50 (strike rate of 70-odd) while Bopara tries to get things moving from the other end. The thing is, with this tactic, the number 3 needs to be able to play either role if an early wicket goes down. Prior can certainly play the aggressive one if Bopara goes early but I'm not sure he could replace Strauss' capacity.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Seems to be a common thing, Casson was another baby face.

Not the same cheer for Broad this time round especially compared to the T20.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Looking forward to seeing Lee and Rashid bowl.

Can somebody tell me why Hilfenhaus isn't playing? Is it because he needs a break?

It's because he's ████ at limited overs. Good decision.

would of preferred to see Clarke at 3 Ferguson at 4 and white at 5

I would have preferred to see Ferguson at 3 with Clarke and White tweaked off back to wherever.

Users who are viewing this thread