Australian Open 2006

Who do you want to win the australian open?

• Andy Roddick :)

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Roger Federer (well duh)

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Rafeal Nadal

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Murray

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Lleyton Hewwit

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • David Nalbandian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other please post in thread.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well the men's double's finals were played today, and the Bryan's won (in straight sets). As for your other questions sorry, I'm not sure, maybe someone else knows.

I noticed Hingis name in the doubles when I was looking at what time the men's final was. Hopefully she wins that title :D

Also day of judgement day for Baghdatis.

I don't know who to go for in this Mens Final?Bagdatis,or Federer?In the end,it doesn't matter as i like both of them.................I'd like Federer to be the best ever,but Bagdatis' charisma is undeniable.I think i'll sit on the fence.

Well Baghdatis won't give up, so we're guaranteed an interesting match with Federer's talent and discipline against determination and belief. I think I'll go for Federer even though Baghdatis has come so far from the bottom.

Hingis wins the mixed double and was humble as ever during her speech. I missed the match as I was watching the cricket but switched over for the presentation. Good to see Hingis winning another grand slam.

Hurray !
Another Grand Slam title to an Indian !
Also great that it was Hingis who was his partner !

Federer ends up absolutely cracking Bagdhatis... Bagdhatis was looking on top till mid-second set where he fell apart, losing all composure, and Federer pounced. He never let go after that. 3 Sets to 1.

I thought Federer might lose this, Bagdhatis was all over him. 1 set up and 2-0 in the 2nd set which could have been 3-0. Who knows what could have happened then. But that miss sparked the machine. Now if only Hewitt could control his temper like Federer. :)

I thought Baghdatis had a great chance early on, was play well and broke him 3-4 times but he just couldn't last long enough.

Bagdatis had good spirit and thats what counts.Hopefully Cyprus will wave his military duties so he can keep on improving.Good win to Federer!

Users who are viewing this thread