Australian Open 2006

Who do you want to win the australian open?

• Andy Roddick :)

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Roger Federer (well duh)

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Rafeal Nadal

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Murray

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Lleyton Hewwit

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • David Nalbandian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other please post in thread.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Unlucky for Clijsters to miss out on the final with another injury during the match against Mauresmo. I'm not saying she would have won but it was definitely open. Now a Mauresmo/Justine final. Go Justine I hate Mauresmo!

Baghdadis def Nalbandian and is in the final.

Hope Federer wins, what an awsome match it will be.

Can't believe Nalbandian lost. Don't mind who wins, it's just going to be great to watch.

It'll be great with Federer's brilliance and Bagdhatis's chanting troop... It is a shock Nalbandian lost, what a comeback, but the crowd really is a weapon for getting Baghdatis going.

To comeback from 2-0 shows this Baghdatis has the fighting spirit. Lets see what he does against the master. If only Hingis could have made the finals as we would have a double in some way. Either a Swiss double or a fairytale double.

Well I just remembered something: Federer hasn't made the final yet :p!. He most probably will, but honestly with all the talk, I was thinking like he had already played and won the semi. Btw, Federer may dominate alot but he's definitely not a boring player to watch, he's one of the most inventive in the men's game.

Lol I thought the same thing. Since Sharapova, Hingis, Sami and Hewitt went out I haven't looked at the draw. Federer would be playing today which makes sense as the mens final is Sunday.

Federer is just playing around :D Last 2 sets he killed Kiefer. Looks like another Federer open coming up.

Amelie Muresmo wins first Grand Slam. Thats her third match where she won when her opponent retired injured.........it must have taken away from the win.

Yeah naturally it would, but still she was up one set and 2-0 in the second, so it was convincing until that point anyway. She ascends to number 2 in the world now.

Its a pity that Justine played injuried as she was favourite to take the title. Amelie however was in top form this tournament and fully deserved the title. As I said earlier picking the women's winner was going to be a tough one.

Hey Guys,
when are the Mixed Doubles and the Mens` Doubles Finals going to be played ?

Is the Mixed Dounles finals scheduled for today or tomorrow !
We have 2 Indians in the finals in those events !

Bhupati will partner Martina Hingis in the Mixed Doubles Finals
Leander Paes will go into the Doubls Finals with Martyn Damm as underdogs against the Bryan brthers .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread