Australian Open 2006

Who do you want to win the australian open?

• Andy Roddick :)

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Roger Federer (well duh)

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Rafeal Nadal

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Murray

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Lleyton Hewwit

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • David Nalbandian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other please post in thread.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The 5th set with the score at 6-5 to Keiffer the weridest thing happened. Kieffer threw his racket up but Grosjean was still trying to hit the ball. Grosjean missed but the umpire said there was no hidderance. Grosjean was up 40-30 and the score went to deuce. But justice was done in the end. Now its 6-6 and this match is fast approaching the longest match ever.

Also its keeping Hingis from getting onto the court :(

Yea that was pretty strange, it probably didn't hinder him but it didn't exactly look as though Kieffer did it accidentally. I don't know end the result of the match, I didn't see the finish.

Mauresmo starts well in her match, taking the first set 6-3.

Kieffer won through 8-6 in the 5th. Both looked tired it will be a test to see how Kieffer pulls up.

Whoa awesome effort from both players. Good performance from Kieffer to come back from that 2nd set slump. He could give a worthy challenge for the open. Grosjean would feel disappointed after losing such a hard fought match, as would Kieffer if he had lost. Does anyone know the final time of the match? I know it was atleast around 4 and a half hrs.

The dream is over for Hingis although I must say she fought back really well when I left the coverage. She managed to actually come back from 2-0 down in the 2nd set to win it. But from what I saw Hingis was just too slow for the power shots of Kim. All Kim had to do was hit it in the corner and Hingis was a no show. Sadly I can't see Hingis winning another grand slam.

I'm pushing for Shaza to win it now Hingis has gone along with Davenport. Federer should win it in the mens section :)

Disappointing but still a good performance from Hingis to come back like that after years out of the game. Despite her not having that power, I still think she has it to develop her game and seriously compete soon enough, she is only 25.
I don't know if Sharapova will have it so comfortably. There's still Henin-Hardenne, Mauresmo and Clijsters in this draw.

Hingis gone now means i'm happy! That will teach her for ruining Australia's chances!
Going for Clijsters and Federer now.

Federer being pushed again! Granted he's not at his best but the point is he look's vulnerable! As I write this Federer is broken and Davydenko serving to go 2-1 up.

I saw the match between Sharapova and Petrova. Awful example of bad tennis from both sides. Petrova could have easily beaten Sharapova if she didn't have that many double faults. If Sharapova plays like this in the semi-final she'll be gone.

Federer really escaped. He had a tough time against Haas and now Davidenko.

Federer is just making the men's draw look more even ;) We all know hes going to take the title.

Sharapova on the other hand is just playing plain bad tennis. But a class player like her is always going to be a threat in the semis.

Sharapova takes the first set 6-4, yet struggling with the variety of Hardenne to be trailing 4-1 in the second.

Damn, Sharapova loses 2 sets to 1. Scores were: 6-4, 6-1, 6-5. She seemed to lose composure after the first set, and was never really at her best.

She made a good fightback in the last set where the game looked lost for her. Serve like the whole open wasn't that good. Don't know how Justine does it but this is the 2nd match she came from 1 set down to win it.

Users who are viewing this thread