Australian Open 2006

Who do you want to win the australian open?

• Andy Roddick :)

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Roger Federer (well duh)

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Rafeal Nadal

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Murray

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Lleyton Hewwit

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • David Nalbandian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other please post in thread.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Martina came back in style with a convincing win over her Russian opponent. Hingis was great to watch in every aspect. The Russian 30th seed however played like a player that came back from retirement after 3 years not the other way around. All see ever did was complain throw the racket 3 times and did Gangulys all over the place.

Hewitt was extremely lucky to make it past the 1st round. Serve looked shakey and he wasn't confident in his shot selection. Took him 5 sets to win after being 2-1 down and a few match points at in the 4th set. If he plays like this he definitely won't win the title.

The other Australians left are little known Nathan Healey, Peter Luczak and Samantha Stosur.
The Scud was useless as his rankings suggested, he wasted his advantage of the big serve and throughout the match he kept asking where his racket was after he sent it in for repairs early in the 1st set.

Daniela Hantuchova defeated Serena Williams in 2 sets and Lindsay Davenport survived Maria Kirilenko in 3 sets.

I remember this because Hantuchova and Kirilenko are cute.

Hantuchova is very similar to Sharapova including the Nike sponsor :D Hingis is down in the 3rd stage and Hewitt is gone already.

Hantuchova meets now Maria Sharapova.

I think Federer will the Men's tournament.

Federer will win the men`s singles and I think we`ll see Davenport winning the laides singles if she does not throw it away.

Sania is out in the 2nd round losing to Michela Kraejack .

Indian hopes are not over though and for some excitement for Indian fans .
Paes could run into Bhupathi in the next round .

Well now Hingis is actually a decent chance in the tournament even though there's been alot of talk about the power in women's tennis, particularly in serve speed etc. But her three victories have been convincing enough to seriously compete. I'm supporting her as an outside chance of winning.

She hasn't faced the power hitters yet, that will be the big test. Picking the winner of the Women's single is extremely hard. Sharapova looks great (with her tennis and looks :D), Hingis as mentioned has looked great through her victories, Davenport always a chance but she hasn't been as convincing, Hantuchova looks to have finally reached her potential.

Hinigs next match could be against an Aussie so I in a tough spot but its a win/win as I support both.

Anyone else glad that Hewitt lost? I mean he blames his loss because of slow court surface. Why can't he just admit that he lost fair and square. Hope Roddick wins the mens tie of the Aus open and Hantuchova or Sharapova to win the womens :p But I expect Sharapova to beat Hantuchova.

aussie1st said:
She hasn't faced the power hitters yet, that will be the big test. Picking the winner of the Women's single is extremely hard. Sharapova looks great (with her tennis and looks :D), Hingis as mentioned has looked great through her victories, Davenport always a chance but she hasn't been as convincing, Hantuchova looks to have finally reached her potential.

Hinigs next match could be against an Aussie so I in a tough spot but its a win/win as I support both.

Hingis is pretty much guaranteed a quarterfinal spot. Sorry to say but Stosur is going to get smashed in the 4th round. She didn't look convincing at all.

kodos said:
Anyone else glad that Hewitt lost? I mean he blames his loss because of slow court surface. Why can't he just admit that he lost fair and square. Hope Roddick wins the mens tie of the Aus open and Hantuchova or Sharapova to win the womens :p But I expect Sharapova to beat Hantuchova.

To be fair, he was complaining about the surface before the tournament started.

Ya, I forgot to mention that Hingis actually has an outside chance of reaching the final and even winning it .

ATM, women`s tennis looks more competitive than the men`s game !

Sharapova v Hantuchova could be a spectators delight, isn`t it ?

jdbais said:
Not if your gay :p
Or if youd like to watch woman who actully have tits.....

Hingis is playing very well, she could go far.

And no-one wil stop Federer.....

Well at least Stosur made it that far unlike all the rest. Everyone can have their off days but I haven't see her play the earlier rounds so I can't comment. Hingis should win easily though as she looks like she never left.

Users who are viewing this thread