Australian Open 2006

Who do you want to win the australian open?

• Andy Roddick :)

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Roger Federer (well duh)

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Rafeal Nadal

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Murray

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Lleyton Hewwit

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • David Nalbandian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other please post in thread.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
aussie1st said:
She hasn't faced the power hitters yet, that will be the big test. Picking the winner of the Women's single is extremely hard. Sharapova looks great (with her tennis and looks :D), Hingis as mentioned has looked great through her victories, Davenport always a chance but she hasn't been as convincing, Hantuchova looks to have finally reached her potential.

Hinigs next match could be against an Aussie so I in a tough spot but its a win/win as I support both.

That's true, its very hard to pick the women's winner, who knows Davenport might find some touch and run through them all as we haven't seen the best of her yet. Sharapova's through to final 16 but it's opened up a bit more now so it'll be interesting.

Last edited:
The Sharapova match will be very good to watch :D

The mens draw just got even more given to Federer after 2nd seed Roddick was eliminated in the 4th round. So its up to Hingis to make it a Swiss double although I think the Swiss has one other womens player.

Can't believe Roddick's exit, but the crowd was behind Bagdhatis which really inspired his performance I guess. Federer now huge favourite. Hopefully Johannson wins, could be a threat ;)

Mauresmo only made 2 errors on her way to the quarters. She is another that could challenge for the Open. Men's draw well its really boring now. No Aussies, most of the draw card men are gone with only Federer left.

Maybe if there wasn't the injuries of Agassi, Safin and a few others the men's would have been alot more interesting.

What a game Federer and Haas served up! Really thought when it was 2-2 Haas might just go on and do it, but as ever Federer was able to step up yet another gear. Good to see Tommy back, adding to the number of world class player's in the world there are already.

Great match and a real scare for Federer. Haas was brilliant in his determination, but Federer still seemed to do it so genuinely and lazily, even when in trouble, almost like a Mark Waugh of tennis.
Great win for Hingis, another straight sets!

That was the last real test for Federer. The title is basically his.
Hingis 2nd set was wayward. Service game was all over the place and Sammy power game got the better of Hingis. But Sammy couldn't serve either. Hingis next game is her big test.

.::Stevo::. said:
Or if youd like to watch woman who actully have tits.....

Hingis is playing very well, she could go far.

And no-one wil stop Federer.....
The only chance of Federrer not winning the Aussie open this year is if he gets injured
!Tommy Haas ws superb, good to see Federer tested .
Haas had actually beaten Fed in a tournament leading to the Aus open.

And Stevo, do u think Sharapova and Hantuchova do not have tits ?
You should have seen them from very close corners and inside-out to know that !

Also, anyone heard Baghdatis` comeents after the game !
He was asked whether he would be watching his potential quarterfinal opponent in the match that night He replied ` My coach will be watching and I`ll be in bed with my girlfriend`!
Her girlfriend was in the crowd blushing !

Last edited:
Funny. Anyway Hingis will be tested against Clijsters, neither were at their peak yesterday, but Clijsters has a very powerful forehand and an all round strong game. Could be a Swiss double...

Well Clijsters is playing injuried so you can't expect her to be at her peak this open. But she is still playing great tennis.

Great win for Sharapova against her fellow Russian. She was made to work hard for the win, both girls serves were shakey but all can be fixed for Sharapova.

Henin-Hardenne beats Davenport in a three set match. Davenport has shown glimpses of form, but really has been out of her depth this tournament. I think she might have been carrying a minor injury though. Nevertheless good win for Henin-Hardenne. Baghdatis is playing Ljubicic currently. ( Off topic: I can't beleive Baghdatis is only 20! I assumed he was alot older)

aditya123 said:
And Stevo, do u think Sharapova and Hantuchova do not have tits ?
You should have seen them from very close corners and inside-out to know that !

You just need to look at them to relise that there breasts could be mistaken for two pimples.

Davenport did win the first set so she definitely had a chance to take the game.
Henin-Hardenne would now be the favourite but as has been said the women's side of things is very open. Anyone could win it.

Today is Hingis big test, I hope she gets though.

Baghdatis could well challenge Federer the way this tournament is going for him.

A long match still in progress between Kieffer and Grosjean. It's currently 2 sets all, and 4-4 in the 5th set.

Users who are viewing this thread