Australia's Tour of India - 7 ODI's

If you had read my entire post, I put a joke disclaimer at the bottom. Even then you jumped all over it! Relax man, otherwise others will just wind you up even more if you make it this easy.

lol....talk about jumping all over !! my "attica" post was referring to the UV comments being banned by sohum ! :p

But there were hardly any (if any at all) posts about UV...

Well, I didnt expect India to win this easily in the end. Didnt sleep the whole night and so by the time India started batting, couldnt take it anymore and crashed into my bed. Yuvi, the king:p:laugh, played a gem of a knock on a sluggish and hard track (a track that is so un-Yuvi'ish). MSD continues his tremendous form. He seems to be hitting a purple patch now (34, 124, 71). I missed the Yuvi-Dhoni partnership, which is one of the best ever ODI partnerships India have had. Personally, am very happy with the win because we have showed improvements in all areas (including our fielding which had been far far better today than before).

We need to keep the momentum up for the next game. However, I pray that we dont see pitches like the Kotla anymore. Destroy this ground and build a new one guys. It looks so ugly and bad.

P.s: Looks like I missed a lot of the 'banter fun'. When Yuvi does well, these threads become so friggin' alive. HE'S A STAR, A SUPERSTAR!

P.s: Looks like I missed a lot of the 'banter fun'. When Yuvi does well, these threads become so friggin' alive. HE'S A STAR, A SUPERSTAR!

Banter was not because of Yuvi. It was because of Avroneel.

I liked Ricky opening and I'm been a fan of the idea for a while now. I think Ricky opening with M.Clarke or Watson at #3 would be better for Australia in future. I just think when Ricky bats at #3 he feels the need to come out and stamp his authority. Sometimes it works, other times...not so much. If he's opening, there's less pressure to explode straight away and the bowlers won't be into their spells yet. That's why it seems to me he does better when a very early wicket falls, turning him basically into an opener and he plays with a bit more caution up front.

As much as he wishes he was. All Indian cricketers secretly wish they were English or Australian so they could play in the Ashes.

LOL, the Australian media and cricket board don't think so. They've admitted India vs Australia games, test or not, is of more value/money to them than Ashes and want to do more of :rtfl

Gotta admit though Ashes is cute little cricket rivalry with good history.

I liked Ricky opening and I'm been a fan of the idea for a while now. I think Ricky opening with M.Clarke or Watson at #3 would be better for Australia in future. I just think when Ricky bats at #3 he feels the need to come out and stamp his authority. Sometimes it works, other times...not so much. If he's opening, there's less pressure to explode straight away and the bowlers won't be into their spells yet. That's why it seems to me he does better when a very early wicket falls, turning him basically into an opener and he plays with a bit more caution up front.

This A destructive missing link - PlanetCricket Forums sums up my feelings in regards to our openers.

Interesting you mention Ponting as opener, for me he is the ideal number 3 who can play defensively when required but also can step it up when needed. The destructive opener probably wouldn't have made much difference this match although, Warner did produce this knock on this ground 1st semi-final: New South Wales v Victoria at Delhi, Oct 21, 2009 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com

Our bowlers did an alright job, Bollinger was excellent and Henriques was solid early on. But we are lacking the part time spinning options than India have and the batters to score quickly against them. Although I don't think the extra spinner would have done much difference given the amount of dew that was appearing on the ball in the 2nd innings.

You ask any Aussie here. What would they much rather win. The Ashes or vs India. I can guarantee, nearly all of them will say the Ashes.

LOL, the Australian media and cricket board don't think so. They've admitted India vs Australia games, test or not, is of more value/money to them than Ashes and want to do more of :rtfl

Thanks mate, I needed a ripping good laugh.

Hmarka added 1 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

You ask any Aussie here. What would they much rather win. The Ashes or vs India. I can guarantee, nearly all of them will say the Ashes.

The only "aussie" who would rather watch Australia vs India than the ashes is probably WorldChampions

Milk is the power of Sehwag's energy and also of Mahi's energy :p

:)

Boost is the secret of Sachin's energy :p

Params7 added 8 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Thanks mate, I needed a ripping good laugh.

Hey just returning the favor. But I was reporting facts though not operating a college clown show. Check the recent article about ACB wanting to do more bilateral series with India, check the reasoning they gave for it and ratings vs Ashes :p I hope BCCI don't give into it because one every year would just spoil the intensity we have now.

The only "aussie" who would rather watch Australia vs India than the ashes is probably WorldChampions

More so probably after this series, because at least that Aussie thinks they have a chance to win :laugh

Yeah that was a joke, but seriously, I like the Ashes, don't watch much of it, infact besides Aussies and English I don't think many people tune into this on TV (and even in Australia and England it probably doesn't do that good considering cricket isn't even the 1st Sport in both these countries?), but like I said its good to another rivalry in the cricket world, and I hope 10 years from now it still manages full houses.

Last edited:
@Params Lets see how many people turn up to watch Test matches between India and Australia, and compare it to the "little rivalry in the cricket world" we call the Ashes.

Give me a break, I know you are a stubborn and staunchly subjective India supporter, but to compare the Ashes to another over scheduled 7 game ODI series is ludicrous.

Before Highlander and Hmarka generalise, as they love to do, that is not how every Indian supporter feels.

@Params Lets see how many people turn up to watch Test matches between India and Australia, and compare it to the "little rivalry in the cricket world" we call the Ashes.

Give me a break, I know you are a stubborn and staunchly subjective India supporter, but to compare the Ashes to another over scheduled 7 game ODI series is ludicrous.

Woah apologies if I hurt your feelings there Barmy army. I'm not comparing Ashes to this ODI series, as a cricket fan I know how legendary Ashes is, in some ways even more than the World Cup because it carries the old traditions of cricket. But I don't think its the center of the cricket world right now and no Indian wishes he could be Australian/English just to take part in the Ashes. Now lets just enjoy our cricket eh?

Only thing missing for India (from the current team) so far is Harbhajan's form. If he also comes back to form, we would be in stellar shape. Accept it or not, Harbhajan's good form is so vital for India because he is such an experienced bowler who can not only dismantle opposition but he can lift India like not many others. Ishant is back, Nehra is bowling well, Praveen is proving to be decent option, Jadeja is turning out to be a surprise, our batting is back at its best with the comebacks of Yuvraj, Sehwag and the form of Dhoni. Our fielding showed signs of improving in the 3rd ODI (Delhi). I still feel we will need a fielding and bowling coach replacements. This time, we need to have really good replacements. Because at some point of time, Kirsten with his aid Upton will find it hard to manage.

Users who are viewing this thread