Australia's Tour of India - 7 ODI's

You ask any Aussie here. What would they much rather win. The Ashes or vs India. I can guarantee, nearly all of them will say the Ashes.
It's because almost all the Ashes series are one sided series where as anyone can win in India-Australia series. So Aussies will definitely prefer Ashes as they know at least they have chances to win that series.

Phil Hughes not playing is a disgrace. Australian Selectors fail- +1, Total= 1234091412412

TBH I don't think Marsh would add that much to the side.

Surely, He is not going to change the game on his own, but his inclusion could have given Australia better combination. If Marsh played you would have 4 bowlers and Watson, White and Voges to bowl in the remaining 10 overs. Now without Marsh, not only batting looked like so weak but also Australia risked Ponting at the top of the innings. Henriques still looks ordinary to me. And surely Marsh would add something more than him as far batting is concerned.

Cam White is waste of space in Aussie line up. I still don't find him of Aussie standards. If he is not bowling then it is better to have Marsh in side as he will definitely feel better about India than White because of success he has had in his batting stints here.

White just has nightmares to remember from India till now.

Just saw in the news,that Sehwag and Gambhir doubtful for tomorrow`s match. That will be a huge blow for us. Dinesh Karthik has come in as a standby replacement. :facepalm

Well what did I miss?:p

We have now an Injured XI already from both teams combined and that speaks for how much the International players have become prone to such stuff owing to their cramped schedule.

I hate these 7 match series. 5 matches would have been much sweeter.

It's because almost all the Ashes series are one sided series where as anyone can win in India-Australia series. So Aussies will definitely prefer Ashes as they know at least they have chances to win that series.

They have a chance of winning against India to ;)

Howsie added 1 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Phil Hughes not playing is a disgrace. Australian Selectors fail- +1, Total= 1234091412412

Disagree. Hughes is only going to be as good as Watson, Marsh etc when trying to get Australia of to a quick start.

80987.jpg

Love the last pic :rtfl

Punter making Excuses?

Temme something new ;)

Don't be ridiculous now.

It's not like any of those players are as important as Callum Ferguson or Tim Paine.

Owned man. Absolutely OWNED :laugh !

I think he was noting the financial value of this series to Cricket Australia compared to The Ashes. And he's right, unfortunately. A bilateral ODI series with India probably brings in more money from TV revenues in India than the Ashes worldwide. This has nothing to do with the tradition aspect of the puzzle, but cold hard economics. Any moral-agnostic cricket board would happily arrange monstrously long series' with India to get a slice of pie from the BCCI.

That said, the India-Australia series are turning into quite the hatefest. Wouldn't be surprised to see a squabble in the stands next time we're playing them in a Test series (when is that going to be, anyway?).

Agreed. India-Australia is financially the biggest series in the world, apart from, ofcourse the "domestic" IPL & CLT20 tournaments. I have watched the complete Ashes series of 05 and 09 and it was great. But when it comes to intensity, I think even the Australians will agree that a series against India tests their team no ends. And so does an India-Pakistan match. Ashes is relevant only in England & Australia. The world watches an India-Pakistan match and keenly follows an India-Australia series. Its a clash amongst equals and everyone likes those "If we win we are the World Champs" kinda series :).

As for the crowds, the ones in Australia are pretty rowdy and our fans are pretty much returning the favor to their players. So they shouldn't be complaining about our crowds. They should look at theirs, first :sarcasm !

AWW dohIN' YEAH. CLINT MCKAY BABY.

Hopes to return home, McKay replaces Lee | Cricket News | India v Australia 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com

Problem is, Victoria are bowling against South Australia...just let him have one more day. :p

Where the heck is Ashley Noffke? And why is he not getting to play much at the Int. level of late?

Users who are viewing this thread