Australia's Tour of India - 7 ODI's

Before Highlander and Hmarka generalise, as they love to do, that is not how every Indian supporter feels.

Before Shravi starts to throw his toys out the pram as he loves to do...:sarcasm Give us a break pal, how many times do we have to say we know it's not every Indian supporter!

Well on the bright side, Dhoni is due a failure now. I'd feel a lot better with someone like Haddin in the middle order.

Before Shravi starts to throw his toys out the pram as he loves to do...:sarcasm Give us a break pal, how many times do we have to say we know it's not every Indian supporter!

Give up mate, you're too transparent.

Dude, just a few pages back you admitted to generalizing, telling me it was the harsh truth of life or something like that. You're bringing it upon yourself. I'm going off what you said.

Anyways, I'd like to end this here. Nothing ever ends well between us...

Well on the bright side, Dhoni is due a failure now. I'd feel a lot better with someone like Haddin in the middle order.

Sehwag and Sachin havent played their best inning yet in this series. So its even out. :D

Thanks to Yuvi and Dhoni, now India leady by 2-1, Tendulkar's run-out was unfortunate,he was looking good....It was really surprising to see Sehwag he faced 25 balls and scored just 11 runs, very very unusual

Our bowlers did an alright job, Bollinger was excellent and Henriques was solid early on. But we are lacking the part time spinning options than India have and the batters to score quickly against them. Although I don't think the extra spinner would have done much difference given the amount of dew that was appearing on the ball in the 2nd innings.
Or maybe medium pace cutters would have been better. What was very good about India was that Dhoni didn't have to use 20 overs of pace. He didn't really get anything bad from his pace trio, but he wasn't forced to push his luck with anyone. The selected lineup suggested a strategy of 30 overs of pace, but they changed it on the fly effortlessly to more than 30 overs of spin. Ponting was much more restricted by his bowlers, although some of his pacemen probably did better. With Henriques, you feel something was always going to happen, but unless the wickets came early, his overs were going to be costly.

The funny thing is that only six players batted for either team; Australia definitely could have had an extra bowler.

But Sachin's due a big one, and that can hurt far more.:p

Or maybe medium pace cutters would have been better. What was very good about India was that Dhoni didn't have to use 20 overs of pace. He didn't really get anything bad from his pace trio, but he wasn't forced to push his luck with anyone. The selected lineup suggested a strategy of 30 overs of pace, but they changed it on the fly effortlessly to more than 30 overs of spin. Ponting was much more restricted by his bowlers, although some of his pacemen probably did better. With Henriques, you feel something was always going to happen, but unless the wickets came early, his overs were going to be costly.

The funny thing is that only six players batted for either team; Australia definitely could have had an extra bowler.

Advocating for McDonald? We definitely miss the handy part timers that India have and allows them a number of options. Don't know what happened to White, he really needs to get back into bowling.

@Params Lets see how many people turn up to watch Test matches between India and Australia, and compare it to the "little rivalry in the cricket world" we call the Ashes.

Give me a break, I know you are a stubborn and staunchly subjective India supporter, but to compare the Ashes to another over scheduled 7 game ODI series is ludicrous.
I think he was noting the financial value of this series to Cricket Australia compared to The Ashes. And he's right, unfortunately. A bilateral ODI series with India probably brings in more money from TV revenues in India than the Ashes worldwide. This has nothing to do with the tradition aspect of the puzzle, but cold hard economics. Any moral-agnostic cricket board would happily arrange monstrously long series' with India to get a slice of pie from the BCCI.

That said, the India-Australia series are turning into quite the hatefest. Wouldn't be surprised to see a squabble in the stands next time we're playing them in a Test series (when is that going to be, anyway?).

You ask any Aussie here. What would they much rather win. The Ashes or vs India. I can guarantee, nearly all of them will say the Ashes.

Why don't you guys built your old separate forum and go on kissing your ashes there? we know the rivarly is really worth the watch. but it's not needed here. this is "Oz India thread"

i even know the fact why you are posting all this, to get some of us pissed of and use some terms which wil end us a ban. hey, but remember what happened some time back, tom?

Before the Ashes ? :D

Our bowlers didnt lose that game it was our lack of batsmen.
Between overs 20-40 they scored stuff all and couldnt try to take risks even if they wanted to as we had no real batsmen left only hit an miss sloggers.

Our batting lineup only has 2 batsmen with ability to make big scores ponting an hussey if they fail we will lose.
As all the others can only be counted on to make 30ish scores.

Look at Indias batting lineup an theres 4 with the ability to make big scores.

Stupid Selectors put some batsmen in the team now

Australia planning was the fault in this game. Ponting and co settled for a score of 200-220 and whereabouts and they were expecting the ball to do its dirty things any moment. They had it in mind that this pitch would be really bad for strokeplay and gave it too much respect. In the end, the pitch didnt turn out too bad (India won with 10 balls to spare).

Since Australia have seen how slow bowlers bowled in first innings, White deserved one over at least. I am so surprised that Watson and White did not ball. I am also not convince how Australia finished their innings. Extra 20 or 25 runs could have been crucial. I still believe that 230 would have been quite safe to defend on this pitch other day. But you have to give some credit to Yuvi and Dhoni.
As I said before the match, Marsh must play in opening slot. Bollinger was awesome. Siddle tried very hard. So overall just an exceptional batting performance. Out of 10 times, you can't get that 230 runs on this pitch seven or eight occasions. So well played, India.

Users who are viewing this thread