Australia's Tour of India - 7 ODI's

What happened to Zak? Has he not recovered yet?

He was expected to be back only by the end of the year. He is starting his comeback by playing for West Zone in a T20 league

Last edited:
This squad looks promising. Especially the batting. I hope we can better the scoreline of 2007 when in 4-2 to the Australians and I am pretty confident of us doing that, because two major players that time were Hayden and Symonds, who aren't here now. Also Uthappa was struggling in that series and I think Raina can do a better job than he did.

It's all good. :)

This will in most probability be 95% of our World Cup squad. Zaheer Khan's comeback and a few changes here and there based on form and fitness should complete it. Piyush Chawla will be a strong possibility for a comeback soon because he is doing very well in county circuit both with ball and bat. Ojha might fall out of favor and Chawla might become the third spinner. Sometime or the other, we might have to bring back Irfan whose batting will be crucial.

We don't really need an allrounder. 7 batsmen, 4 bowlers and Yuvraj Singh bowling a few overs in between is fine.

We don't really need an allrounder. 7 batsmen, 4 bowlers and Yuvraj Singh bowling a few overs in between is fine.

Maybe. But it wont be a bad option to have backup in case we need it. A bad day for two of our frontline bowlers will place all the load on our part timers like Viru and Yuvi. And if they are absent due to injury, we felt the need for an allrounder even more.

Wonderful decision to sack Venkatesh Prasad and Robin Singh. Unexpected, but a great one. Both of them, especially Robin Singh, havent done anything of note with our team for a long time now. Hope we can get a good bowling and fielding coach sometime later.

saisrini80 added 0 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

Thank god, bowling and fielding coaches are shown the door. Better have no coaches then average coaches..........

You beat me to posting about it....:noway

So pissed off about Dravid being dropped. Such tweaking bullshit.

Bhajji
Ojha
Nehra
Tyagi

That will be my 4 bowlers with Yuvi, Viru and Raina bowling 5th bowler and Nehra's quota.

So pissed off about Dravid being dropped. Such fliping bullshit.

Same. But TBH, it has to be done sooner or later. He was never going to be a long term solution to our middle order problems. A series like this one is perfect for grooming the likes of Virat Kohli into batsmen who can bat confidently in the middle order.

Bhajji
Ojha
Nehra
Tyagi

That will be my 4 bowlers with Yuvi, Viru and Raina bowling 5th bowler and Nehra's quota.

Where is Ojha? Its Mishra who has been picked.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

So pissed off about Dravid being dropped. Such fliping bullshit.

It had to happen. Dravid was a stop gap measure and was only used for tough conditions (though thats a great compliment to him and his skills that he is needed in tougher conditions). With the World Cup to be played in India, SL and Bangladesh, we need to groom the younger players more who can hit the ball hard and long. Had Kohli not played that innings of 79 against WI on a tough Wanderers pitch, Dravid would have stayed here.

I know Ojha is not there but should have been. :facepalm

I know Ojha is not there but should have been. :facepalm

He he... If that list was "should have been", why do you add Nehra in when Viru, Yuvi and Raina would bowl Nehra's quota of overs? Nehra is not a great for others to cover up for him on bad days.

Users who are viewing this thread