Australia's Tour of India - 7 ODI's

Dravid would have felt disappointed for being dropped inspite of being the only decent batsman in the team after his comeback.Why have they brought Jadeja again now? For that 80 runs he scored? I would have better had Dravid in his place.I'm happy with Tyagi's selection though.Oh so they are still sticking with Ishant and are going to pick him till he is down to shreds?

No Dravid in the 1st 2 ODI!

India to lose both, then for the next 3 games Dravid will be brought in.

Simply BCCI :facepalm

He he... If that list was "should have been", why do you add Nehra in when Viru, Yuvi and Raina would bowl Nehra's quota of overs? Nehra is not a great for others to cover up for him on bad days.

Well we need someone to get shine off the bowl and Nehra is only one available right now.

I won't mind seeing King Agarkar back.

Everyone keep forgetting Sehwag's bowling capabilities.That guy is damn good offspinner,much better than Yuvraj "Mr.Showoff" Singh.

Everyone keep forgetting Sehwag's bowling capabilities.That guy is damn good offspinner,much better than Yuvraj "Mr.Showoff" Singh.

Yuvraj has been far better as an ODI bowler in recent times. He gets more bowling to do these days and justifies Dhoni's decision to bowl him. Yuvi is more of a stifler, and Viru leaks more runs but takes wickets.

Ishant kept in the team (who wants to bet he has a gay lover which is either Dhoni or someone in the selections committee?), Dravid dropped, I'm cheering for the Kangaroos. :D

Ishant kept in the team (who wants to bet he has a gay lover which is either Dhoni or someone in the selections committee?), Dravid dropped, I'm cheering for the Kangaroos. :D

So you sure that there arent any gays in the opposition?:sarcasm:p

Same. But TBH, it has to be done sooner or later. He was never going to be a long term solution to our middle order problems. A series like this one is perfect for grooming the likes of Virat Kohli into batsmen who can bat confidently in the middle order.

So what is Dravid doing? Batting without confidence :sarcasm? He can do with the bat what any of these youngsters can do, 100 times better. It's a disgrace to someone of Dravid's caliber to just be dropped like that. Shouldn't have picked him in the first place then.

So what is Dravid doing? Batting without confidence :sarcasm? He can do with the bat what any of these youngsters can do, 100 times better. It's a disgrace to someone of Dravid's caliber to just be dropped like that. Shouldn't have picked him in the first place then.

I understand that because we come from a mindset where we give a lot of importance to prestige and other things. But a 'horses for courses' policy can work well for the team. Use Dravid for tough conditions if needed (in case of injury/loss of form), and then have the younger players take it up on easier pitches to ease them onto the squad for the future. I feel bad for Dravid, but its not a tragedy that he is dropped.

I understand that because we come from a mindset where we give a lot of importance to prestige and other things. But a 'horses for courses' policy can work well for the team. Use Dravid for tough conditions if needed (in case of injury/loss of form), and then have the younger players take it up on easier pitches to ease them onto the squad for the future. I feel bad for Dravid, but its not a tragedy that he is dropped.

He's a legend. He's not a "horse". Either drop him forever or use him until he retires or loses form. He's done nothing to deserve this. He's far too good to be a stop-gap player. They already made the mistake of dropping him a few years back. Now they're just backtracking and admitting they made a mistake and are making it again.

Yeah I agree with Shravi. The man has been in form recently, the least they could have done is made this a farewell ODI series for him. Rahul Dravid, is probably the 2nd greatest batsment to have come out of India after SRT (or maybe behind Gavaskar too but definitely in the top 3 best to have ever come out of India), this is no way to treat a living, fit and in-form legend.

Wish we brought McDonald over now, he has gone very well in the Champions League and theoretically he should be ideally suited to the shorter forms with accurate bowling.

Look Dravid is very good batsman and very good person.

But first he will run a opener out and then get himself run out. That are two cheap wickets to Aussies.

And I am glad McDonald is not coming to India. :banana2

Look Dravid is very good batsman and very good person.

But first he will run a opener out and then get himself run out. That are two cheap wickets to Aussies.

And I am glad McDonald is not coming to India. :banana2

Just saved lots of Indian children from having nightmares of the ghoulishly pale ginger clown

Wish we brought McDonald over now, he has gone very well in the Champions League and theoretically he should be ideally suited to the shorter forms with accurate bowling.

McDonald's style of bowling defiently suits the shorter format. He's a holding kind of bowler who bowls line and length, kind of like Hopes.

Users who are viewing this thread