Australia's Tour of India - 7 ODI's

Agree and I would say hes more accurate than Hopes. You don't manage an economy of under 2 in Test bowling medium pace without being accurate. Hes probably more solid with the bat as well, at times Hopes plays that rash shot and gets out.

He looks like Syl's mystery man who comes in dreams. :spy

Andrew_Mcdonald_300.jpg

Yes...James Hopes has had enough chances.
Time for Ronnie McDonald to prove his worth...
He's one of those underrated players in Australia..

Also,i thought Holland was fantastic yesterday...
I really like the way this new Aussie team is shaping up.

Yea, Mcdonald is underrated......

If Hopes fail in this series, he might be given a chance.......

Also hard to believe, is that he's only in his late twenties.

Last edited:
Holland will eat Yuvi in every game. ;)

Hopes is not bad. He has done nothing wrong to go out.

Hopes will always be in the squad, if he stays in the starting 11 is another question. But with Ferguson out he'll have a free run as number 7.

talking abt hopes I think he is one player in this aussie team who actually dont deserve to be there.. What has he done?? whats his highest score?? when has he played a match winning innings??? Sometimes iam left to wonder if there is any influence system in aussie team selection???

braguvaran added 2 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

when are the aussie team landing here??? today? any pics?

flip YES !! flipING fantastic work by the selectors.

dravid dropped. :happy:happy

virat kohli, sudeep tyagi, ravindra jadeja, ashish nehra etc !! :clap:hpraise:hpraise

WOW !! the aussies are gonna ████ their pants when they face these players :banana2:banana2.

flip YES !! flipING fantastic work by the selectors.

dravid dropped. :happy:happy

virat kohli, sudeep tyagi, ravindra jadeja, ashish nehra etc !! :clap:hpraise:hpraise

WOW !! the aussies are gonna ████ their pants when they face these players :banana2:banana2.

I take it that you are being sarcastic? I think that the squad is quite strong. There has been a movement in order to preserve youth within the side. Dravid was brought in with the abscense of the experienced Sehwag and Tendulkar to prop up the team to a reasonable standard. He will remain available if there is another injury crisis, but until then, his place in the side is no longer justified, especially since we are building toward the next World Cup.

Something along the lines of...

1. Virender Sehwag
2. Sachin Tendulkar
3. Gautam Gambhir
4. Suresh Raina
5. Yuvraj Singh
6. MS Dhoni
7. Virat Kohli
8. Harbhajan Singh
9. Amit Mishra
10. Praveen Kumar
11. Ashish Nehra

...looks quite strong to me. Dravid may be a better batsman than Kohli, at the moment, but we are concentrating on building toward the future and an ethos of youth and exuberance under Dhoni. Kohli's recent fielding in the CLT20 may have been terrible, but he is generally a good fielder, something we need all the help in that we can get.

Kohli fielded badly in the Champions trophy too. The thing is, his basic foundation as a fielder is strong, but his technique while fielding is awful. He seriously needs a fielding coach to sort his technique out. He is very athletic, willing to dive around. BUt he doesnt properly collect the ball and shows off too much in his quest to look like a brilliant fielder (something Yuvraj used to do often).

The current team looks quite strong to me too, except for the absence of Zaheer Khan. Dravid Dravid, guys get it done with! Dravid's not our future, esp. for the 2011 World Cup. We might need him for those tough tours like SA, Australia, etc but other times we got to let the young players in. Also we cant accomodate Sachin and Dravid often in the same team on the agility aspect. @ jkartik: Whats wrong with Tyagi? Have you seen him properly?

We have best bowling attack in world. :banana2

Kohli fielded badly in the Champions trophy too. The thing is, his basic foundation as a fielder is strong, but his technique while fielding is awful. He seriously needs a fielding coach to sort his technique out. He is very athletic, willing to dive around. BUt he doesnt properly collect the ball and shows off too much in his quest to look like a brilliant fielder (something Yuvraj used to do often).

Although I feel that technique coaching at the international level for batting and bowling should not be done, I do feel that we need a coach like Julian Fountain who can teach correct throwing biomechanics and correct technique in the field.

The current team looks quite strong to me too, except for the absence of Zaheer Khan. Dravid Dravid, guys get it done with! Dravid's not our future, esp. for the 2011 World Cup. We might need him for those tough tours like SA, Australia, etc but other times we got to let the young players in. Also we cant accomodate Sachin and Dravid often in the same team on the agility aspect. @ jkartik: Whats wrong with Tyagi? Have you seen him properly?

Indeed. The main thing which will be our undoing in future ODIs is that we are prone to collapse, due to Sehwag's agressive style and the inexperience (or should that be youth) of the lower order. It is by playing them at the highest level for a long period of time that we hope to help them mature as batsmen and gain this responsibility. Regarding Tyagi, from what I have seen, he is quite raw but talented. I do see a risk though, due to his style of bowling and the Indian tendancy to never learn. He has some pace and has the potential to rip the odd ODI team apart - this may set in motion the classic style of overhyped, overplayed and then over-and-done-with.

Back on to Dravid, I do not feel that he should be used for tough tours, per se, but when injuries preclude us from playing a team which can compete at international level to a reasonable standard and so we need someone to bolster the batting.

In a fully fit ODI side, Dravid has no place. So its better he stays with family as he has been on road for last 10 years.

In a fully fit ODI side, Dravid has no place. So its better he stays with family as he has been on road for last 10 years.

Agreed. We have too much respect for him to have him warm the benches and carry drinks. If there is an injury crisis, we can bring him in, if not, we can let him rest for the next Test series.

Users who are viewing this thread