Australia's Tour of India - 7 ODI's

I wouldn't mind leaving Watson where he is since he was just finding form again. But Watson at 4 could work well since he wouldn't be as exposed against the moving ball and he can come in against the spinners. This is all assuming though that Voges doesn't come straight in for Ferguson. That would probably be the better option giving us another big hitter in the lower order, an excellent fielder and another spin option if needed. Not to mention the fact he was next in line.

Oh yeah Voges is definitely a better fit, but Marsh would be in line for at least a couple of games. Depends how much resting and rotation is being planned I suppose.

The other option is to play Mitch at #7. It would have to be a low scoring ground I guess to justify it, but it might be worth resting Hopes for a game or two to try it. And you'd need Lee and Hauritz to play too at #8 and #9 or the tail would be quite long.

Last edited:
True, Marsh is bound to get a game so we will get the answer to that question.

Hopes seems to have some niggling injuries so yea we might see him rested. So yea would be a good time to see Johnson at 7, of course we can do that with our current lineup moving Hopes or someone down to 8. Albie Morkel bats at 7 for SA and Johnson is about the same in terms of batting ability so no reason why it can't work for us.

ARRGGGHHHHHH !!! 7 ODIs ?? :eek::mad:

got bored of us playing australia and SRL over and over again.:doh

minnow teams will be more exciting.

It would be nice if we play South Africa in a 7 Match Series in India.

7 match ODI series should be banned IMO !

SA and Pakistan will be the most exciting opponents ! :D

Very true. 7 ODI series should be thrown to the dustbin. Would be good to have 3 ODI's and 3 T20's

Australia Squad Announced But No Michael Clarke, Nathan Bracken Brad Haddin and Callum Ferguson

Now that deserves :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

My Indian squad for the series against OZ
Gambhir
Sehwag
Sachin
Dravid
Raina
Kohli/Badri
Dhoni
Nayar
Yusuf
Harbhajan
Mishra
Sreesanth
Munaf
Nehra
Tyagi/Praveen

Will zaheer be fit? we need him in the line up now... hope for the best time:):):):):)

Looks like Munaf is going to be a sure shot for a comeback for this series. He has destroyed India Blue in the Challenger final and has been picking wickets a lot in this series. Tyagi also bowled well though not sure if he will also be selected. Ishant has picked up 6 wickets in 3 games with a 4-for in the first game.

I think our fast bowling will be : Nehra, Ishant, Praveen and Munaf. Zaheer might not make it for the whole series, I guess. Read somewhere that he will come only at the end of the year (i.e. for the SL series)

Isn't that because they're all injured? :what

Ya they all injured and now heard Ferguson Out for 1 Year..

Now again that deserves ......

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Users who are viewing this thread