Australia's Tour of India - 7 ODI's

Does anyone actually care about this series other then Indian and Australian fans? It's pretty meaningless.

........The battle for the world's No.1 placing......

No way that could be more important than teams 4 & 5 fighting it out for spot 4..... :facepalm

So pissed that Manou was picked ahead of Matty Wade. WTH selectors, Wade performed strongly during the Champions League, and unlike Manou will actually be around when Haddin retires. :facepalm

Clint should replace Siddle, pretty good looking attack.

Then better you dont watch cricket. It was clearly missing leg stump. The trajectory of the ball was clearly very much down the leg side. Even an ordinary umpire would give it not out and be right in his decision.

I think your views are extremely biased.

You sit in your home watching slow mo replays and come to a conclusion...

But in live action it did look very very close!!!!!

Did you even hear what Ravi said while commentating at the time of the appeal? He said like, "this is very close and the finger goes up" screaming!!!

Stop being biased and give the umpire a break... dont make another steve bucknor of this!!! :facepalm

braguvaran added 1 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

........The battle for the world's No.1 placing......

No way that could be more important than teams 4 & 5 fighting it out for spot 4..... :facepalm

So pissed that Manou was picked ahead of Matty Wade. WTH selectors, Wade performed strongly during the Champions League, and unlike Manou will actually be around when Haddin retires. :facepalm

Clint should replace Siddle, pretty good looking attack.

NOOOOOOOOO

It should be Dirk Nannes!!!! Bring him on, bring the beast :eek:

Does anyone actually care about this series other then Indian and Australian fans? It's pretty meaningless.

You got your replies, I guess! As aditya said, neutrals watching a series doesnt make it more important. Because in cricket, its so much of patriotism that people follow only their own country's progress (there are very few die hard cricket fans who love cricket for the sport and watch all games).

This series is important enough to decide the world number one in ODI's and also decide the position of the top 3 teams in world cricket. And so far the series has been very exciting and one of the best in recent times and it has re-inforced the popularity of ODI's. As long as India gets these kind of crowds for ODI's, ODI's are going nowhere.

saisrini80 added 3 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

I think your views are extremely biased.

You sit in your home watching slow mo replays and come to a conclusion...

But in live action it did look very very close!!!!!

Did you even hear what Ravi said while commentating at the time of the appeal? He said like, "this is very close and the finger goes up" screaming!!!

Stop being biased and give the umpire a break... dont make another steve bucknor of this!!! :facepalm

Did you read one of my other posts on this thing? I clearly mentioned that I was going by the live action and not by the slow-mo replay. Even on live action, it was clear that the trajectory of the ball was going towards leg and the benefit of doubt should have easily gone to the batsman. I am not making a 'Bucknor issue' out of this. Thats when people go out there and burn effigies of the concerned umpire and when I agree with India protesting the decision. Also where you at the ground? You must also have watched it on TV.

Did you read one of my other posts on this thing? I clearly mentioned that I was going by the live action and not by the slow-mo replay. Even on live action, it was clear that the trajectory of the ball was going towards leg and the benefit of doubt should have easily gone to the batsman. I am not making a 'Bucknor issue' out of this. Thats when people go out there and burn effigies of the concerned umpire and when I agree with India protesting the decision. Also where you at the ground? You must also have watched it on TV.

Yeah man whatever!!!!

It looked out in live action from most people atleast outside india.

I know you would be saying it looked out if it was ricky ponting and NOT sachin... :brickwall

Now Siddle joind the list too :facepalm never seen a team getting so many injuries in a series, this must be a kind of record. Mckkay is alrerady coming, now it would be good to see McDonald and Warner too coming. Flow Marsh home, he is not of any use.

Haha, I actually said to MattFB earlier I wouldn't be surprised if I saw a headline saying "Peter Siddle to fly home" or something. But I think as I was taking the piss, I also said "Brett Dorey named as replacement" and we all know that's not gonna happen. Brett Geeves could be a good replacement, because Victoria are depleted of bowlers already, they don't need anyone else to leave, haha. It's a shame that McKay will debut in place of Siddle, not Johnson. Johnson needs a replacement.

My other headline I said to Matt was something like "Johnson found drowned in birthday cake after contaminating hooker" or something similar. Yeah.

Haha, I actually said to MattFB earlier I wouldn't be surprised if I saw a headline saying "Peter Siddle to fly home" or something. But I think as I was taking the piss, I also said "Brett Dorey named as replacement" and we all know that's not gonna happen. Brett Geeves could be a good replacement, because Victoria are depleted of bowlers already, they don't need anyone else to leave, haha. It's a shame that McKay will debut in place of Siddle, not Johnson. Johnson needs a replacement.

My other headline I said to Matt was something like "Johnson found drowned in birthday cake after contaminating hooker" or something similar. Yeah.

Shut up :mad:

Shut up :mad:
What, it's not even like I'm bagging out your country or anything, I'm bagging out a player for my own country who hasn't been performing. Did you see him last night? Did you even fliping watch the match? He looked depressed. It was a JOKE based on that, the fact that he could possibly use his birthday cake as a means for suicide. Just...stop talking. Please. Your "Johny Boy" is safe.

Something like that haha. There was HIV infected and Swine flu ones thrown in there too. rofl.

Doing a hypothetical with the assumption that McDonald is added to the squad:

Henriques
Watson
Ponting
Hussey
White
McDonald
Johnson
Manou
Hauritz
McKay
Bollinger

Ponting keeps saying he doesn't like the balance of the side well this would give him 7 bowling options. Obviously too risky with Manou as keeper.

But I think all this can do an indirect good in the sense that the calls for reducing the burden on the players (ie. lesser games) will get really loud. Sometime or the other, the ICC is going to crack up and say "enough is enough". The BCCI and the likes will eventually be brought down.

Users who are viewing this thread