Australia's Tour of India - 7 ODI's

The worst batting display. If you cannot score runs in Mohali you have no right to call yourself a batter.

Pakistan has won more matches here than India. :facepalm

........The battle for the world's No.1 placing......

No way that could be more important than teams 4 & 5 fighting it out for spot 4..... :facepalm

So pissed that Manou was picked ahead of Matty Wade. WTH selectors, Wade performed strongly during the Champions League, and unlike Manou will actually be around when Haddin retires. :facepalm

Clint should replace Siddle, pretty good looking attack.

Did I say it was?

At least the New Zealand/Pakistan series has a test series coming up after it, playing seven ODI's a month after the Champions Trophy is ridiculous.

Did I say it was?

At least the New Zealand/Pakistan series has a test series coming up after it, playing seven ODI's a month after the Champions Trophy is ridiculous.

First, the Champions Trophy was`nt originally scheduled to be played in 2009. It was supposed to be played in 2008. This series was scheduled before the Champions trophy was and eventually rescheduled so that they could accommodate the Champions Trophy in the calender this year,
Australia generally tour India in the month of Oct/Nov and the Aussie season begins almost immediately. Hence they do not play tests and ODIs back to back and the tour takes place in two legs. They toured India for the test series last year and flew back immediately to Australia since they had the tests against NZ starting at home immediately after the last test in India. The ODI leg of the tour is the one being played now, contrary to popular belief that this is just a pointless ODI series which is not part of the FTP.

Even in 2005, Australia toured India only for the tests and came back for the ODIs in 2007. The reason is that cricket is a winter sport in India and a summer sport in Australia and hence if Australia are to tour India for a complete tour, it would eat into their home season unless Australia decide to tour in the month of March/April when it would be practically be unplayable conditions during the Indian summer (as it was the case in 2001). We rarely see cricket being played in India in March/April these days.

I hope that cleared it all up for you, although I would`ve loved it to be a 5-match series. Noone would be complaining if it goes down to the last game though. I actually prefer this because it means that the tour does not feel pointlessly stretched which is what it felt like during Australia`s tour to England earlier this year.

Last edited:
But I think all this can do an indirect good in the sense that the calls for reducing the burden on the players (ie. lesser games) will get really loud. Sometime or the other, the ICC is going to crack up and say "enough is enough". The BCCI and the likes will eventually be brought down.

Yep. It is a bit farcical with it almost becoming an Aussie 2XI playing India at the moment

Australia generally tour India in the month of Oct/Nov and the Aussie season begins almost immediately. Hence they do not play tests and ODIs back to back and the tour takes place in two legs. They toured India for the test series last year and flew back immediately to Australia since they had the tests against NZ starting at home immediately after the last test in India. The ODI leg of the tour is the one being played now, contrary to popular belief that this is just a pointless ODI series which is not part of the FTP.

Even in 2005, Australia toured India only for the tests and came back for the ODIs in 2007.

I am aware of all of that, but seven ODI's a month after the Champions Trophy, too much imo.

Oh god Johnson is becoming like Irfan Pathan.

Irfan atleast bats well and bowls an average of 5 good overs in the match. Johnson is pretty useless. I have no idea what he was even thinking about when he was ranting in the media about injuring our boys. He's got ***** by Sehwag in EVERY match ! And his "opener-like" batting... lets not talk about it. Spare his Mum some blushes and send him home :facepalm

Maybe he needs to put in those emo piecings, perhaps thats where his special Samson-like powers are stored :sarcasm

Haha. No one beats you in humour, dude :laugh !

Irfan atleast bats well and bowls an average of 5 good overs in the match. Johnson is pretty useless. I have no idea what he was even thinking about when he was ranting in the media about injuring our boys. He's got ***** by Sehwag in EVERY match ! And his "opener-like" batting... lets not talk about it. Spare his Mum some blushes and send him home :facepalm

Haha. No one beats you in humour, dude :laugh !

He did? ......

I am aware of all of that, but seven ODI's a month after the Champions Trophy, too much imo.

Again, the point being that the Champions Trophy was scheduled to be played in 2008 originally. So its hardly India or Australia`s fault that they are playing immediately after the Champions Trophy. Its one of those things which was`nt in anyone`s control after the Champions Trophy got postponed.

Had you phrased it as `seven ODIs is a bit too much,` I`d have agreed but the fact remains that the ODI series was scheduled keeping in mind the Champions Trophy was to be played in 2008. Champions Trophy or no Champions Trophy, 7 match ODI series are a bit too long as was the case in England.

Last edited:
How nice will it be if both teams are locked 3-3 going into the final game at the DY Patil stadium in Mumbai? You will enjoy it the most adi, since you said you'll be going to that game!:D I dont mind it happening although I would also like India to finish it off early because Australia should never be given the slightest chance at a trophy

How nice will it be if both teams are locked 3-3 going into the final game at the DY Patil stadium in Mumbai? You will enjoy it the most adi, since you said you'll be going to that game!:D I dont mind it happening although I would also like India to finish it off early because Australia should never be given the slightest chance at a trophy

I`m still hoping for 3-3 which is why I was disappointed with Siddle getting injured. Hoping against hope for Nannes to be picked. That would add some meat to the Aussie attack. Bollinger,Nannes and Johnson(not exactly).

hmmm need India's batting is pretty reliant on Gambhir, Yuvraj and Dhoni trio. Tendulkar seems to hold the nostalgia for the fans while Sehwag is on a come back trail. You need the youngsters to step up. That or get a domestic veteran. Badrinath was his name? Heard a lot of good things about him. What about Kaif? Where'd he disappear. Hmm i reckon India lack an X-factor in their bowling. Prefer to see a bowling all-rounder in Jadeja's place- seems a bits and pieces player. Oh well better luck next time.

Nicely done boys. Bit worried about this game admittingly. Middle order is real thin. I'm not jumping the Katich bandwagon whenever we have an injury crisis but surely it warranted him in the side. That or get a young kid. whatever. Good game though

Still cannot find decent guy for Useless Patahan/Jadeja slot in line up.

Jadeja is so crap he should bat below Parveen Kumar.

@ Karnog: man you don't look like ladoo anymore. :p

Still cannot find decent guy for Useless Patahan/Jadeja slot in line up.

Jadeja is so crap he should bat below Parveen Kumar.

@ Karnog: man you don't look like ladoo anymore. :p

Jaddu bowls well better than Pathan to some extent, is a better fielder than Yusuf but Yusuf is a better batsman (may I add, a waaaaaaaaay better batsman). 2-1 in Jaddu's favour although I would really like to see Yusuf in the team. He can be spectacular :hpraise

Jadeja has been too impressive with the ball actually, I would want him in the team for the remaining of the games. He hasn't been performing with the bat at all, for that he should move down the order.

Users who are viewing this thread