Australia's Tour of India - 7 ODI's

Once Zaheer is back I think we can see the back of Ishant from the LOI setup for a while. Praveen has been quite excellent on unresponsive tracks and has been unlucky not to pick up more wickets. He can get it to move both ways off the deck and his best trait is his fantastic accuracy. It's sad to let a guy like Ishant go but I think it's best preserving him for Test match cricket right now.

Thank Lalit Modi for bringing the NSW guys in the spotlight. Had there been no CLT20, these guys couldn't have had an opportunity to impress their selectors in Indian conditions and end up with the b(r)aggy green.

It all comes down to Mr.Modi's ideas. It always does :hpraise

Australian cricketers for you. They were being "concerned" about West Indies sending a sub-standard team to tour them coz they "don't want to play a second-rate or a B-grade West Indian side". And then they show up in India with a side like this, with every second player down with chums and what not and feel they aren't second-rate or B-grade.

So they mean they shouldn't be toured by a second-rate team but it is okay if they tour a country with one ! Is it hypocritical or downright stupid? :sarcasm

A bit old but, wow. Are you really that umm, stupid? You really have no idea about the West Indies current situation do you.

Once Zaheer is back I think we can see the back of Ishant from the LOI setup for a while. Praveen has been quite excellent on unresponsive tracks and has been unlucky not to pick up more wickets. He can get it to move both ways off the deck and his best trait is his fantastic accuracy. It's sad to let a guy like Ishant go but I think it's best preserving him for Test match cricket right now.

Once Zaheer comes back, Ishant will find his bearings even better (already in this series, he has bowled well). Praveen on unresponsive wickets is a recipe for disaster. In this series at Vadodara, he was spanked when the ball didnt move during the day. At Nagpur, he got wickets because he bowled during the night when the ball was moving a bit. For him to do well, the conditions should aid swing. If not, he will be useless. With Ishant, its his form that will decide if he is good or bad. With his pace and bounce, he can extract help from unresponsive tracks. On such tracks, Ishant is a better option than Praveen. Zaheer can bat better than Praveen and so we wont miss Praveen's batting much.

I am hoping that at least today, Sachin will be able to get 17k...

Might get a game tonight, he surely would be more useful than Hilfy.
The pitch at Hyderabad seems to favour pace over spin, if it stays true to form, it might be a good one for Hilfenhaus. I'd be tempted to play McKay though, who is a better one day bowler and brings more height that seems to be. On that note, you can stop clamouring for Nannes, who isn't a great one day bowler.

I guess I was all too accurate to say Cockley bowled like Siddle on Sunday. It would be interesting to see if he can bowl as fast.

Very good to see McDonald finally going over, his stump-to-stump medium pace is versatile and his batting form is full of class right now. I think he has a real chance of owning a spot in the team even as injured players return. His batting is definitely better than Hopes or Henriques.

Unless it's swinging I don't think any pitch suits Hilfy. And even with it swinging Hilfy doesn't have the straight ball or in swinger to be lethal in the shorter form. I agree McKay should get a go but doesn't look like our selectors will go that way. Cricinfo has Hillfy as Siddle's replacement.

I've said for a while that two spinners in ODI's are a good thing to have. Look how many crucial overs the Indian spinners have bowled in this series. If Holland has the goods, and the Aus selectors must think that, then you might as well play him.

Wow dude, just wow.

Oh thank you. That means a lot :p

A bit old but, wow. Are you really that umm, stupid? You really have no idea about the West Indies current situation do you.

Look buddy, firstly your not even Australian. Secondly, it wasn't even a debate aimed at getting you involved. It was something I wanted to know from the Aussies, not you. You always go around poking your nose and getting involved into stuff uncalled for, call them "stupid" when you don't have an answer and NEVER answer the actual question. The question, incase you missed it (as always) was -
So they mean they shouldn't be toured by a second-rate team but it is okay if they tour a country with one ! Is it hypocritical or downright stupid? :sarcasm

As for the Australian cricketers' reluctance to play the 2nd rate West Indies, look buddy, Australian cricketers are nothing special. Their job is to play, not go around commenting in the media that blah blah side is second-rate and they devalue the Champions Trophy, we will not make money when they come home and we don't wanna play them. Thats no players' business actually.

As a cricketer, your job is to play cricket. Thats all ! No histrionics required. And Ponting really needs to stop being a baby :crying

This series is now even worst than Zim vs Bangladesh.

You got Australian cricket board to blame for this. Australia played 37 ODIs and 14 tests already in past 12 months. The second highest numbers are 29 ODIs (India) and 14 Tests (England). Now whole schedule was decided 18 months ago and still ACB allowed players to play in IPL and Champions league!

Last edited:
Look buddy, firstly your not even Australian. Secondly, it wasn't even a debate aimed at getting you involved. It was something I wanted to know from the Aussies, not you. You always go around poking your nose and getting involved into stuff uncalled for, call them "stupid" when you don't have an answer and NEVER answer the actual question. The question, incase you missed it (as always) was -

Wait, so what's Australia current injury crisis got in common with the West Indies situation?

Wait, so what's Australia current injury crisis got in common with the West Indies situation?

The keyword here is "second-rate team" :clap

PS- I knew you wouldn't be able to play the yorker and evade answering the actual question at hand. :)

The keyword here is "second-rate team" :clap

PS- I knew you wouldn't be able to play the yorker and evade answering the actual question at hand. :)

:laugh And India are struggling to beat them, at home even. This Australian team is far from second rate, again this is nothing like the West Indies situation.

Users who are viewing this thread