Australia's Tour of India - 7 ODI's

When things dont go your way they really dont isnt it??

First of all ponting having a brainfreeze and opting to field first...

Second Aussie bowlers getting creamed all over , even hilfy wasnt spared!!!!(how can praveen kumar be better than hilfy, mitch????? :eek:)

Third , Injuries!!!! just when the indians were fearing paine !!! he travels back to Aus now, while Aus has about 5 players out to injury , indians bask in the luck with all players FIT :mad:

Fourth, No indian bowler was able to got past 140kmph and yet aussies struggled ,,, how the HECK?

Fifth , I see hints of this series being already FIXED!! :spy

:doh:doh:doh

second, sometimes they are...cant help it.

third, all players are NOT FIT !! zaheer out of action, yuvraj just coming in from an injury

fourth, both nehra and sharma were generating 140+....did you even watch the match ?? :doh:doh

fifth, yes...its definitely FIXED...they dont call us the richest cricketing board for no reason !! :spy:sarcasm

Any chance of Zaheer? :( we need him badly now even our bowlers performed average.

When things dont go your way they really dont isnt it??

First of all ponting having a brainfreeze and opting to field first...

Second Aussie bowlers getting creamed all over , even hilfy wasnt spared!!!!(how can praveen kumar be better than hilfy, mitch????? :eek:)

Third , Injuries!!!! just when the indians were fearing paine !!! he travels back to Aus now, while Aus has about 5 players out to injury , indians bask in the luck with all players FIT :mad:

Fourth, No indian bowler was able to got past 140kmph and yet aussies struggled ,,, how the HECK?

Fifth , I see hints of this series being already FIXED!! :spy

:doh:doh:doh

We all heard Ponting's theory. Well even Dhoni he would have done the same thing had he won the toss.

Praveen Kumar bowled under lights while Hilfy and Mitch didnt. Praveen got more swing under lights.

The injuries are unfortunate. We lived without Sehwag, Yuvraj and Zaheer for the Champions Trophy and without Sehwag and Zaheer even before that for the T20 World Cup. And when did we fear Paine? We thought he looked promising. Nothing to fear about for us about Paine.

Nehra's fastest delivery was 143+. Both Ishant and Nehra were consistently bowling 140+. And one more thing, only pace doesnt make you struggle. It helps but it all depends on the pitch.

Fixed??? Sour grapes about the loss?

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Any chance of Zaheer? :( we need him badly now even our bowlers performed average.

Nehra, Ishant and Praveen performed really well this game. It was not just average, it was a very good performance. Only glitch was Bhajji's bowling. Else, it was a very comprehensive performance. Let Zak take rest and be fully fit for the Sri Lankans. Munaf and Tyagi are enough backups too.

All the talk about the past has usually been about Hayden and Gilly but Ponting seems to be more concerned about the loss of McGrath's death bowling. Of our current bowlers, McKay would be the best of the bunch to full that role. Hes got the accuracy, confidence and a good slower ball.

Easy choice - Marsh. Johnson might have got his wish if we had a batter that could bat in the middle order but Marsh isn't that.

All the talk about the past has usually been about Hayden and Gilly but Ponting seems to be more concerned about the loss of McGrath's death bowling. Of our current bowlers, McKay would be the best of the bunch to full that role. Hes got the accuracy, confidence and a good slower ball.

I have not seen Mcgrath bowl that well in death overs. I thought he was not a great death bowler. Only good death overs Australian bowler that comes to my mind is Ian Harvey. Brett Lee is also a good death bowlers.

I think Manou vs Hartley is a no-win situation.

Manou scores quicker, but he doesn't score quickly enough to justify getting out for 20 or 30 all the time. He has scored 3 50s in 10 years. There are a lot of tailenders who could boast a better record and probably a better strikerate.

That does put Hartley's two 50s in two starts as an opener into perspective, but they are his first 50s ever. He's also not known for a bristling array of attacking shots and even in those better innings he was scoring at 70 or 60 runs per hundred balls. If we weren't to use him as an opener, we'd have to expect a slow scoring effort. That's the sort of thing that would get Johnson promoted and then we'd be in the position of saying that Manou makes a better number 8.

Exactly right bro. I'd be putting Manou at #7 on the card, but really I'd drop him down to #8 unless we absolutely collapsed. Then use Mitch as a pinch hitter to target one particular bowler (Jadeja?) or powerplay and send him in for quick runs.

Marsh will be fine up top.

It was second highest score in ODI made against Australia by any team. We all know highest score made against Australia ;)

Awesome !

Friend863 added 2 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Here is the full list.

As we know Australians are known for coming back hard, they will at their best in the coming ODI's though some of their key players injured. We need to get our bowlers to it's best, still i feel Zaheer should play.

I see in my crystal ball some huge records coming up, either from the Australian or Indian side, who knows like the Aus vs RSA match. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread