Australia's Tour of India - 7 ODI's

India are now the favorites to win this sereis as they played in the last match i hope australia will comeback and improve their battibg and death bowling because they gave tons of runs in last few overs of indian innings

I'll be off to Ferzoh Kotla for the 3rd ODI. Arun Jaitley's assistant is my father's patient. So he got two VIP passes for himself and me. It can't get better. I'll be wearing the Indian Jersey while watching the game. I'm very excited. I'll post here on Saturday before I leave for the match. Also, I'll post the pictures I capture on Sunday evening.

India have shown the world that they have the strongest batting line up

After they get bowled out under 200 in the 3rd match are you going to redact?

Id much rather take the Saffer/Aussie line up any day.

In India, they might be the strongest, but most definitely not in all conditions.

By making 350 on one of the flattest pitches in recent memory, against a deflated and injured Australian side?

Couldnt Australia muster atleast 300 on the same pitch? Among the batsmen, they missed only Clarke and he is not known to be a very quick ODI batsman (I guess his SR is 70 odd or something right?). Dont tell me they missed James Hopes or Brad Haddin a lot. It was a good sporting pitch with enough in it for the bowlers and batsmen. Just because India scored 350+, it doesnt become the flattest pitch and all. If not for India's tendency to take the foot off the pedal once victory is almost confirmed, Australia would have lost by a far bigger margin.

By making 350 on one of the flattest pitches in recent memory, against a deflated and injured Australian side?

It was not flat deck. I hope all Indian pitches are like this.

After they get bowled out under 200 in the 3rd match are you going to redact?

Id much rather take the Saffer/Aussie line up any day.

In India, they might be the strongest, but most definitely not in all conditions.

Just like India dont play as well against short pitched and bouncy stuff abroad, Australia and South Africa dont play spin as well in subcontinental conditions. So it cancels out. Eventually, the skills of the batters put together decides who is better. India is better with the likes of Sachin, Sehwag, Gambhir, Yuvraj and Dhoni spreading fear at the top of the order. Atleast four of these guys can bat in all conditions (barring Yuvraj).

Australia are missing Clarke and Haddin. Haddin is an explosive opener, and can be more trusted upon that Paine, thus letting the other players play more freely. Clarke can bat fast, but he usually isn't required too, thus he plays the anchoring role most of the time. He takes the pressure off Ponting and Hussey. They were missing the services off Brett Lee and Nathan Bracken, who are both one of the best ODI bowlers in the world right now. Australia definitely missed Lee's yorkers in the death overs, as well as Bracken's variations in the death overs as well. India scored 200 runs in their last 25 overs. If Lee and Bracken had been there, I can confidently say that would not have been the case. Ferguson is also injured, and he was one of the better players of spin in the team. Also how was the pitch not flat? The ball came onto the bat nicely and the bounce could be trusted. You could play across the line without too much risk. There was some turn for Jadeja at the end, but other than that it wasn't anything unplayable. Hell Hilfenhaus looked like he could probably score a half-century on that pitch...Australia were missing some important players which created more pressure for the likes of Ponting, Watson, Hussey etc, thus them making only 250 in reply. If they were fully healthy, then the target would be around 300, and Australia would have probably chased it down.

Your fast bowlers all had good bounce and carry and troubled the Indian batsmen with some of the short pitched deliveries. Ishant got Watson with a kicker of a delivery.

As with the injuries, its a case of 'if's and but's. Even we can say that had Zaheer Khan been fit, Australia wouldnt have touched 200 yesterday because Zaheer is invaluable in all formats and his presence also gives Ishant more freedom to attack and he revels in such situations. Had Sehwag and Yuvraj been there for the CT, we might have won the CT. Had Sehwag and Zaheer been there for the T20 World Cup, we might have won that too. Can keep on saying like this..... Dont bring the Champions League in here. Didnt the likes of Lee, Hauritz, Ponting, etc know that the CLT20 will end very close to the ODI series? Moreover, Brett Lee hasnt played as much in recent times. He missed the whole Ashes, and I guess he didnt play the whole ODI series against England (I guess, didnt follow it). As opposed to Kirsten's grouse about the IPL this year where our players are playing non-stop before it, Lee hasnt played that much.

Aussies are missing players. They are allowed to loose games.

I'll be off to Ferzoh Kotla for the 3rd ODI. Arun Jaitley's assistant is my father's patient. So he got two VIP passes for himself and me. It can't get better. I'll be wearing the Indian Jersey while watching the game. I'm very excited. I'll post here on Saturday before I leave for the match. Also, I'll post the pictures I capture on Sunday evening.

Damn you lucky :p Make sure to post the pics

Params7 added 3 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Aussies are missing players. They are allowed to loose games.

They don't stop playing cricket until T20 World Cup now, hope this doesn't become their regular excuse for losing everytime now but it probably will :p

Users who are viewing this thread