Bangladesh Tour of the West Indies 2009

121-6 at lunch, Shakib out for 21 to Kemar Roach who picked up his first test wicket with that dismissal. It sounded like a gooden to, he bounced him out.

It was not a bouncer. Hit Sakib on forearm guard but it was close to gloves so cant say Umpire got it wrong.

Checked Cricinfo. To be very honest, I really didn't expect this from Bangladesh. West Indies is playing quite their third XI here, still, this type of a collapse! Rain might spoil this match. But if it doesn't, I'm afraid, I don't see Bangladesh's chances here.

Time to kick these mickey mouse cricketers out of Test cricket. This is beyond shameful. This current west Indies team is worse than Divison II county or grade cricket in Oz.

For Gods sake ICC, let the Irish play Test cricket!

It seems to be a lively pitch, so spare a thought for them; it's not even being played in Test match conditions.

Bangladesh are at 169-7. That's a bit surprising. But some of these West Indian players have been playing in the regular West Indies team as first choice, so it's not that surprising that they're doing that good.

Bangladesh are at 169-7. That's a bit surprising. But some of these West Indian players have been playing in the regular West Indies team as first choice, so it's not that surprising that they're doing that good.

as first choice? What are you on about mate, Windies made 9 debutantes who would not have played if the strike had not happened.

Some of the players already played in ODI's and have played in the regular West Indies ODI team.

And only 7 players made their debut in the West Indies team.

Bangladesh is nearing 200 runs and that's good for them.

Some of the players already played in ODI's and have played in the regular West Indies ODI team.

And only 7 players made their debut in the West Indies team.

Bangladesh is nearing 200 runs and that's good for them.

Ok so some of them have played ODIs, on paper a lot of these Bang boys are "experienced" Test cricketers.

ODI does not mean anything, Canada plays ODI's. USA has played an ODI. No matter what you say, Bang is crap, they are no where near Test level. This charade has gone on long enough and is putting the game into disrepute. I am all for them to play ODIs and T20is. However, when they they play over 50 matches and only win 1 and lose more than 90%, its time for them to go.
Ireland is waiting in the wings, bloody ICC needs to grow some balls.

Ok so some of them have played ODIs, on paper a lot of these Bang boys are "experienced" Test cricketers.

ODI does not mean anything, Canada plays ODI's. USA has played an ODI. No matter what you say, Bang is crap, they are no where near Test level. This charade has gone on long enough and is putting the game into disrepute. I am all for them to play ODIs and T20is. However, when they they play over 50 matches and only win 1 and lose more than 90%, its time for them to go.
Ireland is waiting in the wings, bloody ICC needs to grow some balls.
This test team has only 24 total caps between them.

Bangladesh has over 130.

This is a joke. Bangladesh really need to sort their test cricket out.

BUT, I will wait for Bangladesh to bowl before making a final judgement. While the pitch hasn't really done anything spectacular, it is best to wait till both sides have batted atleast once :)

zMario added 2 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

I think the Bangladeshi top and middle order should bat like the tail. They could easily make over 400 against this West Indies 'D' side.

zMario added 10 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

Poor Shahadat, he was batting so well. I wanted him to get a 50 to show the other Bangladeshi batsmen how it was done :(

Anyway, Bangladesh have a LOT to prove. They need to bowl very well against this West Indies 'D' team.

Shahdat wasnt out..

any ways Shakib got a wicket..hopefully he can get few more.

This test team has only 24 total caps between them.

Bangladesh has over 130.

This is a joke. Bangladesh really need to sort their test cricket out.

BUT, I will wait for Bangladesh to bowl before making a final judgement. While the pitch hasn't really done anything spectacular, it is best to wait till both sides have batted atleast once :)

zMario added 2 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

I think the Bangladeshi top and middle order should bat like the tail. They could easily make over 400 against this West Indies 'D' side.

zMario added 10 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

Poor Shahadat, he was batting so well. I wanted him to get a 50 to show the other Bangladeshi batsmen how it was done :(

Anyway, Bangladesh have a LOT to prove. They need to bowl very well against this West Indies 'D' team.

mate you are spot on. Its not their bowling, its their batting. They can contain sides while bowling, but their batting is below grade level.

Who?

Darren Sammy play's the odd T20 and ODI but he isn't a regular. The guys playing in this test for the Windies are pretty much ring-ins. None of them would be playing if they were at full strength.

Anyway Bangladesh did well to make it past 200. They should be able to restrict the Windies to around the same score, there batsmen are pretty poor. And it was good to see Roach pick up three wickets, how Baker makes the test team ahead of him amazes me.

Are the West Indian supporters taking these games for real? There was barely a 100 people in for the first 2 days of the test match. What are Rabs views on this?

Users who are viewing this thread