Bangladesh Tour of Zimbabwe 2009 (5 ODIs)

It's a great feeling. I had a bit of luck early on, I suppose thats the way things go. It's staying a bit low, I'm sure we can defend it

Haha, trying to make your knock sound better by saying the pitch is staying a bit low, good stuff :D

Screw utseya, should have been a double hundred easily or at least the record of Anwar could have been broken.

khalek added 6 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

It's sad that many can't watch the match live, it is the best ODI knock I have seen for a really long time and actually there were few shots that Coventry has played which no one else can play. Absolutely destructive innings this, no matter how good the batting pitch was or how shite the opposition attack is or how many times he was dropped, this one is really off the hook!

I can't see why anyone would try and discredit this effort, plenty of other "star' players have had their chances over the years.

Last edited:
I can't see why anyone would try and discredit this effort, plenty of other "star' players have had their chances of the years.

Still there will be a lot of people trying to say 'This was just against Bangladesh' or 'It's nowhere near the class of Anwar'.

He didn't get a lot of support from the other end, the second highest score was 37 by Matsikenyeri so he's played this whole Zimbabwe on his own. The straight boundary is pretty long at Bulawayo and he's cleared it about 7 times in this innings.

Still there will be a lot of people trying to say 'This was just against Bangladesh' or 'It's nowhere near the class of Anwar'.

He didn't get a lot of support from the other end, the second highest score was 37 by Matsikenyeri so he's played this whole Zimbabwe on his own. The straight boundary is pretty long at Bulawayo and he's cleared it about 7 times in this innings.

Yea well he made 194 of his teams 312 runs, quite amazing tbh. And I don't think anyone has a case about it just being Bangladesh, every team in the world plays them at some point.

Bangladesh have made a fantastic start, looking at Tamin to make a big one here.

Bangladesh are off to a good start, indeed. A couple of wickets quickly, chances are more radial for anyone. But it's Bangladesh atm, though i wish to see zimbabwe win. :D

That's the start we needed boys, c'mon. 69/1 after 10

Here's hoping Ash gets a big one.

Tamin's the 3rd highest run scorer for players 20 and under in the history of ODI cricket :)

Ashraful has to be the best at finding ways to get himself out. He was practically giving Coventry catching practice there. Could have hit the ball anywhere, but hit it straight to him. Didn't have to move an inch.

219 to win from 33 overs. Tricky chase.

Users who are viewing this thread