Batting and Bowling Nets now available in the Cricket Academy

adit142

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
the bowling gameplay is better i really like playing as spinner............................ it is far better than DBC14..... batting have change a lot.... shots have more edges and it feels like playing in real

Allrounder18

Banned
How the pace of the ball feels now? is it again dibbly dobbly like DBC14 or more realistic? also is there any visible swing/seam movement now? and Hows batting? is it still a guesswork/bucket load of concentration which takes the fun away or more fun and realistic.

Rob Stanworth

Club Captain
Ok no worries, guess there'll be some uploads to YouTube at some stage. Yeah the drift in the original game was huge. Looking forward to seeing if the overall thing has improved

Radman

School Cricketer
From the few minutes I watched of the youtube link before it cut off, my impressions are that the batting doesn't look too dissimilar to the last game which may or may not be a bad thing for some but it looked good.

Spin bowling from the bowling machine looked really weird, the ball delivered with height in the delivery swung a mile most deliveries, just looked out of place. I also didn't see any noticeable turn on any of the deliveries straight or swinging.

Fast bowling was ok but looks like it just needs that little bit more zip to it to give the batsman a bit more of a hurry up.

I don't know personally how big a difference it is yet but will the option be there to have the same on screen controller options for bowling as in DBC14 for those who prefer it?.

Last edited:

Allrounder18

Banned
From the few minutes I watched of the youtube link before it cut off, my impressions are that the batting doesn't look too dissimilar to the last game which may or may not be a bad thing for some but it looked good.

Spin bowling from the bowling machine looked really weird, the ball delivered with height in the delivery swung a mile most deliveries, just looked out of place. I also didn't see any noticeable turn on any of the deliveries straight or swinging.

Fast bowling was ok but looks like it just needs that little bit more zip to it to give the batsman a bit more of a hurry up.

I don't know personally how big a difference it is yet but will the option be there to have the same on screen controller options for bowling as in DBC14 for those who prefer it?.

:( , tell me guys he is lying[DOUBLEPOST=1470997559][/DOUBLEPOST]The biggest pain for me in DBC14 was lack of pace , seam and turn because incorporating them with the existing mechanics will make human batting impossible and I am really looking forward if they have change it this time.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
First impression on playing for a few minutes..

BATTING

-Batting is more fluent, shots feel like they have hit the middle.

-Backfoot shots are heavenly especially the backfoot cover drive and the fine backfoot glance [beautiful]...[One took the leading edge BTW and went straight up]...:D

-Shots going to place based on impact of the bat. Nice.

-Able to play shots in mid wicket region.

-Yorkers or full length now cannot be played on backfoot so footwork needs to carefully done..Another positive thing for me as watching the ball has become even more important.

-Struggled on legend which I have been playing since DBC 14 released..Another positive.

-Defense for the times I tried went a bit further so I think the dab and run is very much possible with it..

-You can now bat outside the crease and you can move down the crease to bat even normal shots..Think of times struggling with bat and coming down and touch the ball and run..POSITIVE.

-Square drives arent there yet, hopefully added later. Similarly the third man area shots could be more fluent like the other shots,need more life [There's a finish given to it now but it needs the full bat flow finish so it feels like it has been hit or cut hard]

@MattW Need an option to turn off the reticle..Its disturbing for me..Theres option to turn the ball trail off but not the reticle..

Radman

School Cricketer
:( , tell me guys he is lying[DOUBLEPOST=1470997559][/DOUBLEPOST]The biggest pain for me in DBC14 was lack of pace , seam and turn because incorporating them with the existing mechanics will make human batting impossible and I am really looking forward if they have change it this time.
Have a look at the video and see what you think.

I feel stink now coming on here after years and seeming like a negative nancy. :(

https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UC_YD-YE7mSvA9dD1gndQ7vA

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
this! what else does this update include or is it just batting and bowling in the nets? i hope someone can post up some footage of this
There's more additions to the logo creator.

Prefab shapes, numbers, symbols and letters have now been unlocked.
The cursor resolution issue has been fixed.
And number values have been added to the colour, saturation, brightness colour values.
I don't have a full changelog as I left work before this released - but there's a few other associated updates along with the nets.

I'd take the opportunity to note people should look at the controls screen - there's some changes.
It's also worth noting that the controls screen is nets specific. So not all the controls have been revealed just yet. ;)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
the bowling gameplay is better i really like playing as spinner............................ it is far better than DBC14..... batting have change a lot.... shots have more edges and it feels like playing in real

That wasn't a problem in DBC 14 when human players were btting... in fact there were too many edges and playing through the off side was too risky. The problem was AI batsmen didn't edge at all and let's see if the issue has been addressed.

BRAB

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You can now tweak flight and bounce as well by holding the left stick on your delivery. Another Hud opens up where you can adjust your stick to choose a ball that will bounce more or flight more.

Am I understanding that right Matt?

Users who are viewing this thread