Batting and Bowling Nets now available in the Cricket Academy

Can anyone tell if Straight Drive is included
anyone noticed while batting in nets??

but not to the extent where I'm easily losing 10-20 FPS going from bowling to batting

have you checked the fps.. cause im having the same with batting sometime and i ran fraps and fps doesnt drop its 45+ at high setting but stuttering is high that it look like framedrop!

By any chance you are using a amd card? my setup is i5 ..8gb ram hd7790 2gb card .. windows 10 AU updated... I know its a old card but was hoping it would do better especially considering this is just nets!
I guess it either the card or the os not playing well with the game!

Last edited:
But isn't been really smooth for me mate..Playing only on i5 4460 and the integrated graphics that comes along 4600

On 720p lower detail..

Will be playing today as well will tell if anything comes up..

130 kmph
136kmph
144kmph

Getting these 3 speed variations..by using various delivery variations for fast bowler.

Not getting anything between them..

More testing needed.

With this new bowling scheme, it's still very easy to consistently bowl in a particular area. Will b interesting to see how big ant handle this problem.

Last edited:
One question @MattW
With spinners i see that rotation starts from where we assign LAS so does that mean the ball seam will be pointed in that direction and the ball will behave accordingly?

Also after selecting the type of delivery ,the assigned delivery if it's between the normal and flight, will that delivery get that light flight?

If such things are a yes then spin bowling wins for sure in best detail..

Last edited:
With this new bowling scheme, it's still very easy to consistently bowl in a particular area. Will b interesting to see how big ant handle this problem.

If the bowler is really good then what is your problem in hitting a mark consistently? Shouldn't taking wickets be your priority?

If the bowler is really good then what is your problem in hitting a mark consistently? Shouldn't taking wickets be your priority?
Everyone has still got DBC14 on back of their head..Things will get better once things get added and the amount of variations and details get into the game..

130 kmph
136kmph
144kmph

Getting these 3 speed variations..by using various delivery variations for fast bowler.

Not getting anything between them..

More testing needed.

Exactly my concern it is quiet easy to bowl in good spots consistently , also i think the bowling GUI should be just under the bowlers legs (atleast for the timing mini game) currently its a little nuance when you concentrating on the right side of the screen and then suddenly have to move your eyes in to the centre of the screen in order to catch the action.[DOUBLEPOST=1471073365][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I think RT and LT should be used to adjust the line of the bowler (small LT press means just outside off for right arm bowler) instead of RAS which is kind of tricky to use and I just flick the RAS upwards to get the perfect spot again and again.

Also I have a one good suggestion , instead of using the colored timing reticule for bowling you can make the bowling jump and release animation more promiment so that user can time the jump and release by concentrating on the bowler runup animation instead of concentrating on the reticule colors , it will be more fun and natural that way.

Or if it is harder then you can make the bowler shoes changes color just like the reticule so that user can time it easily and in a more fun way.

Last edited:
Woke up to this awesomeness and decided to do a video immediately!! :3
This game's net practice already seems more fleshed out than the DBC 14 game.
Good video bro I liked it what's ur steam ID I will send u friend request.

black and white colored ball trail can be used (just like colored rings for length prediction) to predict line of the ball.
for eg black colored trail defines that ball is on leg stump direction and is most likely to be wide unless its a very full delivery.
dark grey colored trail means the ball is heading towards off and middle stump , light grey means ball is just outside off stump , white trail means ball is well outside off and ball without trail means its an offstump wide.

If you implement this idea than it will completely eliminate the guesswork batting mechanics and more over you can increase the pace of the deliveries to be realistic without compromising on batting mechanics.

Moreover the colored trail should incorporate swing of the ball and hence ouput the final line of the delivery so that user don't have to worry about it , moreover tailenders and lesser quality batsmen should have single colored trail for all types of lines so as to make batting difficult for such players.

Last edited:
black and white colored ball trail can be used (just like colored rings for length prediction) to predict line of the ball.
for eg black colored trail defines that ball is on leg stump direction and is most likely to be wide unless its a very full delivery.
dark grey colored trail means the ball is heading towards off and middle stump , light grey means ball is just outside off stump , white trail means ball is well outside off and ball without trail means its an offstump wide.

If you implement this idea than it will completely eliminate the guesswork batting mechanics and more over you can increase the pace of the deliveries to be realistic without compromising on batting mechanics.

You do realise there is already an existing mechanic for knowing the line of the ball right? And it makes a hell of a lot more sense than attributing colour to a line, when you already have a colour for length..

Users who are viewing this thread