Batting in career mode is a serious issue

I've only seen that happen in online, never in Career. Were you playing career or arcade mode?

I play career mode exclusively. It happened more than once prior to patch 2. I hadn't noticed it after patch 2, and I turned the aerial marker off a little while ago so I won't notice it anymore.

As T J Hooker has said, the game is still playable without that marker. In some ways I find it marginally more so, because green isn't automatically front foot (and it shouldn't be) - and I don't get out going back to yellow ones (Sometimes I had a twitch reaction to balls that weren't green)

So I figured out a way to get more time, although it feels like a cheat, but at least I can play it with realistic timing now.

Just play every shot off the back foot. It allows me to see the ball direction first, so I can play it on merit. I had 2 innings, first one I scored about 30, and the second one I scored 60. First one I was out run out, so not a shot selection error, and the second inning I just played the wrong line to a drifting spinner delivery, out LBW.

So it has a few pro's to use this approach, and I have yet to discover any cons gameplay-wise. You can hit any full non-wide ball this way as well.

The only negative for me, is that I would like to be able to play some front foot shots as well, but since this makes the game unplayable, I will stick to the back foot.

Ok well I'm really glad I decided to retry on legend / pro cam / no marker today because I just made a hundred. 100 from 67 balls, finished 109 from 79.

I honestly thought prior to switching the marker off that it was just going to be too difficult to be fun, but I'm enjoying things way more without the damn thing. It's much, much more like real batting. Different game, even.

I was a bit more limited in my shot selection than I normally am as I was really trying to hang around and get a score, but it's still a reasonably good spread of strokes. No cuts though as that shot is just too dicey with anyone in at point / gully.

I got a touch nervous when I got into the 70s, and a lot of the things I was thinking - about not getting out in a careless way missing a straight one or slapping a bad ball straight to a fielder - is the same sort of stuff I used to think when I was 70 or 80 not out in real life.

Conclusion = DBC pro cam / no hud absolutely rocks for realism, and it's definitely playable. It's already as a good a game as I could have optimistically expected, and there's loads and loads more potential.

I'd love to see 1st person fielding and bowling as well.

109.png

Nice one, man.

Did you play many pull shots?

Last edited:
The only negative for me, is that I would like to be able to play some front foot shots as well, but since this makes the game unplayable, I will stick to the back foot.

Im getting a little tired of reading these sorts of sweeping statements. Its complete bollocks.

Im getting a little tired of reading these sorts of sweeping statements. Its complete bollocks.

No it isn't. And it also gets a bit tiresome that some folks are unable to accept that, while the game is the best cricket game ever by far, it has some obvious shortcomings, and that people get gaffed by fanboys when they point these out.

I'm not a fanboy, I see any game for what it is, and if something is wrong with it, I will point it out, regardless of whether you like it or not.

That's what this forum is for.

Over and out.

;)

There has actually been discussion previously about the differences between Aussie and English careers. I was putting forward the theory that fewer teams = faster bowlers which added to bouncier pitches means back foot is better for Aussie career mode.
By contrast more teams, more medium pacers and less bouncy wickets makes front foot the best strategy for English careers.
Wonder if anyone can see if their experience tallies with that.

No it isn't. And it also gets a bit tiresome that some folks are unable to accept that, while the game is the best cricket game ever by far, it has some obvious shortcomings, and that people get gaffed by fanboys when they point these out.

I'm not a fanboy, I see any game for what it is, and if something is wrong with it, I will point it out, regardless of whether you like it or not.

That's what this forum is for.

Over and out.

;)

So ALL the people that play the game quite successfully the way its designed (including off the front foot, which incidentally probably accounts for 80% of my scoring shots) are telling porkies?
I understand if YOU are having difficulties playing these shots, the game is hard, bloody hard.
However the simple fact is, to say the game is unplayable because its hard, is a load of bulldust

Last edited:
Nice one, man.

Did you play many pull shots?

Couple of fours and a couple of singles, but I didn't play it that much. There was a fielder in square and at short midwicket a lot of the time so I was careful about the pull / leg glance.

If I'm late on the pull it pops up square and if I'm early leg glancing it pops up at short midwicket so it's dicey attacking leg stump line for me with both guys in.

So ALL the people that play the game quite successfully the way its designed (including off the front foot, which incidentally probably accounts for 80% of my scoring shots) are telling porkies?
I understand if YOU are having difficulties playing these shots, the game is hard, bloody hard.
However the simple fact is, to say the game is unplayable because its hard, is a load of bulldust

So you're saying you do not need to premeditate at all on front foot shots, ever?

In that case, ditto.

NEVER
Im blessed with reflexes above those of a potato

I do simracing a lot, which require a lot faster reflexes, and I'm pretty OK there. So mine is a lot better than you think.

Have you tried playing on rookie or amateur at all where the fast bowling only gets up to 115-120km/hr?
In all seriousness I think batting is more about muscle memory in regards to all the different controls than it is about reacting to the speed of the ball.

Have you tried playing on rookie or amateur at all where the fast bowling only gets up to 115-120km/hr?
In all seriousness I think batting is more about muscle memory in regards to all the different controls than it is about reacting to the speed of the ball.

I will definitely practice exclusively on front foot from now on, as backfoot is basically too easy at the moment. I really hope it gets better, but on front foot my timing is always LATE if I wait a split second to see where it is going first, as opposed to IDEAL or EARLY on backfoot.

Last edited:
When im batting I am ALWAYS ready to go to the front foot first...every ball.
If its short, you have a little bit more time to react to then move to the back foot. I also have my finger hovering on the defensive trigger ready for anything on the stumps.

I have just had a thought. I wonder if its feasible that in any future versions the controls may allow us to use multiple Foot inputs.
ie: Start a foot movement forward, realize the ball is short then pull back on the left stick to rock back onto the back foot. Or can we do this already? Ive never really tried it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread