Batting in career mode is a serious issue

I will definitely practice exclusively on front foot from now on, as backfoot is basically too easy at the moment.

If sitting on your back foot is comfortable and you feel you've got time to react, you'll probably have more fun batting like that.

Sitting on your back foot is an actual real life batting technique. You see it all the time in videos vs WI in the 80s and 90s. Steve Waugh scored centuries playing front foot drives off the back foot against WI.

Similarly with the pull shot where you press forward and just lean back to pull rather than actually moving back, you can have a back and across initial movement and just lean onto the front foot to drive if dealing with extreme pace.

If sitting on your back foot is comfortable and you feel you've got time to react, you'll probably have more fun batting like that.

Sitting on your back foot is an actual real life batting technique. You see it all the time in videos vs WI in the 80s and 90s. Steve Waugh scored centuries playing front foot drives off the back foot against WI.

Similarly with the pull shot where you press forward and just lean back to pull rather than actually moving back, you can have a back and across initial movement and just lean onto the front foot to drive if dealing with extreme pace.

That's a good point, actually. And I seem to have in my head an image of Amla also being on his back foot when playing straight most of the time. Maybe these players are more comfortable with this technique for the same reason I prefer it in this game. So I can see it as a part of my technique.

Obviously I play medium/spin on front foot, to get to the pitch of the ball.

Yeah, exactly. There are a million variations on footwork and ball striking in the real game so I like there being options on the controller.

One of the things I'm enjoying most about the game is trying to work out technical improvements, either in terms of shot choice or actual controller handling.

It's very frustrating when you're out but aren't sure what you did wrong, and some of the shots seem a bit too awkward to keep on the deck with the present build, but there's a basic technical challenge to staying in a making runs that I think is well worth the time of anyone who really likes to bat.

eta - and also yeah, just like real cricket, the quicks are only on some of the time, and some players prefer to bat conservatively until they're gone. There's bags of time to react to medium and spin in DBC, so just like real cricket your controller technique might be different.

Aravinda de Silva used to have different batting grips depending on who was bowling.

Last edited:
My query is about the reaction time during batting fast bowler

I love to have mark to be seen at the time bowler jumps that will resolve all the problem.

second thing balling speed comes down during 4s on the boundary ,
and its easy to take 2-3 runs and we can play at strike rate of 90% without having any 4s or 6s , I have seen when we take second run batsman takes that very fast in compare to first run, make it balance that can be helpful to avoid unnecessary 2-3 runs

There has actually been discussion previously about the differences between Aussie and English careers. I was putting forward the theory that fewer teams = faster bowlers which added to bouncier pitches means back foot is better for Aussie career mode.
By contrast more teams, more medium pacers and less bouncy wickets makes front foot the best strategy for English careers.
Wonder if anyone can see if their experience tallies with that.

Batting in England is easier compared to in Aus domestic cup as a career player. You barely encounter a genuine quick in England. Chris Jordan is the only one I found genuinely quick as even Meaker, who gets up to 140s, is not that difficult to face due to his lower height. But in Aus nearly every other team has a genuine quick who ratchets it up to 140+. English sides have way too many medium pacers who bowl around 100-110 kph (Palladino, Miles, Bopara etc.) but in Aus you don't see too many of those. Other than Sayers and Faulkner I don't recall too many medium pacers around.

Guys, just to let you all know about this web app I found while trying to help someone with their spin bowling (wanted to show my gamepad input on screen). This app lets you overlay a display of your precise controller inputs on screen when recording gameplay via OBS or Xsplit etc. It'll be useful for making PC gameplay tutorials too.

Gamepad Viewer

To those of you who are able to record your gameplay, this is pure gold! I record all my game play so being able to look back at my dismissals and see what I was doing with the controller is fantastic. Now I can see whether it's my timing or my shot selection inputs that are causing edges etc.

:yes

Excellent. I figured a built in input viewer would be out of the question for this iteration but this sounds like a great alternative.

eta - err how do I get the thing visible when I'm playing DBC?

Last edited:
You can't. It has to be used in conjunction with recording software. It's a tool for reviewing footage. Unless you can find an actual app that lets you do the same over your game screen, you're stuck.

To give you an idea how this might look, here's the video I posted in the spin bowling thread showing the overlayed controls.

Note, on my main monitor I play as normal, but the controller display from the webapp is added in OBS screen recorder as a window source, over the gameplay feed. You can scale and position it as you wish as well as chroma key the background from the web page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I think I have it working.

Not sure I can maintain a decent framerate but I'm going to give it a go.

Don't know whether you guys have seen the pattern in the game which is that you can have the bowler bowl in the area you want i.e if you want to hit on leg play a leg glance regardless of the type of delivery [if he bowled the ball outside off] then the next ball will surely be on the leg...And for eg: If you want to play behind the slips region to the third man area play that shot regardless of the ball bowled, the next ball will be bowled to hit that shot....Usually he would bowl in that area for the next 3-4 balls..So you can aim for that area to score quickly....Try this...:cheers

Don't know whether you guys have seen the pattern in the game which is that you can have the bowler bowl in the area you want i.e if you want to hit on leg play a leg glance regardless of the type of delivery [if he bowled the ball outside off] then the next ball will surely be on the leg...And for eg: If you want to play behind the slips region to the third man area play that shot regardless of the ball bowled, the next ball will be bowled to hit that shot....Usually he would bowl in that area for the next 3-4 balls..So you can aim for that area to score quickly....Try this...:cheers

But if you cut it because you want it to be bowled there, and it's on middle stump, you're gone.

But if you cut it because you want it to be bowled there, and it's on middle stump, you're gone.

^ This man speaks the truth :yes ^

I have a prblm..

pVP6VWB.jpg
:facepalm

You sure do!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

...does he need a controller to access banned?

Users who are viewing this thread