Batting in career mode is a serious issue

I tried the pro cam when batting and found it OK. It does appear to make batting a little easier and quicker to pick up the line and length. I'd like to see some marker to indicate exactly where the bat is and where the batsman is in relation to the stumps.

I had to give it up in the end as the non-striker view made me bilious and I almost lost my lunch with all the swaying of the head. There should be a automatic return to the far view of the batsman when the non striker I feel. Overall impressed with it mostly.

Neil W

a game is for having fun..and if its not fun than its not a game. dbc 14 is the most pathetic game ever. Rubbish batting, bowling, controls ever. no radar and pitch reticule resulting in judging the line of ball even more nightmarish than playing actual cricket. Analogue controller required to enable us play shots every where on the ground but reality is u have some tight corridors like EA CRICKET for every shot and no matter where u point ur shot, ball would not go where intented but to its fixed tight corridor. Check out Fifa where every version be it 2002 or 2014 has a radar but y the hell its not here (coz Developers rank themselves more revolutionary than even Fifa guys) - Now those fools who argue against reticules, radars and other essentials claiming this would make the game un realistic don't understand these could have been given in game with turn on/off option and if u want that much realism, y dont u nerds go play real cricket to feel realism :mad. Not every one want to do pointless guess work in batting and turn to helmet cam for fielding placements. Some people want to just have fun from a game. i can guarantee if ashes cricket 2009 is re-released with improved graphics, improved player physics, and more pace in fast bowling with a bit increased difficulty, it would beat the hell out of this Cricket looking crappy un playable piece of junk. :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm
aFter wasting hours and hours of my precious time trying to suck fun from this game looking junk, im giving up. :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:mad:mad:mad

fxMZ5rX.gif

I tried the pro cam when batting and found it OK. It does appear to make batting a little easier and quicker to pick up the line and length. I'd like to see some marker to indicate exactly where the bat is and where the batsman is in relation to the stumps.

I had to give it up in the end as the non-striker view made me bilious and I almost lost my lunch with all the swaying of the head. There should be a automatic return to the far view of the batsman when the non striker I feel. Overall impressed with it mostly.

Neil W

yes I could do without the head wobble - it really doesnt add anything

out of curiosity I am wondering if the head wobbles more after he makes some runs - and after you make 100 it must really start wobbling about. ;)

havent tried batting as KP yet - he must have some serious head wobble going on

a game is for having fun.
:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:mad:mad:mad

I think you want Tabletop Cricket, which I believe is coming sometime soon.

I also think it's sad that you don't enjoy the more simulationist approach taken here, for me it's a breath of fresh air.

As an aside, there aren't tight corridors into which the shots go - I'm not that good at batting in this game, but I have hit shots right around the circle (including directly behind the batsman).

I bat as an opening batsmen in career mode and have also decided the easiest approach to batting is to hold in the defensive trigger when the bowler is running up. That makes it easier to play defensive shots and has also benefitted my on drive. I do knick off 2 out of every 3 dismissals but if you get the footwork in the right spot you won't (it is usually if I lose concentration that I knick off). The more your confidence grow the more your drives tend to go along the ground as well. I haven't been caught at forward square leg or square leg pulling and hooking and I score runs in that area regularly.

I think that's part of the problem lastig is that drives and shots DON'T go along the ground despite the timing of the shot being perfect. Human players don't/can't play the same shots as do the AI.

Neil W

i can guarantee if ashes cricket 2009 is re-released with improved graphics, improved player physics, and more pace in fast bowling with a bit increased difficulty, it would beat the hell out of this Cricket looking crappy un playable piece of junk.

Here

...also, what's your SteamID?

I had to give it up in the end as the non-striker view made me bilious and I almost lost my lunch with all the swaying of the head. There should be a automatic return to the far view of the batsman when the non striker I feel.

You can do this already. Switch your running camera settings.

Attachments

• hrtest.JPG
    hrtest.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Haha I managed to get a really low one, below 20ms I think just by guessing :p.

I flinched by accident and got 17ms, then I missed the mouse and got 600ms ruining by average.

anyway, I found a new tactic that works for me.

A. Block every single ball by a fast bowler.
B. Hit every single ball off a spinner for a 6 or lofted 4.

turned my average from 8.1 to 38 by the end of the season.

can't pretend that this seriously works for me is a bit disappointing

here's my reaction time
attachment.php
#premeditationworks :p

seriously speaking something along the line of 300-350ms should be ok for most

Human Benchmark - Reaction Time Test

That's only the reaction time when you have to do 1 thing very simple thing - click a button to react to a change in colour.

To bat you need to react to the line, length and ensure you remember where not to play the ball. You have to process more information and then react to it - it's completely different to whatever number that test gives you.

why when I play late does the ball go up in the air anyway? or a 6 end up being a skier?

surely if your late the problem is the bat is further up the backswing thus pointing the ball too much at the ground?

Users who are viewing this thread