Battle of the Australians: Bill Brown vs Hugh Trumble

Now call me vein for deciding this on averages but can you really blame a 15 year old for not knowing much about these two? :p

I'm going for Davidson; 186 wickets at 20 is pretty impressive in my book.

Also, you should change the name of the thread title NP so that the two competitors names are stated next to the 'Battle of the Australians'.

Last edited:
langerrox said:
gotta love lefties, go alan he had a rpo of 1.97 what a champion
I didn't even notice that economy rate. That's simply amazing.

Could people please bold their votes from here on, sometimes I have to update battles on the fly and I don't want to miss any votes. Thank you.

evertonfan said:
Now call me vein for deciding this on averages but can you really blame a 15 year old for not knowing much about these two? :p
I don't think many of us have seen either of the two playing, so all you can judge them on is their average, or maybe their Cricinfo profile.
evertonfan said:
Also, you should change the name of the thread title NP so that the two competitors names are stated next to the 'Battle of the Australians'.
Good idea.

bolded ;) btw, i think kev may of since these guys play in their prime

6-0 to Davidson. It'll probably take a little while before this battle stuff catches on around here. Then maybe we'll get more than just 6 votes :p

Round 1: Battle 2

Craig McDermott

Test: 71 matches, 291 wickets @ 28.63, 14 5-fers, 2 10-fers
ODI: 138 matches, 203 wickets @ 24.71, 1 5-fer

051949.player.jpg

vs

Richie Benaud

Test: 63 matches, 2201 runs @ 24.45, 9 50s, 3 100s | 248 wickets @ 27.03, 16 5-fers, 1 10-fer

19.1.jpg

Battle will run 24 hours. Also, I've decided not to include batting stats of a player unless he has scored atleast a 50. Is that okay?

Tough one for Craig McDermott imo as he was a fantastic player. However as one of the three greatest legspinners of all time I'd have to go with Richie.

Benaud for me, hes the one that started the leg spinning trend for us, great captain and handy batter.

Craig McDermott gets my vote :)

Benaud for his superior batting ability and handy use with the ball, as well as his captaincy skills and experience.

Last edited:
barmyarmy said:
I'm not sure Bill O'Reilly would agree with you...

Well for me anyway, I've heard of O'Reilly but never knew what he did, poor cricket history I know :)

Benaud for me, a good Bowler McDermot was, a test average of 28 doesn't scream 'World Class' at me. Benaud was also a very good captain I believe, although I may be wrong, my Australian cricket history is a little rusty to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread