Battle of the Australians: Bill Brown vs Hugh Trumble

But how do you know that MacGill would be just as good if he had been the primary spinner for Australia. Also, when did MacGill ever have the pressure of taking wickets with Australia's attack. Border on the other hand made the runs he did while rebuilding the Australian team at a time when they weren't even considered the second best team in the world.

Really this is supposed to be a mismatch. If you take a closer look at both of their stats, you'll see why I say so.

nightprowler10 said:
If you take a closer look at both of their stats, you'll see why I say so.

In my opinion,Stats wont reveal evrything!

ok,coming in ur way now :p

Kasporowicz has just played 43 matches!

Comaparing to stats of Mcgrath and Kaspo in first 43 matches as per stats,

Kaspo : 43M 67W 5/45(Best) 24.98 Avg
McGrath : 43M 61W 5/52(Best) 24.19 Avg

So is it possible to say Kaspo is better than McGrath accrding to stats? nah... But kaspo has performed exceptionally well in given chances! ;)

Thats the same case i thought for MacGill... He has done his best in the given chance! :)

nightprowler10 said:
And Border didn't?

Border has done extremely well but is a regular player! But this Stuart also did well but has got less chances so far becos of legend spinner Warny!

performing well in given rare limited chance is somewat difficult than to perform well in the regular long run! :)

surendar said:
Border has done extremely well but is a regular player! But this Stuart also did well but has got less chances so far becos of legend spinner Warny!

performing well in given rare limited chance is somewat difficult than to perform well in the regular long run! :)
I disagree. Most of the times that MacGill was selected for the team was due to the pitch favoring spinners. Why else would you even need him in the presence of Warne? MacGill was able to take advantage of that and have a very good average. I doubt his average would have been as good had he bowled as much and in as many places as Warne.

Most definately Border, not only for his extremely dogged batting and the fact that he was the leading run scorer in test cricket but the fact that as a captain he helped install Australia to their current level of greatness.

Actually that last line makes me think I should vote against him :p But seriously Border all the way, I too can't see how there's any doubt :/

One other thing - Don't forget that his runs and batting average were achieved at a time when the fast bowling stocks around the world were extremely high.

Border come for me, any day, hands down. I'll be ashamed if MacGill wins this, Border is one of the best cricketers Australia have produced - MacGill can't even get in the team!

FreddieFan said:
Border come for me, any day, hands down. I'll be ashamed if MacGill wins this, Border is one of the best cricketers Australia have produced - MacGill can't even get in the team!
:rolleyes: I wonder why? does the name Warne ring a bell?

Lol I don't think Warne will be happy about being called "IT".

6-2 to Border.

Round 1, Battle 5

Bobby Simpson

Test: 62 matches, 4869 runs @ 46.81, 10 100s, 27 50s | 71 wickets @ 42.26, 2 5-fers

09bob.jpg

vs

Bill Lawry

Test: 67 matches, 5234 runs @ 47.15, 13 100s, 27 50s

054524.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread