Battle of the Australians: Bill Brown vs Hugh Trumble

This is a very tough one, I think Bob Simpson just for me.

Yeah Very tough. But Bob Simpson looks a bit better than Lawry plus he could bowl a bit.

Hmm i would go for Lawry he was very good batsman and captain. Finally this is an even battle. As i've said before how can you compare Stuart Macgill to Allan Border?!?!?!

Do we include commentary skills :p This is indeed a mighty tough one, but I will probably go for Simpson just.

Drewska said:
Hmm i would go for Lawry he was very good batsman and captain. Finally this is an even battle. As i've said before how can you compare Stuart Macgill to Allan Border?!?!?!
Vote for whomever you think is the greater cricketer. I'm not asking people to compare a cricketer with a baseball player.

Anyway, 5-1 to Simpson.

Round 1: Battle 6

Jeff Thompson

Test: 51 matches, 200 wickets @ 28.00, 8 5-fers
ODI: 50 matches, 55 wickets @ 35.30

inline

vs

Paul Reiffel

Test: 35 matches, 955 runs @ 26.52, 6 50s | 104 wickets @ 26.96, 5 5-fers
ODI: 92 matches, 106 wickets @ 29.20

37576.jpg

andrew_nixon said:
Another no-contest. Thompson all the way.
Will have a few of these in the first round at least.

Just a thought, never knew Thomson's average got to 28 at the end of his career. The guy had one 5-fer in his last 5 years (19 tests), and some bad matches forced his average from 25.6 to 28. Probably shoud've retired a couple of years earlier.

Well this should be a walkover.

But any, I pick Thompson

Jeff.
Would it be possible to have one for India or Bangladesh? :p Or Zimbabwe even...

Last edited:
Definately Thommo, despite the statistics suggesting otherwise, he scared the life, and with it wicket, out of plenty of batsman.

Users who are viewing this thread