Battle of the Australians: Bill Brown vs Hugh Trumble

3 more votes this time. :) 6-2 to Benaud.

Round 1: Battle 3

Victor Trumper

Test: 48 matches, 3163 runs @ 39.04, 13 50s, 8 100s

000831.jpg

vs

Ian Healy

Test: 119 matches, 4356 runs @ 27.39, 22 50s, 4 100s| 366 catches, 29 stumpings
ODI: 168 matches, 1764 runs @ 21.00, 4 50s| 194 catches, 39 stumpings

healy2_large.jpg

Ian healy for sure.... wow what a wicket keeper... :happy

Mark down Healy for me too. Again, i'm no expert on the older player (Victor in this case) but I just think Healy's stats speak for themselves.

Trumper... dude he was almost as good as Bradman. His average would be a lot more today he had to play on stupidly bad tracks a lot of the time.

Also how can you compare a keeper from the 1990's to a batsman from 1900?!?!

Last edited:
Ian Healy

Drewska said:
Trumper... dude he was almost as good as Bradman. His average would be a lot more today he had to play on stupidly bad tracks a lot of the time.

You could also say the same about Hobbs, Sutcliffe & Hammond but unfornately we can only judge by stats and those 3 names are a fair bit better then what Trumper's is and quite frankly Bradman's record is twice as impressive as all of them.

5-1 to Ian Healy.

Round 1, Battle 4

Allan Border

Test: 156 matches, 11174 runs @ 50.56, 27 100s, 63 50s | 39 wickets @ 39.10, 2 5-fers, 1 10-fer
ODI: 273 matches, 6524 runs @ 30.62 | 73 wickets @ 28.36

50035.jpg

vs

Stuart MacGill

Test: 40 matches, 198 wickets @ 27.20, 12 5-fers, 2 10-fers

61553.jpg

border would be the clear winner here but im going to vote for macgilla, he is such an awesome bowling. pity he had to fight with warne for a positon :(

langerrox said:
border would be the clear winner here but im going to vote for macgilla, he is such an awesome bowling. pity he had to fight with warne for a positon :(
That better not be the only vote in this battle :p

for me, Stuart MacGill becos i feel he has to be given more chances and good bowler too!

I normally keep my opinions out of these battles, but did you two actually look at the stats of Mr. Border? Its not the battle of whom do you like more, its a battle of whom do you think is/was a better cricketer.

of course the stats lean in AB's favour but I do believe that Stuart Macgill is a better cricketer!

nightprowler10 said:
I normally keep my opinions out of these battles, but did you two actually look at the stats of Mr. Border? Its not the battle of whom do you like more, its a battle of whom do you think is/was a better cricketer.

i felt, MacGill performed well inspite of being given low chances! So perfrming well whenever there is opportunity given sounds definitely bettr than a regular player in my opinion!

Also other bowler of this kind is MS Kasprowicz of Aus!
he has bowling average of 18 in ODIS and just played 40 matches! So these players perform their level best whenever given opportunities! So that made me to vote for Stuart MacGill than border( though he is dominating player)!

Users who are viewing this thread