Story Bermuda - Cricket's New Superpower - Back on! New update! [C07]

Who Should Be Vice-Captain (And Skipper The Next Match)?

• Slowcoach (Saajid Mujahid)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GrayNicolls (N. Davies)

• Madmick96 (M. Mick)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Davison Fighting, but Bermudans Strike Again​

58437.icon.jpg
: Welcome back to lovely South Africa for this ICC Tri Series Match between Bermuda and Canada, I'm Allan Donald as you all know and with me at the moment is Daryll Cullinan, so Daryll, Canada have staged a minor comeback this past 10 overs, still going at a perilously low 2.7 runs an over, but only 1 wicket lost, what do you think so far?
051153.jpg
:Well Allan, Bermuda have done so well up till now, they've kept Canada to 5/83 after 30 overs, but John Davison is still out there for the Canadians, of course the man who played for South Australia and Victoria, and also played World Cup Cricket for South Africa, only to return to his birthplace later on and is now the skipper for this Canadian side, he's quite a good batting all-rounder, and is the last hope for this side I think, if he can hang out there they might just get near 200 and perhaps if they bowl well they can win, but Bermuda on top for sure!
58437.icon.jpg
: Well let's look at the scorecard now:
30overscorecard5hr.jpg

58437.icon.jpg
: Well no real innings there, other than Davison, Barnett's 17 is the next best, but 26*, could he get there for 50?
051153.jpg
:Well it's possible, but even if he bats on, I think his team-mates might leave him stranded, Canada are in danger of getting bowled out at this stage, let's hope they put up a fight.
58437.icon.jpg
: We hope so, now there was one wicket that session, and some good play by John Davison, but the wicket was Ian Bilcliff, he was bowled by Dan Lee, back into the attack, a great move by Dean Sherr, he's been captaining well, this field has been placed beautifully, and only one misfield so far today as well, but that bowling change was succesful, in fact here is that wicket and the bowling card, plus some more highlights from Davison's innings.
davisoncollage7jf.jpg

bilcliffwicket6co.jpg

30overbowlingstats2xi.jpg

051153.jpg
: Some good stuff so far from Bermuda, can they keep it up and bowl the Canadians out, or can their skipper lead them back from the brink and set a decent total, we'll find out after the break.

Yes this looks like an easy win for us and should give Bermuda a conferdence boost

Great presentation

Brett_Lee

Should be a low total and successful run chase by Bermuda.

Neat presentation and great performance.

my prediction looks right if we can get davidson out, mr Sherr has been the pick of the bowlers i think

Some good bowling here. Getting into the tail quickly and it could be over soon.

Davison Gets 50 As Canada Fights Back

dl1qw.png
Welcome back to South Africa, for this ODI between Canada and Bermuda, as part of the ICC Tri Series, also featuring The Netherlands, I'm Dwayne Leverock, and while it's been all Bermuda so far today, so a relief for Canadian fans has come in this last 10 overs, with Qaiser Ali and John Davison building a slow but steady partnership, in readiness for the last 10 overs, they've turned it around for their team, putting on 62 runs together so far, nearly twice what the team was on when they came together, now with me is Allan Donald, Allan, what do you think of the proceedings in the last 10 overs?
58437.icon.jpg
Well Dwayne, 50 for Davison has been the key, a real captain's knock, and Qaiser Ali has done well providing support for him, this partnership has rescued them, no doubt about it! Let's take a look at the scorecard now:

40overscorecard9vl.jpg

58437.icon.jpg
Brilliant stuff from John Davison in particular, who picked up a 50 which surprised everyone I think, I would've thought Canada would be a few more down by now, perhaps even all out, but they went 10 overs without a wicket, and while only 42 runs were scored, not enough to boost their run rate anywhere near where it should be, it was still good in comparison, and who knows, if this pair can hang around, we may be in for a decent total. So let's take a look at Davison's 50, with some good strokes played, including the first 6 of the day:
davisoncelebrateshis5028ak.jpg

dl1qw.png
Yes he's played brilliantly today, so let's have a look at his wagon wheel now, and the stats too.
davisonwagonwheel6jn.jpg

40overbowlingstats6zg.jpg

40overbattingstats4kg.jpg

58437.icon.jpg
So that's the story so far, don't go anywhere, because after the break Spin will continue to Davison, and we'll see who can get on top in the last 10 overs.

I did a quick add up of the bowler's figures, and then the batsman's scores, seems we Bermudans give away a lot of extras like the old West Indies side did, maybe we picked up some bad habits playing matches against the other Carribean island teams when we played in their yearly limited overs tournament (Busta Cup, or Red Stripe Tournament, or whatever it's called these days).

Loads of extras could come back to haunt us here. Probably want to clean them up for no more than 200.

Still waiting for you to repost your details kookaburra69, and everyone else, just a reminder that inactive people won't be playing, so just make sure you're reading the story so that you can get into the team, and the most active people are the ones who could make vice-captain.

Can't wait for us to bat, should be a one sided contest

Users who are viewing this thread