Story Bermuda - Cricket's New Superpower - Back on! New update! [C07]

Who Should Be Vice-Captain (And Skipper The Next Match)?

• Slowcoach (Saajid Mujahid)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GrayNicolls (N. Davies)

• Madmick96 (M. Mick)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
davidson going well but our bowlers and batters hould fight back

Canada 8/188 after 50 Overs

051153.icon.jpg
: Welcome back to SuperSports 8 Coverage of this ICC Tri Series match here in South Africa, at Sedgars Park, between Canada and Bermuda, and Bermuda have finished their bowling innings with a good performance, taking 3 wickets in the last 10 overs, to restrict Canada to just 8/188, a modest total, and one which you'd expect that on a hard pitch, Bermuda should be able to overtake with ease. Welcome back Allan Donald.
58437.icon.jpg
: Well Daryll, it's been a decent fightback by Canada, who were in trouble not so long ago, but captain Dean Sherr led his team off in style, taking another 3 wickets in the last 10 overs, to add to his tally and finish with 4, already a contender for Man of the Match, but Canada will need to lift, skipper John Davison scoring the bulk of his side's score, he'll need to bowl well too. So let's have a look at the final scorecard now then:
finalscorecard0oi.jpg

051153.icon.jpg
: As you can see, only one important innings there from John Davison, the captain, his innings halted the sinking ship, but it was only a matter of time from then on, and for the bowlers, Dean Sherr and Saajid Mujahid doing most of the damage, 4 to Sherr, and 2 to Saajid, with one each to Jack Teague and Dan Lee. So let's have a look at some of these highlights, including Dean Sherr becoming the second bowler to be on a hat trick today.
aliwicketey1.jpg

58437.icon.jpg
: The first wicket to fall in those 10 overs was that of Qaiser Ali, caught trying to slog one down to long off, but Dean Sherr bowled it perfectly, line and length and you don't try and slog those or you'll get yourself caught, and that he did, Zhoaib Ahmed out there to take the catch.
051153.icon.jpg
: So that partnership was finally broken, and the tail exposed, new batsman in was Thurasingam, and he signalled his intent immediately, smashign a six off his first ball, but he fell soon after, going for another one, tried to smash one down to long on, miscued it and hit it straight to Saajid, and then the very next ball, Sherr bowled a shorter one outside off, and Welsh, the new batsman, was out first ball, edging it straight to the keeper Willie Liebenberg, who took the easy catch, and in fact Sherr's hat-trick ball was straight through him, and Liebenberg made his only mistake of the day, missing the ball and letting it go for 4 byes. Let's look at those wickets now.
thurasingamwicketpf4.jpg

welshwicketfw3.jpg

: Well those are the wickets, but that's not the only thing that happened today, there were great shots and great balls that didn't end in a wicket, let's look at some more highlights, and then we'll show you the stats from this match.
highlightsqe4.jpg

manhattansu1.jpg

finalbowlingstatsob9.jpg

finalbattingstatsny2.jpg

051153.icon.jpg
: So that's it from the first innings, we'll be back in a moment to interview the two skippers who dominated play in this first innings.

Last edited:
Where are the bowling figures Dean? I want to know if I got carted in my second spell like I always do. Damn back and shoulders cease up after my first spell, that's why I bowl 12 to 18 over spells straight up.

Yep, carted in my second spell as usual. Not happy with my performance, an inspired first 2 balls, and then bowled tripe after that, sigh. Oh well, I guess I'll go down in history as the first player to take a wicket with his first 2 balls on debut in an ODI.

well mr sherr is bowling very well, and davidson is carrying this innings

Not impressed with the soft and girly D.Lee for faking an injury so he could escape punishment in the death overs and preserve his precious economy rate, forcing poor Saajid Mujahid to bowl in agony with a busted gut after giving his all in his first spell to prove his allegiance and loyalty to his new homeland.

I'm going to have to secretly rub chilli all over the inside of D.Lee's protector/box while he's busy exercising his lyrical genius and composing another musical masterpiece.

I'm going to quickly call my bookmaker after I get my revenge on D.Lee and give him the latest inside information from the Bermudan team.....2 players to miss next game with injury...Saajid Mujahid - busted gut.....D.Lee - groin injury.

Slowcoach said:
Not impressed with the soft and girly D.Lee for faking an injury so he could escape punishment in the death overs and preserve his precious economy rate, forcing poor Saajid Mujahid to bowl in agony with a busted gut after giving his all in his first spell to prove his allegiance and loyalty to his new homeland.

I'm going to have to secretly rub chilli all over the inside of D.Lee's protector/box while he's busy exercising his lyrical genius and composing another musical masterpiece.

I'm going to quickly call my bookmaker after I get my revenge on D.Lee and give him the latest inside information from the Bermudan team.....2 players to miss next game with injury...Saajid Mujahid - busted gut.....D.Lee - groin injury.
Man you are one evil player.

I'm pleased with my poised look under the high ball in taking the catch off the bowling of our hard working pace spearhead D.Sherr.

However, I may "lose the ball in the sun" (pretend I can't see it), or even better, complete the catch to give the bowler that uplifting moment of joy only a wicket can bring, before "accidently" (on purpose) stepping over the boundary line and turning it into a 6 to send the bowler's morale plummeting back to earth (and also damaging his precious economy rate) if the same sort of catch comes my way off the bowling of D.Lee.

If I manage my "accidently" (on purpose) trick enough times, I may shatter D.Lee so completely that he ends up spending the rest of his life in an asylum somewhere, sitting on the floor in the corner of a dark room, rocking back and forth clutching a printout from Cricinfo to his chest of his economy rate in his debut ODI, saying "my precious, my precious" over and over again.

ZoraxDoom said:
Chez Spin - 7 overs for 38.
That Legspinners slot is mine! :p

Im sure I will be given at least 1 more game to prove myeslf, seeing as I am the best leg spinner in the country

I believe I should be our perenially injured (due to busting my gut for my team everytime I'm actually fit enough to play) vice captain.

I have a resume with the following qualifications:
1...Expert in the art of mental disintigration (just wait until I am finished with D.Lee).
2...Tactical genius.
3...Many bookmaking contacts to make sure we Bermudans are well payed and can afford to support our Nandralone addictions.

endofinningscm6.png

58437.icon.jpg
Welcome back to SuperSport's coverage of this ICC Tri Series match between Bermuda and Canada, if you didn't hear the news Canada made 8/188 off their 50 overs, so we're about to cross live down to former Bermudan Spinner Dwayne Leverock who is going to speak with Bermuda's captain, Dean Sherr.

dl1qw.png
Yes thanks Allan, now I'm here with Dean Sherr, the new Bermudan Skipper making his debut here today, he's just come off the ground and we're just in front of the Pavillion, now Dean, 4/36 off 10 Overs on debut, on top of the fact that you've guided your team to a great start, how does it feel?
headshotjz2.jpg
Yeah it's great to start off your international career with 4 wickets, not too far off your haul Dwayne, but the important part is the team, we've gotten on top of Canada, who won the toss on a hard track and we restricted them well and took wickets in the process, which is always important, so hopefully we can come out and get the runs.
dl1qw.png
Well what were you thinking when you were on a hat trick, did you think you were going to get it?
headshotjz2.jpg
Um, I was just happy I guess, you don't get a hat trick every day, and while I didn't get it it was stil exciting to be on one, the crowd were pretty into it, which is good to see in a neutral country, but 4 wickets is great on debut, I can't ask for anything more other than a win, which I'm confident we can get.
dl1qw.png
What about the captaincy side of things, how did all of that go, were you happy with the fields and the fielders, and did you feel you got everything out of your bowlers?
headshotjz2.jpg
Yeah I'm rpetty happy, only a couple of misfields which isn't bad, and something we can work on at training, but the only thing I was unhappy with was our extras, too many wides and no balls but it will all come together, I was pleased with the fielders, Willie (Liebenberg) did well behind the stumps, took a catch and didn't miss too much, and most of our bowlers were economical, most took wickets and the guys who didn't like Spin, created a lot of chances so we're pleased.
dl1qw.png
And finally, I don't want to keep you from your teammates, anyone to look out for in the batting lineup?
headshotjz2.jpg
Yeah look out for both the openers, they're capable of putting on 100 together I reckon.
dl1qw.png
Thanks very much Dean Sherr, good luck and go Bermuda!
headshotjz2.jpg
Thanks mate.
dl1qw.png
We'll be back soon to show you the 2nd innings, exclusive on SuperSports.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread