Story Bermuda - Cricket's New Superpower - Back on! New update! [C07]

Who Should Be Vice-Captain (And Skipper The Next Match)?

• Slowcoach (Saajid Mujahid)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GrayNicolls (N. Davies)

• Madmick96 (M. Mick)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
'Twas a nice innings too Connor. Glad to support you there at the end and block it out so you could get the runs. Nice win.

Played Connor. A good performance all round guys. Keep up this form and the World Cup is ours ;)

header_3natrsa_2006_296x85.gif
Post Match Presentation

58437.icon.jpg
Welcome back to this ICC Tri Series Match, between Bermuda and Canada, where of course Bermuda has crushed the Canadians by 7 wickets, now it's time to go down to the ground, where Dwayne Leverock is waiting.

dl1qw.png
Thanks Allan, and I'm very excited to be down here, what a performance from Bermuda, Canada were never really in it, the Bermudans were just brilliant, and let me tell you I'm very excited to be one at the moment, just great stuff! Now then, there have been some great performances today from all around, but only one man can be the man of the match, so here's the envelope...

The Man of the Match, with a brilliant unbeaten century, is Nic Davies, come on up here son. So tell us all, a century on debut, and a crushing win, how does it feel?

daviesheadshottw8.jpg
It's awesome, that's how it feels. To move from England to Bermuda, to get picked so suddenly and then to pick up a century, in my international debut, it's just amazing, I never expected this, I dreamt about sure, but it's the kind of thing you only dream about.
dl1qw.png
That's great, now tell me, you're in a new country, playing for a different team, with players from all over the world, what is it like?
daviesheadshottw8.jpg
It's certainly different, but the guys are starting to blend together quite well, we all speak English which helps, although some guys have an advantage, being able to swear in different languages, but at the very least, there are some English guys like me, and some Aussies, a South African, some from the sub-continent and one local, so it's just a great blend of multi-cultural players. I may not have been born in Bermuda, but I love it already, I'm very loyal already, the culture is great, and it's just so much fun, this is the country I want to play cricket for, 100 percent.
dl1qw.png
It's a great country alright, so now my next question is, what were your expectations waiting to bat, were you nervous, did you think you might be able to chalk up a good score?
daviesheadshottw8.jpg
Well I was a bit worried, I know Deano said it was a good pitch, but after what they made and after Tobie got out for a duck I thought he was joking, but as I got to about 30 or so I felt a little more relaxed, but I never really though about 100 till I got to about 90 or so, and even then I thought Dubby might start smashing them around a bit too much and I wouldn't get there, but then he settled down and let me get there, so that was good.
dl1qw.png
Well that's great, one last question for you, what did you think of the team's performance today, overall?
daviesheadshottw8.jpg
It was good, we bowled well, led by our skipper, and then some great overall bowling, even the guys who didn't take a wicket like Spin managed to create some chances and we did well in the field, so we got Canada all out for a low score and that's important, and then we batted well, I enjoyed some of the partnerships, and a relatively easy win, that tells the story, so hopefully we can get out there and build on it, and maybe win this series, would be a great lead-in to the World Cup.
dl1qw.png
Well congratulations, Man Of The Match, you've just won yourself the MOM Medal, an imaginary watch and some rep from your teammates let's hope, well done and good luck in the future.
daviesheadshottw8.jpg
Back to you Allan in the box.

58437.icon.jpg
Thanks Dwayne, Dwayne Leverock down on the ground with Nic Davies, certainly deserved Man of the Match. That's it from us today here at SuperSports, we hope you've enjoyed the coverage, and it's been a pleasure bringing you this match, make sure you tune in soon for the next match in this Tri Series, between Bermuda and The Netherlands, should be a cracker, as both have now beaten Canada, and both will be hungry for another win, see you then.

That is not very polite not to take off your helmet at the match presentation :p. Nice work Dean, really enjoying it.

skylogo.jpg
Bermudans Hit by Skipper Injury
headshotjz2.jpg
Dean Sherr, The Bermudan Skipper, Pictured During His Last Match.

Bermuda has been rocked by the news that Captain Dean Sherr has been taken to hospital for scans, after injuring his right shoulder in training this morning.

Sherr was discussing team strategies with teammate Chez Spin, when a misguided ball from Zorax Doom somehow managed to make it all the way from the nets to the other side of the training ground, and strike Sherr on the shoulder, where Sherr and Spin were sitting on a bench. Doom later claimed he was practicing his surprise Paul Adams delivery, despite claims from batsman Matt West that he wasn't even bowling at the time.

Sherr will be unlikely to play in Bermuda's next match, which is one week away, against the Netherlands, as the shoulder injury will limit his effectiveness at bowling.

The skipper, who took 4 wickets on debut for Bermuda, was originally an Australian, until he was spotted by Bermudan scouts while playing Club Cricket at Orrong Romanis Reserve (had to mention the great ground) in Melbourne.

The news has shocked the entire team, who have no official vice-captain yet, and will have their players vote on it this week.

Bermuda also announced a 13 man Squad for their next match, against The Netherlands. The injury has paved the way for new kid in the country Mark Rogers, another Fast Bowler, to make his debut for the Bermudans.

Squad:
T. Chapman (k)
J. Teague
D. Leverock Jr
Saajid Mujahid
N. Davies
C. Spin
L. Hander
D. Dubb-Lynch
M. Mick
Zorax Doom
M. West
D. Lee
M. Rogers

A poll has been set up in this thread, we have one week to vote, the order is the top 10 posters in this thread, with all who have posted more than 5 times given the chance. The vote is public, so try not to vote for yourself, as we will all know and will frown upon you. Visit http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/misc.php?do=whoposted&threadid=28267 to see who's posted the most.

Also anyone who has lots of time (I know I shouldn't ask because it's my own story) might like to keep some stats for the team.

Last edited:
We can't vote for ourselves? Darn.
Ah well, I vote for D.Dubb-Lynch, cause I like his name :)

I voted for Matt, because despite not being in the team, he has managed to post after basically every update.

Sad to see myself not in the poll even though I have posted regularly...

But a very nice win by us Bermudans and hope for much of the same next match.

thanks for your vote of confidence dean, i vote for zorax as i am sure his charisma can lead us

ZoraxDoom said:
We can't vote for ourselves? Darn.
Ah well, I vote for D.Dubb-Lynch, cause I like his name :)

Haha, thanks for the vote though, won't get many, if any, more. In return I'll vote for you for basically the same reasons as Matt.

you deserve to dissapear in the Bermuda Triangle! :p, Lefty's got my vote

Users who are viewing this thread