Best Wicket Keeper-Batsman in Test Cricket

Who's the Best Keeper-Batsman currently playing Test Cricket

• Total voters
no duh its MS! he is a good batsman, a top class WC and he is the skipper!

I'd probably prefer to take the word of Ian Healy, a former professional wicket-keeper, and one of Australia's greatest keepers, as opposed to some bloke from PlanetCricket. Haddin's a good keeper, and a very decent batsman, surprised he's been ranked below Dhoni, Boucher and McCullum by almost everyone in the thread tbh.
On the contrary, I think there are several people on PC who express their thoughts far more intelligently than Healy. He's interesting to listening to, but about as biased as they come. :p Kinda like an Australian Sunny Gavaskar.

Is Prassanna better at glovework than Boucher? I don't remember him being that good.

Ability wise, Haddin or Boucher. (voted haddin)

But why the hell isn't Sanga there?

Last edited:
I'd probably prefer to take the word of Ian Healy, a former professional wicket-keeper, and one of Australia's greatest keepers, as opposed to some bloke from PlanetCricket. Haddin's a good keeper, and a very decent batsman, surprised he's been ranked below Dhoni, Boucher and McCullum by almost everyone in the thread tbh.

Haddin is a very close second behind Boucher imo. But Boucher is awesome I reckon. His batting is good enough.

Boucher and McCullum are the best keepers of what I have seen. And both are more than capable with the bat although McCullum has struggled to produce his best with the bat.
Haddin has potential but from what I've seen of his keeping in India and now over here hes certainly not as good as I thought he would be with the gloves. His batting is getting there though, we will see of the next two series if he will become more consistent.

MSD is India's second best keeper. To Dinesh Karthik...
Sorry what?

Two or three years back that statement would have been understandable.

But since then Karthick has gone backward while Dhoni has improved miles.

Precambrian added 2 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Haddin is a very close second behind Boucher imo. But Boucher is awesome I reckon. His batting is good enough.
Haddin's keepig has gone down quite a notch in the last one year. Barely looked domestic class in India, not to mention his frequent fumbles during the Australian summer. His batting too has hardly looked exemplary save for one or two occassions.

I'm confused now. All along I thought Haddin was supposed to be an excellent keeper, than Ian Healy thought he was excellent, that he was unlucky not to have played more, etc.

And now I hear he's crap. Or atleast not very good.

I've never seen him, so I can't tell.

:help

For a long time in Australian domestic cricket Brad Haddin was considered the #1 gloveman and justifiably so. Unfortunately he seems to have been unable to bring that form with him onto the international stage, I can't tell you why but it cannot be denied that his keeping has been well below par. Maybe with a little time his keeping will improve but with the current form of the aussie side time is fairly short.

Haddin's keepig has gone down quite a notch in the last one year. Barely looked domestic class in India, not to mention his frequent fumbles during the Australian summer.

You do know that out of the whole India v Australia series in India; Dhoni let through 2 more runs from byes than Haddin did. Dhoni got no stick, but Haddin did because he was new. You have to be careful not to fall into that trap.

His batting too has hardly looked exemplary save for one or two occassions.

I say with complete confidence, that Haddin is the best batter of the people on that list. I know, his performance so far probably doesn't show that, but I believe he is.

You do know that out of the whole India v Australia series in India; Dhoni let through 2 more runs from byes than Haddin did. Dhoni got no stick, but Haddin did because he was new. You have to be careful not to fall into that trap.

I say with complete confidence, that Haddin is the best batter of the people on that list. I know, his performance so far probably doesn't show that, but I believe he is.
Haha, what???

Dhoni was keeping to two world class spinners in that match, Kumble and Harby, so the number of byes will be more considering the bounce and turn they get.

Haddin? White was the best spinner for 3 tests, and Krejza is no Kumble.

Next argument please.

Oh and as to your "belief", I would say I believe Bell is a better batsman than KP based on talent. But as long as they do not get converted into performances, am in a fool's paradise.

Dhoni was keeping to two world class spinners in that match, Kumble and Harby, so the number of byes will be more considering the bounce and turn they get.

Huh?

Kumble and Harbhajan aren't big spinners of the ball at all. Krejza gets more turn than both of them put together, and you know it. Also, since when did keeping to world class spinners mean you get excused to let byes through?

I'm not going to bother replying to you anymore. You're so biased there is no point. Like trying to argue with Ben all over again.

By the way, your signature image is so fail worthy it's almost funny.

Huh?

Kumble and Harbhajan aren't big spinners of the ball at all. Krejza gets more turn than both of them put together, and you know it. Also, since when did keeping to world class spinners mean you get excused to let byes through?

I'm not going to bother replying to you anymore. You're so biased there is no point. Like trying to argue with Ben all over again.

By the way, your signature image is so fail worthy it's almost funny.

Anil Kumble was one of the most difficult bowlers to keep to, not because of his spin but because of his unpredictable variations in pace and bounce which are not associated with an ordinary spinner.

Please, do not insult our heritage. Don't comment on something you do not understand.

lol, I think he's referring to how the image has been shooped to have an Indian flag, and not an American one.

Please, do not insult our heritage. Don't comment on something you do not understand.

I'm insulting your heritage?

oh my god. You're freaking hillarious. You have actually looked at that photo in his sig, right? It's highly disrespectful, if anything is.

Users who are viewing this thread