Story BFN Bombers - Battrick Story

MONDAY TRAINING REPORT

First up is Mr Nicholls!

Ken Nicholls - 17 yo, BT Rating=8,383
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated
A cautious player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful
Fielding: mediocre

He's popped in stamina, coming on quite nicely, concentration should pop soon too.

Next, Mr Samuel!

Eddie Samuel - 18 yo, BT Rating=15,918
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated
An attacking player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: quality Consistency: feeble
Fielding: feeble

Popped in fielding, its about time that consistency aslo gets popping. He'll be a completely different player then.

I thought trainee Bird would pop too according to his wages but I forgot that he was feeble keeping so that bumps it up a bit too. Either way he should be popping soon.

nice work, eddie needs some work on concentration and consistency

aussie1st said:
Did you start training Samuel's this season? As Consistency a bit low for an 18yo trainee.

I pulled him halfway through last season he looked like this back then:
Eddie Samuel (932117)
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
An attacking player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: BFN Bombers
Nationality: South Africa
Battrick Rating: 4,683
Wages: ?1,101 p/w
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: worthless

I only had 22ITS back then and they were allocated like this:
Of 22 ITS 2 went to consistency and 10 to bowling and 10 to stamina. I'm definitely keeping him for training!

So since then he has come a long way, as you know secondaries take alot long to train in comparison to primaries.

FINANCIAL REPORT

financerept.JPG

Finances looking good, and with a home game this week, even better. Hopefully we will be at around 3 mil by the end of the season.

Last edited:
I see not a bad pull.
That's a fair decent amount of cash you got there :) Can't wait to I get interest like that :p

FRIDAY LEAGUE MATCH​

Its league match time again! Were firmly atop the table and with a host of new user run teams in the league, its still a walkover on the new managers. Herstbridge is another example of these new teams. Its expected that at least one hundred will be made, at least one fifty, and possibly even a 5-for could be expected from a bowler.

BFNHerstCom.jpg

AS the above ratings suggest they dont really have chance to compare, although we will be looking to get that middle order rating back to mediocre where it belongs. So it's an expected steamrolling which will greater increase our chances of getting into a good DIV III league next season.

Expected line-up : Nicholls, Gore, Mainey, Spiller, Barnard, Furlong, Noon(+), Samuel, Sing (*), Breen, Bird.

Many eagle-eys will notice that the batting order in the middle order really moves around alot, basically were still looking for a good solid set-up that won't collapse easily against good bowling, and one that will score runs. It will only really be tested on Sunday though.

You got this in the bag, that team is worst than mine so you should be able to crack 400 if you bat first.

Update on our game against Herstbridge.

Welcome to Bloemfontein Oval for the match between BFN Bombers and herstbridge CC.

We can tell you that herstbridge CC won the toss and elected to bat. The pitch is looking a touch on the green side. All the seam bowlers have been out there rubbing their hands on this sunny day.

BFN Bombers have selected Nicholls, Gore, Mainey, Spiller, Barnard, Furlong, Noon, Samuel, Singh, Breen, Bird.

herstbridge CC have picked Naylor, Buchan, Murdoch, Hook, Piet, Legg, Hindle, Clark, Clement, Hislop, Lock.

2.5 W Samuel to Naylor
What a shocker straight back to a calm Samuel. If Naylor is going to play shots like that he might as well stay in the pavilion.

6.1 W Samuel to Murdoch
He's gone! A vicious rising bouncer just caught the shoulder of Murdoch's bat and flew straight into the bucket-like hands of Gore at third slip.

10.1 W Samuel to Buchan
That's beaten him all ends up and takes out middle and off

10.5 W Samuel to Piet
That's a great ball from Samuel. Full and fast and straight, it hit Piet's back foot right in front of middle stump.

One man destroyer, Eddie Samuel! His good form continues and he seems to be well on his way to a 5-for.

End of Over 15: 44-4, runrate=2.93
Barnard 1-0-7-0
Legg* 9 (12 balls)
Hook 18 (30 balls)

Things looking rather peachy at the moment, Bird and Barnard bowling now, Bird should keep things tight, and Barnard could leak a bit.

LEAGUE GAME OVERVIEW

BFNHerstscore.jpg

So Herstbridge came over to us for a game, they did a little better than expected but that was due to the team order for the match. Samuel started ripping them apart early, but it wasn't his day for awards. All-rounder Asif Barnard polished them off and got his best figures including first ever 5-for, and rather uncharacteristically was economical in doing so. Spinner Breen was miserful and gave little away and seemingly deserved a wicket but it wasnt to be. Hook provided the bulk of thier score and kept things together till the end.

With a rather small total to chase our opening batsman would have been happy to just plod along, but that isnt their style. As usual, they went out wih all guns blazing and got the total quickly and without throwing thier wickets away.

BFNHerstafcom.jpg

So ratings remain unchanged for us, middle order a slight worry still, but I think its worthwhile now that we have a full time keeper playing. MoM, I fully a gree with, only 5-for in the match and career best figures. Batsmen didn't have much to do so it couldn't have gone to them.

attendance.jpg

Its oh so beautiful raking in the money with a packed stadium..... Good to see the supporters turning out in force to spur their lads on!

Hopefully form from this match can be carried over to our friendly against the Old Wulfs on Sunday, it promises to be exciting!

Very convincing win. Good performances by Samuel and Barnard.

Good old average bumping :) Samuel looks like he already got good stats and he's not even finished training.

Users who are viewing this thread