Big Ant Review System (BARS) "Sneak Peek"

Warlord you a WOW fan or something.:yes
PS I am a big kid as I play video games at 34 dude.:D

IMO, both EA and BigAnt can fix that problem by implementing some extra animations and physics algorithms in the game but that would just waste the processing power in something that is noticed very rarely and does not affect the gameplay. So from a optimization point of view they did it right.
Next you gonna crib about poor crowd texture and demand each of 40000 spectators to have dedicated 3D model for realism :facepalm

----------

Rodd! Just a question regarding BARS, Will there be vibration for all the edges? Because if thats the case then we will get the reviews right 100%. You should make the vibration zero for some of the fine edges because even in real life if we are batting with a hard bottom hand grip then we dont really feel a fine edge.
Or you can also link this with the concentration level of the batsman. More time he spends on the crease, more is the chances of noticing the fine edges. :thumbs

Rodd! Just a question regarding BARS, Will there be vibration for all the edges? Because if thats the case then we will get the reviews right 100%. You should make the vibration zero for some of the fine edges because even in real life if we are batting with a hard bottom hand grip then we dont really feel a fine edge.
Or you can also link this with the concentration level of the batsman. More time he spends on the crease, more is the chances of noticing the fine edges. :thumbs

First of all its Ross. And you gotta be kidding me. Reviews aren't unlimited. Lbws are unpredictable, but not edges. You almost always feel the vibration when you edge it. I hope you have played some real cricket and have some knowledge about it.

Guys please! Appreciate the thought put into other minute details other than nitpicking on not-so-important things or shall I say not-on-the-priority list things.

Picking on such things can be very discouraging. Let's face it, no game can be 100% real, otherwise it's not a game/simulation. You just can't expect everything to be just as it is in real life.

Damn, I know its Ross. Blame it on whoever placed "d" next to "s" on the keyboard :p
Occasionally you don't feel fine edges when you play with the Dukes ball or SG ball. It happens a lot with people who have a very tight bottom hand grip. If you have a loos grip then it is a different story. I've played enough cricket and had to walk off even when i was convinced there is no edge.

I'm not nitpicking but just saying that if every edge gives a vibration then it would make review just a automated procedure. Let some uncertainty and drama there.
Recent Ashes is a perfect example of that.

Just watched the video.
As with the consensus, I too thought the replay speed was a tad too slow, however the BATS (Big Ant Thermal Shot) mode was excellent and the fact you could see the minor deviation in the ball's flight (I think it even seemed to spin slightly differently after it made contact?) was superb.
I found myself nodding, 'yes, out.' :lol

When a game gets you that involved, you know it's going to be amazingly good.

Impatiently looking forward to next week's video.

Thanks BA.

Last edited:
I'm not nitpicking but just saying that if every edge gives a vibration then it would make review just a automated procedure. Let some uncertainty and drama there.
The batsman gets the vibration, so if you're bowling you'll need to rely on other cues. I think Ross confirmed that tiny edges might not vibrate at all. But basically, you'll know if you hit it.

The batsman gets the vibration, so if you're bowling you'll need to rely on other cues. I think Ross confirmed that tiny edges might not vibrate at all. But basically, you'll know if you hit it.

Awesome, thats what i was looking for. Even i remember him saying something like this somewhere but needed someone to confirm it. Big edges are obvious but hiding tiny edges occasionally a must. That would put us in a real like scenario of whether to review it or not.

One thing I doubted that BA14's third umpire decision will display on big screen or not?? :(

attachment.php

Attachments

• vlc 2013-08-09 22-01-33-45.jpg
    vlc 2013-08-09 22-01-33-45.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 424
In DRS, third umpire does not give the decision, he just conveys info to the on-field umpire and that umpire gives it. BigAnt got it spot on.:thumbs

One thing I doubted that BA14's third umpire decision will display on big screen or not?? :(

Seeing as the fielder is already celebrating, I assume he's seen the decision on the big screen already, and the umpire is just confirming it.

Users who are viewing this thread