Big Ant Review System (BARS) "Sneak Peek"

Look I know I've only been a member here since July and that I'm a "school boy cricketer" but Holy ----!!! How dumb can some questions be!!???

Shut Up About Release dates!!!! It will come!! :facepalm

One month and you can't stand these questions? Bit more patience mate;). People are not gonna stop asking until its there. So to ignore such posts is the best option.

Hi Ross.

Its my first post after so long. I have been following BA Cricket for long. I am eagerly waiting for this game like others on this forum after seeing the Screenshots and Videos and I firmly believe that this game gonna be the best sports game ever developed till now.

Looking at BARS video I have couple of questions:
1. How many reviews are allowed in an innings?
2. If we don't use BARS during a close call then will replays show the hotspot to make us feel whether it was a good decision of not using BARS or was it a mistake?

Thanks for giving us such a wonderful game of cricket.

new to planet cricket. after lurking through the forums, I realize I have to go through initiation...hit me. ;
have purchased (and been frustrated) all Cricket Vid games ever made. excited just like everyone else abt db14

Boot polish ready! Welcome mate and lurk no more!

Hi Ross.

Its my first post after so long. I have been following BA Cricket for long. I am eagerly waiting for this game like others on this forum after seeing the Screenshots and Videos and I firmly believe that this game gonna be the best sports game ever developed till now.

Looking at BARS video I have couple of questions:
1. How many reviews are allowed in an innings?
2. If we don't use BARS during a close call then will replays show the hotspot to make us feel whether it was a good decision of not using BARS or was it a mistake?

Thanks for giving us such a wonderful game of cricket.

Thats a really good point that I'd like Ross to talk a bit on. Hope Hotspot, Hawkeye and Snicko aren't just the part of BARS but are included during close calls anyway and are available on demand. That'd be seriously pretty awesome! :yes

One thing I doubted that BA14's third umpire decision will display on big screen or not?? :(

attachment.php

Do you have a damn idea about DRS in real cricket ?? Decision never shows up on big screen. DRS are always and always answered by the onfield umpire.

The decision isn't but the replays are so the crowd generally know especially for hawkeye.

Yes bro, i was talking about decision because arpit wants DB14 to show DRS decisions on big screen which doesn't even happen in real cricket.

The ball not showing clearly probably have something to do with the color of the ball (this is not a real heat sensitive camera you know :P). If you guys look at the screenshot released earlier, the ball there is extremely clear,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 77
Could the red ball (which I assume is the reason it's very difficult to make out) not have a white spot on it from where its hit the ground, as you see on TV? That'd make it a little easier to spot.

Great stuff!! BARS definitely is up to mark. Off-Topic and a little weird maybe, but that is the best "Ball" (graphics, rendering etc) I have ever seen in a cricket game. Love how the seam position changes slightly after the faint edge. Couldn't have even imagined such things pre Big-Ant.

Could the red ball (which I assume is the reason it's very difficult to make out) not have a white spot on it from where its hit the ground, as you see on TV? That'd make it a little easier to spot.

Yeah, unfortunately the ball colour is playing a part in the render. One for the first patch for sure....

----------

Thats a really good point that I'd like Ross to talk a bit on. Hope Hotspot, Hawkeye and Snicko aren't just the part of BARS but are included during close calls anyway and are available on demand. That'd be seriously pretty awesome! :yes

MikeM would be able to fill you in better as I don't have the code/game here - you will get elements shown to you if you were wrong in walking/not taking a review - just to add tension and frustration, should be good in player vs player :)

Wow I got the first decision wrong. I thought he edged it but the hotspot showed no nick

seems like the white ball is actually harder to spot as the camera seems to convert the darker objects to lighter and the lighter objects into dark objects.

the previous screenshot is probably from a test match with red ball...getting converted to a light colored ball (white)

Might be a hard thing to fix given how they impletmented hot spot. if it is just a filter, then it might be a little tricky to correct it.

the most amazing thing to take out of this video, the game can actually DETECT where the ball hits the bat exactly. if implemented with proper physics (collision, hitting zones, bat shape, spin of the ball) there are unlimited amounts of outcome once the ball hits the bat. :D

seems like the white ball is actually harder to spot as the camera seems to convert the darker objects to lighter and the lighter objects into dark objects.

the previous screenshot is probably from a test match with red ball...getting converted to a light colored ball (white)

Might be a hard thing to fix given how they impletmented hot spot. if it is just a filter, then it might be a little tricky to correct it.

the most amazing thing to take out of this video, the game can actually DETECT where the ball hits the bat exactly. if implemented with proper physics (collision, hitting zones, bat shape, spin of the ball) there are unlimited amounts of outcome once the ball hits the bat. :D

This is the major point I wanted people to see in the video - the ball spins one way and then after the collision spins the other.

There will truly not be two balls bowled the same given the differing heights of bowlers, release timing, wear on the pitch, speed of delivery, wear on the ball, etc etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread