Big Ant Review System (BARS) "Sneak Peek"

This looks great, but there should be a hot spot on the ball where it hit the pitch

This is not actually the virtual version of HOTSPOT!!:facepalm
This is BARS!:)

Now I don't think it should be there.What matters is where the ball has hit(bat/pad/body) to give the decision, which is shown in the review...

These kind of things are added to a game when there is not much to-do gameplay wise for the developers!!

Makes me wonder if the bat can hit the pad, to make it sound like there was a nick which would cause the bowler to review the decision (if given not out). And obviously in addition to this if the batsman gets a thin edge onto the pad, would BARS come into play then?

attachment.php

It happens in almost every game.

Attachments

• FIFA13crop.jpg
    FIFA13crop.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 220
This is not actually the virtual version of HOTSPOT!!
Yes it is - it is the thermal cam - which means that is something that should be replicated. It's a minor point, but it's not a wrong point.

As Ross mentioned earlier, the fact these are the kind of things people are discussing as the problems is a pretty good reflection on them.

I didnt meant any thing, i just showed that problem.. But it doesnt matter me... I have watched 10+ times that trailer.. Im so addicted in it.. Love DB14! Thnx Ross.

Yes it is - it is the thermal cam - which means that is something that should be replicated - after all the dot that touching the pitch would cause is on the ball, it should be on the pitch too.

It's a minor point, but it's not a wrong point.

As Ross mentioned earlier, the fact these are the kind of things people are discussing as the problems is a pretty good reflection on them.
Exactly, its not a must-need thingy but that they have got almost everything perfect that we are only left with nitpicking and make it look realistic.:cheers
Hope the required changes will be done by Ross and team.

One question though, is that audio as it is in the game because when you watch matches on TV the crowd seems to go a bit quieter during the footage until just after a 'nick' is shown, is that something you have worked on? Otherwise, not a complaint because I am very keen for this game!

Good point. The current Ashes 2013 matches gave plenty of examples for the above.

Problem is that when you're staring at it for a while like you do in a review you actually notice it.

Yep. I didn't realize that until it was brought up. Let's just stop majoring on minor things :)

Definitely a few different variations next week, bat/pad, etc.. stuff not seen in any game before.

BigEye and BigEars, will be introduced as well.

Just an idea....maybe you could do a daily feature with the different variations, showing one variation a day...instead of doing a full video at the end of the week!! Just saying :D!!

WOW!! I can really keep watching the video again and again and everytime I notice something extra.....something brilliant,e.g. like the shadow of the ball as it moves across the pitch, the way the last two fingers of the bottom hand come off the bat in the second shot, the way the batsman always has his eyes on the ball even after the edge, the way the whole body moves in perfect motion!!! Just brilliant!!

Superb video, Ross. Loved every bit of it. The crowd reaction is the only thing that I can ask for as that adds to the tense atmosphere. Rest looks more than fine. :)

WOW!! I can really keep watching the video again and again and everytime I notice something extra.....something brilliant,e.g. like the shadow of the ball as it moves across the pitch, the way the last two fingers of the bottom hand come off the bat in the second shot, the way the batsman always has his eyes on the ball even after the edge, the way the whole body moves in perfect motion!!! Just brilliant!!

Exactly. All those complaining about not seeing gameplay are missing the point. We are seeing the game in its full potential in terms of physics and animations in lush slo mo perspective. This is what the whole game will be like, every second, every shot, every play........brilliant.

----------

Superb video, Ross. Loved every bit of it. The crowd reaction is the only thing that I can ask for as that adds to the tense atmosphere. Rest looks more than fine. :)

We dont know yet how the crowd is in game.....

God if Fifa can not fix the foot problem with there budget then what chance have a Australian developer have. PS something for next gen I guess but no one will see this when you are playing this gem of a game.

PS I love this comment on facebook, this is what can be done when you don't spend all your budget on getting team licences.:thumbs

----------

Exactly. All those complaining about not seeing gameplay are missing the point. We are seeing the game in its full potential in terms of physics and animations in lush slo mo perspective. This is what the whole game will be like, every second, every shot, every play........brilliant.

No more going look at that shot for 6 or 4 and then seeing the replay and well the rest is history I hope for both these games.

----------

We dont know yet how the crowd is in game.....

Bigant have not missed much so let's just say it will be like the real thing.

Users who are viewing this thread