Big Ant Review System (BARS) "Sneak Peek"

I wonder what is the reaction of the captain when I review every decision against me in career mode....

Mike, would you answer this?

Those moaning about gameplay videos, look at other sports game like FIFA, the developers don't release gameplay videos, they release short videos on different aspects of the game which highlight key features. You got the gameplay videos from people when they test games at public events.

Like this sneak peek videos that Ross has released, very much looking forward the game. I played rugby league live 2 last night, after going through the awesome tutorials and learning about the gameplay mechanics, have to say that I am impressed by the game and enjoying it.

newpulse.gif
Bug found!

attachment.php

Attachments

• vlc 2013-08-09 19-38-10-07.jpg
    vlc 2013-08-09 19-38-10-07.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Bug found!
Image Snipped
Ross has mentioned this many times before, it is because they do not "compress the shoe", most game developers don't and is likely something for Next-Gen in every game, though I suppose it will be slightly more noticeable on these slow-mo's.

However onto the reason for my first PC post. LOVE the sneak peeks and screenshots so far Ross! One question though, is that audio as it is in the game because when you watch matches on TV the crowd seems to go a bit quieter during the footage until just after a 'nick' is shown, is that something you have worked on? Otherwise, not a complaint because I am very keen for this game!

I never said its faked. I just said that its a cut scene and not a raw gameplay footage. If the process is automatic then isn't it a type of cutscene? When I refer to raw footage then i mean the bowler bowling a delivery and batsman playing a shot to it.
A cutscene is a pre-rendered/pre-animated sequence, like the umpire raising his finger at the end.

This is gameplay because when you are playing the game and call for a review you will get the posted sequence - which is straight out of the game engine. This is the graphical standard of 'gameplay'.

They are showing non traditional angles in the other trailer because they help highlight the detail more than the pulled back camera of regular gameplay, which is part of the whole 'promoting the game' thing.

He's not intending to hide things - before the game is released he's inviting the public to play it at games stores in Melbourne - he's inviting me to their offices - allowing cameras. They are releasing a longer trailer shortly.

He has discussed issues over the licence holder approvals for official trailers and the impact that AC13 has on what they can show, but you'll have detailed previews of the game before release.

Bug found!
We discussed this when the original screenshot came out. The issue is that they can't make the shoe bend like what would happen in real life - so it sits under the ground a little bit to make it look like it does. Problem is that when you're staring at it for a while like you do in a review you actually notice it.

But the shoe bug was not there in AC09!! :D

This looks great, but there should be a hot spot on the ball where it hit the pitch

Well this was the thing that i was shouting around many posts....
Good to see its captured and previewed one arpit...
But i think this is only a small mistake that can be affordable..:)

Do you guys ever read Anything?

Had a nice spicy lunch at Nandoos, came back at 4pm only to be dragged into a 20 over intercollege match by friends. Opened the innings while chasing, got hit in the balls second ball of the innings, went berserk, hit a few, missed a lot, collided with keeper on a close runout call, got a nosebleed, still gutted it out and stayed notout till the end. Perfect chase, we won by 9 wickets and 3 overs to spare.:cheers
Then came back to find this gem, awesome end to a awesome day. Thanks Ross and my opponent bowler to hit me in the nuts. That was some eye opener. :p

I hope moments like this can be replicated in DBC14. (except the nandoo's part)

P.S: I had a bruised ankle too which i got few days ago when bunked college by jumping the fence ;) Yuppie

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread