Big Bash 2016 Now Available on iOS and Android

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
But does Alistair Cook bat like Alistair Cook?

francisjery

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
A smashing T20 - Sydney Sixers (me) vs Sydney Thunder

IMG-20161201-WA0003.jpg

Screenshot_2016-12-01-17-29-46.png

BRAB

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Tbf if I could choose between this and an AFL game I'd take the AFL game.

That's true for pretty much everything though

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Played it on both my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7 edge) + Ipad. I struggled to get power when bowling/batting on my phone. But on Ipad was a dream! Thanks BA for the unexpected early December treat :)

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Tbf if I could choose between this and an AFL game I'd take the AFL game.

That's true for pretty much everything though

Yeah ok, an AFL game would be pretty darn good! But I guess in the grand scheme of things... this is pretty substantial... so it gets a very close 2nd place lol

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Just had an epiphany... is the reason games video games (sports games in this angle) dont release sale numbers, because it gives an indication on how much license holders can charge for their licenses?... Do you think that by releasing this game for free that the license holders are gauging how much there license is worth, by being involved? Hmmm

Allrounder18

Banned
It's the Big Bash - over the top shot power is the design brief not a bug.

I know but the shot animations doesn't compliment this (you can't leg glance for a big six over fine leg just by merely bat touching the ball) if they could toned the power just a weebit it will look more organic and gorgeous.[DOUBLEPOST=1480598547][/DOUBLEPOST]
Although he failed to apologise for his moutains of judgemental shite....

Did you ever apologized for your countless grumpy posts?[DOUBLEPOST=1480598650][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was not expecting this reaction

Why? If something is awesome then I am not gonna criticized it for no apparent reason.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Just had an epiphany... is the reason games video games (sports games in this angle) dont release sale numbers, because it gives an indication on how much license holders can charge for their licenses?... Do you think that by releasing this game for free that the license holders are gauging how much there license is worth, by being involved? Hmmm

It's so hard to establish how much a license is worth. It's a negotiation. And opinion usually varies massively (as you would expect!) between the parties as to what the relative values are to both sides.

We will learn very little about those values with this, especially because it's free. The "value" here is all about enhancing the brand and growing the market for Cricket Australia - There is no attributable revenue.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Actually I'll alter that - I've just remembered that there's an unlicensed Aussie 20-20 game. You could compare their numbers with this one and draw conclusions. HOWEVER, there are lots of other factors and all would be subjective in terms of how they are interpreted. (for example, you can't compare ad spends, if one got featuring and the other didn't how much difference did that make, is the quality of game better/worse etc). None of these factors are totally objective. It's why us pros get paid the rock-star dollar to interpret them (and hope that we will be believed!)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Actually I'll alter that - I've just remembered that there's an unlicensed Aussie 20-20 game. You could compare their numbers with this one and draw conclusions. HOWEVER, there are lots of other factors and all would be subjective in terms of how they are interpreted. (for example, you can't compare ad spends, if one got featuring and the other didn't how much difference did that make, is the quality of game better/worse etc). None of these factors are totally objective. It's why us pros get paid the rock-star dollar to interpret them (and hope that we will be believed!)

It's akin to Company A evaluating Company B's worth when A is trying to acquire or merge with B. it's not an exact science and you see experts fall flat on their faces. Case in point HP's acquisition of Autonomy for $11B and HP is still trying to recover from the fiasco.

By the way Chief wanted to ask you a question regarding the free app/game revenue model. So far I've seen that the free games/apps rely on two ways to make money... i) Ads and ii) Microtransactions or a combination of both. How do developers/publishers make money if there are no ads and no micro-transactions? Do they get paid by Google (Android) and Apple (iOS) based on the number of downloads?

Chief

Panel of Selectors
By the way Chief wanted to ask you a question regarding the free app/game revenue model. So far I've seen that the free games/apps rely on two ways to make money... i) Ads and ii) Microtransactions or a combination of both. How do developers/publishers make money if there are no ads and no micro-transactions? Do they get paid by Google (Android) and Apple (iOS) based on the number of downloads?

Nope. There doesn't look to be any actual revenue - This is a marketing tool for the Big Bash for which they have presumably paid BA to make on a work-for-hire basis (although as noted, there are other potential benefits to both parties for this game existing which they will have negotiated)

Users who are viewing this thread