Big Eye, Big Pitch, Big Wheel Screenshots

I do have to agree with the point about shots down the ground though - with the claim that every ball and shot is completely unique, it does seem a bit of a coincidence that you could hit so many shots in almost exactly the same place. But not a big deal.

we need to wait till we get hands on the game.till then we should listen to them whatever stories they say.especially people here are stop you from asking question.they want us to say great,briliant,awesome.

That would be awesome. Yes, please wait.

True. And would have taken someone off their job for a good couple of hours in order to prove something they weren't out to prove.

I'd say not time well spent - Why not wait and judge the gameplay on the gameplay and for now judge the visuals on the visuals? Life's too short. :-)

He still had to play 93 balls. He would have got a screenshot via normal means by facing the same number of deliveries. There was no additional time required to do it the normal way and in fact if the 'Staging' is indeed true then he would have actually spent more time configuring the game to behave unnaturally.

I do have to agree with the point about shots down the ground though - with the claim that every ball and shot is completely unique, it does seem a bit of a coincidence that you could hit so many shots in almost exactly the same place. But not a big deal.

I would agree if they were the same however I think if you measure them and include the angle then you will find them similar but not exactly the same, which actually proves that there is minute variation.

Not a big deal. Really??

Nope, means there is minute variation, read carefully. They are not the same length.

It is a screenshot where you cannot deduce gameplay, sooner people get that the better.

In terms if setting it up, we wanted a 50 and there are enough times where people screw up and go out - got better things to do than worry about the nitpicking and reverse engineering and looking for things that are frankly not there.

I am under the impression that a Spider Graph will be available for any score and not necessarily a 50. A natural 30 as opposed to this engineered 50 would have sufficed.

I am a big fan of the game and I am not trying to stir things up. I appreciate your commitment and frankness Ross and I hope you don't mind an honest opinion or two.

Normally I read every post, have to put up my hand and say while there may be gems in there, after reading the last page I'll not bother.

----------

I am under the impression that a Spider Graph will be available for any score and not necessarily a 50. A natural 30 as opposed to this engineered 50 would have sufficed.

I am a big fan of the game and I am not trying to stir things up. I appreciate your commitment and frankness Ross and I hope you don't mind an honest opinion or two.

People operate under instruction, I said get me a 50 and don't go out, I want it by 6pm. Simple.

I have no issue with opinion and making changes, plenty of people here have helped shape the academy and the game itself. I just have so little time to get sidetracked on non-issues that once explained should not be like bones for dogs that just won't let go.

Last edited:
Normally I read every post, have to put up my hand and say while there may be gems in there, after reading the last page I'll not bother.

----------

People operate under instruction, I said get me a 50 and don't go out, I want it by 6pm. Simple.

I have no issue with opinion and making changes, plenty if people here have helped shape the academy and the game itself. I just have so little time to get sidetracked on non-issues that once explained should not be like bones for dogs that just won't let go.

Sorry if my comments hurt you. It was definitely not my intention to undermine the fantastic work that you and the team have put in over the years.

I guess, I should just be a Lurker and not post very often. Sorry again.

My comment of not reading the last 15 pages wasn't aimed directly at you, and it's not an issue of not posting. Unless I am mistaken there is not a great deal here that covers the actual screenshots. I would expect these sorts of comments:

I am colour blind these colours don't work. I don't like the colours. I don't like the camera angle. I don't like the thickness of the line... etc.... what is really boring is looking for things that aren't there.

My life: Work on this reconciliation and have it done by 6pm.

BA Staff: Play a cricket game and score me a 50. Have it done by 6pm.

I know who's life I want :lol

Lol :)

It's not so good on the Monday though when I go in and say thanks guys... There's a thread on PC talking about everything except BE BP and BW.

FWIW the screens look good, they show what you said they were going to show and nothing more. Much like the BARS video.

Reading too much into the game play isnt a good idea. I think I wait for videos/the play test for that.

Thanks for that, agreed.

It is generally those who continually say you can't judge gameplay from a screenshot who then go on to take apart screenshots to discern gameplay.

Ross I liked your previous sig which stated that "Gameplay is the king"

Few people seem to have forgotten that

Right now its like jumping guns criticizing gameplay and AI before the play test's.

Users who are viewing this thread