Big Eye, Big Pitch, Big Wheel Screenshots

cannot please everybody all the time

Its human nature to moan well so they say but to be quite honest i find it a bit sad. All the time i have been on here i have been nothing but impressed by what I have seen some people might call that crawling but then again i dont care what people think im a glass is half full kind of guy keep up the good work:yes

Children, cry babies, moaners, whingers, complainers, etc...

Again, what has become of patience and letting the actual gameplay dictate the outcome of ones emotions?

That's why I visit once a week now. :facepalm

Thanks for that, agreed.

It is generally those who continually say you can't judge gameplay from a screenshot who then go on to take apart screenshots to discern gameplay.

I think to be fair, some of the points raised were reasonably fair, but then were laboured even after explanation given. I think for example it's fair to have said (as I did) some of the twos look a bit weird, maybe it's to do with fielder controls etc but if not i'd be concerned and then drop it when mike did say "yeah we slowed the fielders"... same I think it's fair to flag that it looks a bit odd that nothing behind square, but not maybe to keep on after mike explained why it's so!

I'm not sure either of these were (originally) looking for stuff that wasn't there, just calling what we saw. but yeah banging on even after explanation is a bit beyond the pale.

Will someone be posting these screenshots on Facebook to satisfy the masses? Would do myself but not sure about the copyright rules etc.

They're really for the forums, where there might be considered discussion. You can post them if you like.

Edit: Actually, I'll post them now.

Why the FRIG are people getting their knickers in a twist over the wagon wheel??!! There are WAY too many variables to make (incorrect) assumptions. We don't know the field settings/placings, which could change ball-by-ball, over-by-over etc...we don't know if there were overthrows, we don't know if the two's were that close they went to the third umpire, we don't know the athletic ability of the batsmen and/or fielders fielding the specific balls, plus. As for 'why no shots behind square', every dot ball could have been hit behind square, but as no run was taken then it wouldn't show on the the wagon wheel! Every innings is unique, no two are the same, ever.

On a positive, less ranting note: Great work guys, keep it coming!

You know Sir Ross I like these screenshots like nothing and the other members are just repeating the same thing because I think they think you will spit out the release date:nowayBe strong man:cheers

Indeed. As he said, he hit the ball to third man, but didn't run; presumably to keep the strike to get to 50 faster. This also explains the time; the other batter wouldn't have faced 30 balls as he was attempting to get 50 as fast as possible. That is a perfectly logical reason for 2), 3), 4) and 5).

Oh he hit a ball to thirdman and didnot run ro get his fifty quickly even though he runned singles to long on longoff.
Ross just give us a video in a natural playing condition without any specific instruction to the ai .You have raised the bar with the game features and now everyone is expecting a great gameplay from you.

Last edited:
Why does the BigAnt team always engineer stuff and in a way that detracts from normal proceedings?
Is it so difficult to depict a wagon wheel wheel with a decent score without 'Staging' it? Can anyone not score a few 2s in a 93 ball innings without resorting to artificial means such as slowing down fielders?

I also would appreciate a reply to that by Big Ant....I mean Mikemerran plays the game all the time or so it seems, so why not give the wagon wheel of a normal match...??:spy

----------

Sorry for asking as it has been already answered..:facepalm

ffs read posts :facepalm

Come on guys, this thread is embarrassing. Its pretty obvious the point of the screens wasn't the actual content in them but rather the concept of how they'll work in the game. Some of these posts are pathetic (mine included probably :p )

Well i just wasted 20 mins reading through some of the drivel in here and can quite easily sum up most of it with a simple :facepalm

Screen shots are great. They give us all the information that we should want or need from these sorts of stats and graphs.
Personally im going to wait until a play session before i attempt the impossible and pick apart gameplay from one look at a wagon wheel

Last edited:
Understood, want or demandare the key words, need is not.

Maybe the other guys are spot on on their approach after all.

I don't know how you stand some of the crap in the last 20 pages Ross.
PS maybe this is how some people act because they expect this game to go done the same road as cricket games in the past.

PS Ross I know at least 5 people who will be buying your game when released, now they are not members on here for this reason, the trolling and looking for problems when the game is not out.

PS I guess not everyones post are comedy gold like mine Ross.:p:lol

Users who are viewing this thread