Big Eye, Big Pitch, Big Wheel Screenshots

I don't know how you stand some of the crap in the last 20 pages Ross.
PS maybe this is how some people act because they expect this game to go done the same road as cricket games in the past.

PS Ross I know at least 5 people who will be buying your game when released, now they are not members on here for this reason, the trolling and looking for problems when the game is not out.

PS I guess not everyones post are comedy gold like mine Ross.:p:lol

Well, one thing we do know for sure is that Ross has a thick skin

One thing I do like is the naming convention used. Everything is BIG and better

What Color's would be used for extra Deliveries? Would the graph show extra deliveries?:)
I don't think this was answered in the huge amount of replies here. But yes there are extra colours for extra deliveries.

As for the colours, I got informed of them yesterday, I believe black, orange and pink are 3 of the other colours. Can't remember the other and not even sure if I'm 100% with those. :p (although black is definitely one of them).

I'm not sure, but does the colour of different comets really matter?
It's not earth shattering, but it helps to define each specific ball rather than them potentially blending with one another.

I think Ross and Mike purposely do such things with their goodies. Just to keep us busy for 2-3 days. Otherwise, we will start asking for new things from sunday itself!

The same people who post "when's the release" are the same people complaining every time bigant show us a screenshot or video. The more things you complain about or ask to be fixed the longer its gna take to release. Wait until game comes out play it, and THEN make suggestions for improvements for later patched or sequels. It's bloody ridiculous to keep pestering and moaning. It's obvious there's a lot of thought and effort not to mention money and time gone into this project so give the guys some slack and be patient. At least Ross bothers to reply to your crap. Most debs don't even go on the forums

I must say after flicking through this thread and having a skim read I'm absolutely gob smacked about the ball and the boundary thing... I think its amazing that the fielding dynamics are so great that it'd make you want to wait until it gets near the rope to dive and stop it. Anyone saying about a real match simulation and all that stuff aren't looking at the bigger picture, Ross clearly said it was staged and I think that showing you can get that close to the boundary and cut it off and having to worry about whether or not your touching the boundary rope and the ball at the same time is just brilliant. To me this discussion(no matter how pointless some of it was) has brought out just how great the fielding system is. :cheers

Exactly. It shows there's some really clever stuff going on under the hood that you can actually do some dynamic (ugh, that word) fielding within the game making that portion of the experience POTENTIALLY infinitely more interesting than in previous iterations...

The same people who post "when's the release" are the same people complaining every time bigant show us a screenshot or video. The more things you complain about or ask to be fixed the longer its gna take to release. Wait until game comes out play it, and THEN make suggestions for improvements for later patched or sequels. It's bloody ridiculous to keep pestering and moaning. It's obvious there's a lot of thought and effort not to mention money and time gone into this project so give the guys some slack and be patient. At least Ross bothers to reply to your crap. Most debs don't even go on the forums

Rubbish.

There were 5 main "complaints".

1) The blur in Big Balls - Ross confirmed it's a bug and they'll patch it. Great news.
2) Some 2s and 3s didn't look realistic, I raised this point myself while acknowledging there were plenty of possible reasons for this. Mike confirmed it was due to the fielders being slowed to help them get what they want. Ok, fine.

3) Some lofted shots appeared to travel an identical distance before bouncing, and there was concern it would lead to possible exploits by the fielding side. Ross confirmed that due to angles etc. they are similar, but slightly different. Having been originally concerned about that one, I actually take this as a huge positive, it's more realistic physics and the game is handling tiny variations not broad sweeps. Fantastic news.
4)Some 1s appeared to have crossed the boundary. This would be a huge issue if true, but it wasn't possible to see for sure due to the angle. Mike/Ross confirmed that they were being stopped near the rope, as the players love doing the dives and track the ball to pull these dives off. Ok fine - sounds like fielding is exciting.
5)No shots behind square. Was never an issue to me, I've seen that there's 360 shot control, seen screen shots of balls behind square etc. and appreciate the Wheel was a representation, not supposed to be typical. Fine. But I can still understand why it might have jumped out at some people. As Mike said, he played shots behind square, just for whatever reason didn't take the runs. Absolutely fine, as I say I understand what the graphic was trying to achieve.

It was legitimate to raise every one of those concerns. Some people may have banged on too long after Mike/Ross had answered the issue, admittedly, but I don't think attempting to belittle or shout down honest feedback is any more helpful than banging on about an issue already answered.

Last edited:
Blocker is fast becoming one of my new favorite posters here... Not one single person here supports the elimination of constructive criticism towards this product, what we don't support is mindless keyboard bashing about problems or critiques that have zero merit or no factual basis or analysis to back it up. Most people "pointing out problems" haven't actually read the thread they're posting in or doing a balkeet just making stuff up...

Every interaction you've had from Ross here is ample proof CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is valued, appreciated and almost always acted upon. Just gotta handle yourself with a bit of pizazz, brains or decorum. Ideally; Do a "me" and employee all three.

Blocker is fast becoming one of my new favorite posters here... Not one single person here supports the elimination of constructive criticism towards this product, what we don't support is mindless keyboard bashing about problems or critiques that have zero merit or no factual basis or analysis to back it up. Most people "pointing out problems" haven't actually read the thread they're posting in or doing a balkeet just making stuff up...

Every interaction you've had from Ross here is ample proof CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is valued, appreciated and almost always acted upon. Just gotta handle yourself with a bit of pizazz, brains or decorum. Ideally; Do a "me" and employee all three.

I get a lot from understanding what people think is wrong with the Academy and the game itself, while I have played every major Cricket game to date from the 80's there is no doubt that many here have played more hours on them than I have and that this experience is most valuable.

The craziness for me is my assumption that we're all on the same side and are all trying to reach that same goal of getting the best game out possible. Who would think that people would bother to register on here if that was not their intent, to help make the game and the place better? If nothing else, and call me whatever you like, plenty do, it is irrefutable that I do listen and have a track record of actually implementing public/fan requested elements into our previous games via patch and DLC.

I think Blocker and I got off on the wrong foot as it's become a bit of a habit for me to get my retaliation in first on here (I have thank the great Billy Connolly's Dad for that line), that, and the idea that if I agree with someone we're off to bed or if I disagree then I'm a really angry human being... to be clear, I come here to be entertained and I hope occasionally be entertaining, not to be angry.

Users who are viewing this thread