Bob Woolmer Dies (May 14, 1948 - March 18, 2007)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11215
  • Start date
Lol Zorax.

The Heaven XI (That sounds cool!) will also have Bob's marble slab to help deal with those demonic bouncy pitches down below.

In all seriousness though, what a bloke he was. It will be interesting to hear what the likes of Ian Bell say about it when the game is over because Bob helped Bell early on in his career.

I am deeply shocked and hurt too :( Although,i am not trying to speculate,but it seems that his death was related to cricket..All this just for a sport ? Cant take it in !

I just read the condolences article on cricinfo. Shoaib Akhtar is the biggest hypocrite(read:liar) on earth..It was very obvious even to us cricket followers, who watch it just on television, that things werent good between him and woolmer.I have myself seen video footages of them in arguments,finger-pointing,swearing ! Too much..I guess its customary for people to say good things about people who have passed away!

In any case,this is a very sad day for cricket! My condolences to his family ! RIP ..

Pakistan fans. Be careful what you wish for. He will be sorely missed in the cricketing world and judging by the number of posts already in this thread, you can see what a positive impact he made

Pat i'm sure Shoaib is being genuine. He's not evil and the death of Bob Woolmer will have really hurt him.

oh yeah...he will be able to play for Heaven XI as well...cos he will get younger...

hope the people who wished him dead will learn something of this...

Last edited:
I just read the condolences article on cricinfo. Shoaib Akhtar is the biggest hypocrite(read:liar) on earth..It was very obvious even to us cricket followers, who watch it just on television, that things werent good between him and woolmer.I have myself seen video footages of them in arguments,finger-pointing,swearing ! Too much..I guess its customary for people to say good things about people who have passed away!

The quote mentioned of him earlier said he could not be happy about it. This is because although the two were rivals, there was mutual respect for the fastest bowler in the world and his honourable coach.

i think it is 7 but yeah no doubt...he was a great man...GEO are still going on about him and interviewing people and stuff...

Omg-Just read on Cricinfo about his death. RIP Bob Woolmer :( :crying
I hope his family is okay and they will be in my prayers. He gave his life to cricket. What a crappy week for Cricket it has been. Manjural Islam's tragedy, adn now this..

rip bob woolmer......

on a rather sad side note, i have a strong suspicion this will develop into a little more than just a death....

yeah i have the same feeling as well...it was all so sudden...never in the world did i expect that to happen...

Adarsh said:
Hmm. I'm suspicious that this might be suicide, all speculation.
First Ireland are match fixing, now Bob Woolmer has commited suicide. Until you get any evidence or back up, please stop making these ridiculous statements.

Users who are viewing this thread