Bob Woolmer Dies (May 14, 1948 - March 18, 2007)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11215
  • Start date
Just saw this, and Oh my God.
Bob was a brilliant guy, knew so much, still had so much to offer.
Can't believe he is dead.
RIP.

This WC has been a bloodbath. Majural Islam, Sajjidul Hasan, now Woolmer. :(
Shocking. Stupid fans calling for his death. Hope they are happy, idiots...

ZoraxDoom said:
RIP.

Well said zorax, he was a great knowledgable guy

Omg I cant believe this, I saw on KX's msn it said RIP Bob Woolmer, I thought it said that because he got sacked or somthing, came to check the WC section and find hes dead.....this is really sad personally for him and his family and it really sums up a bad time for Pakistan cricket...

i can't believe this. he was a gret coach. shame on those fans who were calling for his and inzys death

Bad times continue, even if you hated him, or f you liked him, he did bring unity to the team. Very sad atm, hope he rests in peace.

Yeah it's a very sad day for cricket ... i think all the fans in the world should now think more maturely on responding to a situation

I say this not beacuse of the Death but in general ( especially India and Pakistan)

Tributes to Bob Woolmer

'He gave his life to cricket and paid for it' - Donald

Cricinfo staff

March 18, 2007

The cricket world was shocked to learn of Bob Woolmer's sudden death in Jamaica, a day after Pakistan's early exit from the World Cup. The tributes have started coming in. Here are the early ones:

"The news was pretty devastating, to be honest. He was a very, very close friend, actually more than as a coach.... He was a very respected man. We were together with Warwickshire and South Africa. Bob was an extremely professional man, was an extremely soft person, gave his life to cricket and probably paid for it."
Allan Donald

"I am shocked and badly hurt. We have lost a good coach and a good person."
Inzamam-ul-Haq

"We had a marvelous time together. Can't believe it happened. It happened so quickly. We can't do anything about it... huge tragedy for Pakistan cricket, a huge shock for the nation. Don't think I can take it very well.... Was a lovely man, very understanding..."
Shoaib Akhtar

"It's a great shock, great tragedy. Didn't know that he was diabetic and had high blood sugar. We had a good relationship with him. He was a thorough professional; he was a wonderful person to work with.... My condolences to his family" -
Wasim Bari

"Our thoughts are with Bob's family. This has come as a huge shock to all of the England team. "He was a figure who commanded great respect within world cricket and he will be sorely missed."
Andrew Walpole, the ECB media manager

We are extremely grieved at his pasing away. On behalf of the PCB let me say it's a moment of extreme grief for all of us. He met with a heart attack and died in hospital in Jamaica . This is all we know at this moment.... Bob was one of the greatest coaches in Pakistan and in world cricket... "
Amir Bilal, member of Pakistan Cricket Board

ZoraxDoom said:
RIP.

yeah well said zorax...they really were idiots...wishing for a human beings death just because of a game...stupid idiots :mad

handsome said:
Yeah it's a very sad day for cricket ... i think all the fans in the world should now think more maturely on responding to a situation

I say this not beacuse of the Death but in general ( especially India and Pakistan)

Extremely true. All across both countries they are wanting the players dead and burning their posters etc etc etc. Cricket isn't an easy game, sometimes things don't go your way and you have to face it. The fans have to sort their attitude out as, yes they do get unhappy, but so do the team, they have to live with it. After one victory the fans will be ahppy again but the players still remember that bad loss.

I read he was unconscious, but I never expected that it would be that severe. Condolences to his family.

Yea, now they should win that annual match against Hell's XI.
Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood...

Users who are viewing this thread